SuperTime

Gen VS Rep GMF Rolex Cellini 50515 Teardown Review

SuperTime

Hi friends! Thought you would like to see a teardown review of gen and GMF Rolex Cellini! What you guys think? :D

7x8uoAY.jpg

w1pzzQY.jpg

fGOPmVD.jpg

u4J9dMy.jpg

IET8Ppn.jpg

JS1ayTP.jpg

L75znM4.jpg

dRJfX7J.jpg

edCRzRJ.jpg

Ben

• Like 2

nunu78

Not a fan but it looks like  a great rep.

FunnyStarSystem

This is a reference you don't see too often - great attention to detail. Even though you can see where the gen quality is superior, it's only possible under magnification. I would love to see how they make the tooling for these, but I suspect it's an ancient Chinese secret! :D

Awesome 5th post @SuperTime by your hundreth we'll be up and running our own factory :thumbsup2:

GenTLe

Looks very good and a rare watch indeed. Also it seems that the difference in height is simply a matter either of crystal thickness or gasket height (not sure how the gasket on these are made), so if the factory want can fix that and the crown which, on the gen, is a bit more bevealed on the borders.

What is that blue color on the balance spring of the rep? I hope it's not some kind of paint...

Interesting also the fact that they have nearly replicated all the Rolex most common movements now!

BravoDelta

Great photos. Looks like an amazingly detailed rep. Thanks :thumbsup2:

SuperTime
On 09/05/2020 at 00:15, nunu78 said:

Not a fan but it looks like  a great rep.

Thanks friend! For me, not so my taste also, but I can appreciate this would look very good with formal suit! :)

On 09/05/2020 at 00:39, FunnyStarSystem said:

This is a reference you don't see too often - great attention to detail. Even though you can see where the gen quality is superior, it's only possible under magnification. I would love to see how they make the tooling for these, but I suspect it's an ancient Chinese secret! :D

Awesome 5th post @SuperTime by your hundreth we'll be up and running our own factory :thumbsup2:

Thanks friend! I will get more of these for different brands and models and post on here for you all! Yes, GMF did very good job on this watch! Also such lovely watch in real life. Very elegant!

On 09/05/2020 at 16:49, GenTLe said:

Looks very good and a rare watch indeed. Also it seems that the difference in height is simply a matter either of crystal thickness or gasket height (not sure how the gasket on these are made), so if the factory want can fix that and the crown which, on the gen, is a bit more bevealed on the borders.

What is that blue color on the balance spring of the rep? I hope it's not some kind of paint...

Interesting also the fact that they have nearly replicated all the Rolex most common movements now!

Hi friend! I am not sure what makes the difference in size, but I think if I choose from your 2 options, I think gasket! For the blue on balance spring, gen also has this blue.  :)

On 09/05/2020 at 17:20, BravoDelta said:

Great photos. Looks like an amazingly detailed rep. Thanks :thumbsup2:

Thanks friend! Yes such nice watch! :D

GenTLe
1 hour ago, SuperTime said:

For the blue on balance spring, gen also has this blue.  :)

Yes, but the gen is blue because it's made of silicon. This one is made of harmonic steel, so it shouldn't be that color unless either painted or with some heat treatment (which I'd avoid actually...)

SuperTime
20 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Yes, but the gen is blue because it's made of silicon. This one is made of harmonic steel, so it shouldn't be that color unless either painted or with some heat treatment (which I'd avoid actually...)

This is why I love forums! I learn too! It may be heat treated.

Masterrob

Superb comparision Review . 

HAIRlab_DC

Even though the movement/interior caseback aesthetics are irrelevant with solid casebacks, the construction of the movement (gear finish, jewels etc) is what really impresses me compared to the early attempts at the 3035's.  On a far less important note,  I assume the differences in the "gold markings" are due to their being stamped on the gen and engraved on the rep which may be an unavoidable flaw on reps of gold watches that have these markings on the outside, but only if you're in the (IMO, inadvisable) habit of taking your watch off of your wrist for people to handle--in which case the weight would be a bigger giveaway anyway. Awesome watch!