GenTLe

Code 11.59

GenTLe

It seems the factories are finally back at work :) There are also the white dial and the black and blue dial SS ones.
41mm x 12.5mm case with Miyota 9015 inside

ap2020050704-02.jpg

ap2020050704-08.jpg

ap2020050704-05.jpg

BravoDelta

Hopefully this shipping situation will improve soon.  We need scheduled international air service to resume. 

• Like 1

Do you like the design

Glaude

Unlike many, I liked that new design of the case, but I would love to see the chrono version and the "starry" dial version

BadApple
28 minutes ago, BravoDelta said:

Hopefully this shipping situation will improve soon.  We need scheduled international air service to resume. 

Stop buying face masks then !!!

BravoDelta
12 minutes ago, BadApple said:

Stop buying face masks then !!!

:lol: It's not me!

• Like 1

BadApple

GenTLe
5 hours ago, 171796 said:

Do you like the design

Uhm not personally, it seems too plain that dial. At least they (I mean AP) could have put some sunburst effect .

BravoDelta
21 minutes ago, tribefan said:

Seems tough to rep this one well. 

Double curved crystal profile.  Their not showing that on the rep. 

bdnica
On 08/05/2020 at 10:57, Glaude said:

Unlike many, I liked that new design of the case, but I would love to see the chrono version and the "starry" dial version

On 08/05/2020 at 16:09, GenTLe said:

Uhm not personally, it seems too plain that dial. At least they (I mean AP) could have put some sunburst effect .

On 09/05/2020 at 15:08, GenTLe said:

Auch, this isn't something easy to do...

Just after the release of the Code 11:59, we were staying in Miami just across from the Bal Harbour Shops.  A snooty mall with an AP Boutique.  We walked over one morning to see if the Code 11:59 was in stock.  It was busy, and the sales rep was a young guy who was not particularly interested in wasting time on me while he had a 15400 customer ready to be closed.  But he did bring out a black chrono that he let me try on for about 15 seconds.  So I apologize for the piss-poor photo quality, but I was under tremendous pressure to give it back and go away!  But here it is up close and personal:

image.png

image.png

These photos are bad to the point of not helping my argument these are VERY cool watches, although it does prove I'm the worst photographer on this forum.  @Glaude , you are spot-on correct.  The case is amazing... so much cool new engineering has gone in to it that it will take a new owner days of wear to appreciate all the new and cool stuff incorporated in to this case (the lugs are exceptionally cool!)  My opinion is it will be impossible to rep the case at this point....  maybe by Version 10.  But the case is unique to the point it draws the eye almost immediately.  And the chrono is laid out perfectly. 

@GenTLe you know how much I respect your opinion on these things.  But I'm telling you, the dial face is actually beautiful when seen through this new crystal.  Which in and of itself is a marvel to behold.  (And you are correct.... like the case, it will be impossible to rep this crystal...  at this point anyway.) 

The price was, of course, outrageous.  But not as outrageous as the original Royal Oak... which also suffered the wrath and mocking disdain of the horological community when first released.  And we all know how that turned out!  The Nica Ninja has proven to possess a good eye for design elements in watches.  So I turned to her for a reaction.  But she was nowhere to be found.  So after returning the piece to the disinterested sales intern, I went on an emergency hunt for my wife.  Nica's turned loose in any high end Miami mall are like wild spending beasts uncaged.   Anyone who's been to Bal Harbour Shops knows there are no 'affordable' stores permitted within a certain radius of the mall.  I located her quickly, but my worst fears were realized when I found her catatonically mesmerized in front of Harry Winston's.

image.png

I took emergency measures by breaking up a couple Xanax I then mixed in to a cappucino she drank without question.  She was out within 10 minutes, so I slung her  over my shoulder and made a rapid move towards the exit.  I explained to the many security guards she was suffering a massive hangover from too many Cosmopolitans the night before, a common occurrence in Miami so they smiled and let me pass without question.  Praise Odin.....

But that aside, I'm officially on record as thinking this is a very cool watch.. a great effort by AP that will become more desireable and appreciated as time goes on.  Although repping one is going to be very difficult.  IMHO.

• Like 1

GenTLe

Ahahah, if you'll ever bring your ninja wife to Montenapoleone street here in Milan, you'd better to "casually" forgot the credit card in the hotel :D

bdnica
3 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Ahahah, if you'll ever bring your ninja wife to Montenapoleone street here in Milan, you'd better to "casually" forgot the credit card in the hotel :D

Amen  brother.  I spent a lot of time in Milan over a 10 year period and know that area well.  I've yet to take her to Italia, although that may happen this summer if the hysteria dies down and travel is permitted again.  But my plan is to show her the Duomo, then head straight to Lecco where I have friends and associates.  I've found shopping there is generally the same stuff only less expensive.  

• Like 1

bdnica
10 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

4 minutes ago, bdnica said:

Amen  brother.  I spent a lot of time in Milan over a 10 year period and know that area well.  I've yet to take her to Italia, although that may happen this summer if the hysteria dies down and travel is permitted again.  But my plan is to show her the Duomo, then head straight to Lecco where I have friends and associates.  I've found shopping there is generally the same stuff only less expensive.  

Of course, if I had @Glaude or @TheGingerFerret money, none of this would be an issue.  They probably have house accounts at all the high end boutiques.....  something I can only dream of.

GingerApple

I actually own the AP company, but I don't like to boast....

Re Code 11:59, the only thing I like about it is the crystal, the weird effect it gives from an angle, as helpfully shown in your photograph. But  I'm not sure it's a useful feature, probably more of a gimmick.

bdnica
15 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I actually own the AP company, but I don't like to boast....

Re Code 11:59, the only thing I like about it is the crystal, the weird effect it gives from an angle, as helpfully shown in your photograph. But  I'm not sure it's a useful feature, probably more of a gimmick.

I think you'd really like the case if you spent some quality time with it.   

For some reason, I thought you owned Vacheron....?  

GingerApple
6 minutes ago, bdnica said:

I think you'd really like the case if you spent some quality time with it.   

To be fair, I think I do like the case, but that's nowhere near enough to make me want to buy the watch (or a Rep of it to be precise). Then again, that type of watch isn't my style anyway.

boh-deflector

cant see them doing this justice to be honest, that crystal is one if the watches biggest features.  Tried it on in Qatar, beautiful in hand really.  The crystal is incredible, you get those layers of light when looking at it from an angle but its how light actually reflects off it thats most impressive, it  almost has a glitter effect as you turn your wrist,  reminiscent of the royal oak bracelet when moved under light

thatjakea
On 08/05/2020 at 17:57, Glaude said:

Couldn’t of said it better :Praying:

GingerApple
25 minutes ago, thatjakea said:

Couldn’t of said it better :Praying:

He's a Frenchman talking English; surely you could have improved on it just a wee bit.

• Like 1