Jetcap79

Replacement watch advise

Jetcap79

I'm a pilot and had a quartz avenger was very heavy and dependable . I seemed to have lost it I think a spring bar might have broke and lost it.  As a pilot I'd like to replace it with another and would like dual time to keep track of local and zulu time. Does any one have any recommendations Id like b55 exospace . Or if there is no watch with dual time zones a good quility blackbird I appreciate any advise.. 

GenTLe

1st you've to consider that ANY mechanical watch will never be as precise as a quartz one. I mean quartz in general have errors in the order of few seconds/month, mechanical well regulated are around 2/4 seconds/day.

That said, and if you aren't seriously dependable on it for important reasons (we're still speaking of replica watches: nowadays they are pretty well made, but still...) it's plenty of good ones around.

For example I've ordered (yesterday) from Tim ( see -> https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/forum/315-watchfinder/) this one, which happens to be also a pilot watch, has a perfect size at 41mm and Tim checked for me that the GMT time is adjustable and has a well done and reliable movement inside (the common "2836 GMT", which is the Hangzhou 6460):

IWC-Pilot%E2%80%99s-Watch-UTC-Spitfire-E9a1a4897889ae892a8fbb1f4b6e35336.jpg

Bronze case, green dial, GMT function in the upper window, date function, limited series.

But again, it's plenty of GMT good watches out there: the Breitling that @nunu78 mentioned, the Omega planet ocean ones:

23230442203001-30gmt3.jpg omega-seamaster-planet-ocean-600m-omega-

etc etc.

nunu78

Love the IWC, what a great pickup @GenTLe

GenTLe
28 minutes ago, nunu78 said:
Love the IWC, what a great pickup [mention=57251]GenTLe[/mention]

Thanks mate. Actually for the time we are in, with good reps over 350$, that was strangely "cheap" at 288$, working GMT, real bronze and correct size case. Yes, the gen has titanium case back while probably this has a sandblasted SS one, yes the gen has a different movement inside with jumping hour hand setting, but actually do I care? ;)

Nikosaldente

Nice little Bronze IWC Alex :clap:

Looking forward to seeing the photos upon arrival!

GenTLe
34 minutes ago, Nikosaldente said:

Nice little Bronze IWC Alex :clap:

Looking forward to seeing the photos upon arrival!

Thanks Nikos :) Let's see how it will go with EMS this time.

Jetcap79

Thanks all, is there such a thing is a gmt black bird or hurricane? I'd like all blacked out with numerals for the markers and nylon type band thanks all in advance.. 

GenTLe
23 minutes ago, Jetcap79 said:

Thanks all, is there such a thing is a gmt black bird or hurricane? I'd like all blacked out with numerals for the markers and nylon type band thanks all in advance.. 

Check out in the TD website mate. For instance https://www.trustytime.shop/ beware: at the bottom of the page for any watch there's a "This product was added to our catalog on ..." followed by a date. It is quite rare that anything added more than 2 years ago is still available. And also beware that there are good and bad watches, with good and bad movements and more or less gen-like fidelity.

It's not that easy to spot a good one.

Probably the one that is nearest to your willing is this one https://www.intime05.co/breitling/3100-avenger-gmt-dlc-black-numeral-marker-textured-dial-on-leather-strap-a2836.html then you can put it on a branded nylon or rubber strap (they are easily available on AliExpress). I don't know how that rep is, but comparing it with the GMFactory ones, it doesn't shine (just look how shallow the engravings on the bezel are).

Or this one, no numbers on the dial but still a great watch: it is a GMFactory one which is a great factory for Breitlings https://www.intime05.co/breitling/3835-avenger-gmt-dlc-gf-best-edition-black-sticks-marker-dial-on-nylon-strap-a2836.html

Jetcap79

Thanks all,  I'll prob go with gmf factory one you mention ticks all my boxes .. I just like to number dial, how does the black cases hold of does the black come off ? My stainless I work hard flying all over the world it would scratch but still looked good . Wore it on my right wrist as I'm left handed and when I flew my right had was on the thrust levelers any my watch looked good being in its environment.  It was an avenger ss qurtz .. but I'm tired of converting time to zulu on my phone when a simple g shock will do it no problem that why the new watch has to have a working gmt movment . The gmf watch does the gmt hand work ? It not listed as functional in the discription. Thanks in advance to every one 

GenTLe
5 hours ago, Jetcap79 said:

Thanks all,  I'll prob go with gmf factory one you mention ticks all my boxes .. I just like to number dial, how does the black cases hold of does the black come off ? My stainless I work hard flying all over the world it would scratch but still looked good . Wore it on my right wrist as I'm left handed and when I flew my right had was on the thrust levelers any my watch looked good being in its environment.  It was an avenger ss qurtz .. but I'm tired of converting time to zulu on my phone when a simple g shock will do it no problem that why the new watch has to have a working gmt movment . The gmf watch does the gmt hand work ? It not listed as functional in the discription. Thanks in advance to every one 

Those black treatment in general are very solid. I've a beater with that one and holds incredibly well.