Niemamrady

Rolex Sub Kermit real or not

Niemamrady

Hi Guys,

I have an opportunity to buy this for a reasonably good price. It comes, however, w/o papers so always a risk.

Does that look real to you?

IMG-0317.jpg
IMG-0318.jpg
IMG-0319.jpg
IMG-0320.jpg
IMG-0321.jpg
IMG-0325.jpg
IMG-0322.jpg
IMG-0323.jpg
IMG-0324.jpg

GingerApple

Looks good to me.

But I know NAAAAAFINK!!!!!

Maybe the pearl looks a bit weird, but could just be the photo.

Shit photos thigh, very low res for me so hard to tell tbh.

Devil

You could always just buy mine on M2M for 120 quid :D 

• Like 1

splke

looks pretty damn good to me but its so hard tell even in hand 

the gen feels really disappointing in the flesh to the point i viewed 2 and that was it for me the bezels didnt even line up correctly and felt no better than my tc !

Realism

Buy the seller... Can you trust the fella? Is the deal too good to be true?

You need better pictures of the movement than that... It's too blurry...

The rule is that to observe the balance area... you should be able to see the parachrom bleu hairspring on models from 2005 and onwards... the shock absorber is too blurry to judge too.... However, at a quick glance, that balance area is different to a cloned 3135...

https://millenarywatches.com/rolex-caliber-3135/

Even if the pictures are "real pictures", vetting the seller is a better process... I've seen plenty of wire, paypal frauds with the buyers getting no watch and out of cash

Edited by Realism

deju
6 minutes ago, splke said:

looks pretty damn good to me but its so hard tell even in hand 

the gen feels really disappointing in the flesh to the point i viewed 2 and that was it for me the bezels didnt even line up correctly and felt no better than my tc !

It’s a sub, they are disappointing, that said kermits and hulks the gens do pop with a colour not captured in photos 

Realism

Not a Kermit expert... there is some that dedicate their lives for this detail...

I do wonder... what is stopping a dude from putting a LV kermit bezel on their gen LN based sub to bake that price difference? Not every buyer is educated, and you really only need one sucker to fall for it... I'd advise caution if you aren't an expert without any provenance to prove that it is a LV vs. a LN.

Genius
21 minutes ago, Realism said:

Not a Kermit expert... there is some that dedicate their lives for this detail...

I do wonder... what is stopping a dude from putting a LV kermit bezel on their gen LN based sub to bake that price difference? Not every buyer is educated, and you really only need one sucker to fall for it... I'd advise caution if you aren't an expert without any provenance to prove that it is a LV vs. a LN.

Maxi dial was only on the green I think?

I could be completely wrong though :rofl:

I don't like the SEL gap in the 1st pic