Simonix

Rolex DSSD and SD43 - Rubber B Strap replicas

Simonix

I really like the black with red sides/backing strap that Rubber B make for the Rolex SD43. They also make a very good fitted strap for the DSSD.

As you may know, these are not cheap! But I guess it's the price you pay for a proper curved end fitting strap, tailor made for these watches.....

Well.....           I managed to find some rep versions of these straps on Strapconcept, so thought I would give them a try.

Ordered them from Hong Kong 4 days ago, and by paying extra for shipping, they arrived this morning in UK! Now that's fast!

Anyway, the quality of these is fantastic! Really soft and supple rubber, but not sticky or smelly. Even the "Rubber B" branding is spot on! I am really chuffed!

I got both these straps for around £100 (about half the price of just one of the genuine RubberB ones)!

Here are some photos:

PCIxL.jpg
PCqXQ.jpg
PCoqS.jpg
PCmZW.jpg
PCYUR.jpg
PC1fK.jpg
PCyQ8.jpg
PC6n1.jpg
PCnhv.jpg

simey83

That’s awesome mate! Gonna to check them out now!! Cheers

• Like 1

Simonix
24 minutes ago, BadApple said:

Get these - similar - on Ali Express - £13

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000802242987.html

Those would be ok for the older DSSD with 21mm lug, but newer DSSD and SD43 are 22mm.

Also, no guarantee that the curved section will fit of course. I tried a cheapy curved end strap from Ebay, and the lug holes didn't line up properly, so it looked crap.

But, I am sure through trial and error, there are other even cheaper options out there. These I thought were the best for looks and quality, except without the ridiculous RubberB price tag.

OJHorology
On 16/05/2020 at 10:05, simey83 said:

That’s awesome mate! Gonna to check them out now!! Cheers

Did you end up getting any? I'm tempted to get one for my hulk.

The ones @BadApple recommended would work for a sub.

@Simonix You think the Strapconcept ones are worth the price difference for the quality?

Simonix

@OJHorology The strapconcept ones are fantastic! Very well finished. No moulding marks, the rubber b branding is well done, and the strap itself is soft and supple, but smooth and not “sticky” like some rubber strap can be. 

I am very impressed. They really aren’t very expensive either. DSSD was about £30. The SD43 was about £50-60. 

OJHorology
30 minutes ago, Simonix said:

@OJHorology The strapconcept ones are fantastic! Very well finished. No moulding marks, the rubber b branding is well done, and the strap itself is soft and supple, but smooth and not “sticky” like some rubber strap can be. 

I am very impressed. They really aren’t very expensive either. DSSD was about £30. The SD43 was about £50-60. 

Could you share the link? I feel like I'm looking at the wrong website lol

Simonix
9 minutes ago, OJHorology said:

Could you share the link? I feel like I'm looking at the wrong website lol

Wow! I have just gone to check, and they are no longer listed on their website?!

I must have bought the last ones!

this site has the 21mm DSSD ones....

https://partsforwatch.com/product/navy-blue-rubber-strap-for-rolex-deepsea-sea-dweller/