Sign in to follow this  
sconehead

First Pam...

sconehead
We English only drink tea...you know this...

Speak for yourself, monkeyface. I never touch the stuff. :lol:

That's because you married a colonial and it's wearing off on you, you'll be wearing plaid shorts, sporting an Iowan mullet and hoarding used bog roll soon... :D

greg_r
That's because you married a colonial and it's wearing off on you, you'll be wearing plaid shorts, sporting an Iowan mullet and hoarding used bog roll soon... :popcorn:

I never touched the stuff even before I married a colonial. Unfit for human consumption, but I supposed it's okay for simians.

animals-chimps-tea-party-london-zoo_680205.jpg

Anyhow, you're getting mixed up - used bog roll is only hoarded by Greeks.

JoeyB
Anyhow, you're getting mixed up - used bog roll is only hoarded by Greeks.

Then autographed and sold to Brit tourists playing anthropologists. 'By jove, look what we discovered, eh wot!' unionflag.gif

sconehead

BUGGER...

I love this watch, I've only worn it once. I set the time then tried to wind it tonight and guess what, the winding mechanism won't engage and the hands just spin around. It's obviously a keyless issue. I've had plenty of experience assembling and re-assembling them on ETA 2824/2836 but never on this type of movement. Now here's my dilema, do I take the watch to bits and attempt to fix it or contact Robert who's not back from Europe until the 20th? I've never had to return a watch before, guess I've been lucky so far and to date the only fault I've had was a second hand coming loose on an SMP which was an easy fix...advice please...and as I said 'BUGGER!'... :popcorn:

@Onze, are you from Romany stock, you didn't jinx me did you?

iabounty

Take 3 deep breaths, a shot of Irish whiskey, scream at the top of your lungs, shoot at the moon at midnight and the next day send the watch back for repair or replacement.......... Patience is a learned thing my friend............

Good Luck old boy.........

greg_r
BUGGER...

I love this watch, I've only worn it once. I set the time then tried to wind it tonight and guess what, the winding mechanism won't engage and the hands just spin around. It's obviously a keyless issue. I've had plenty of experience assembling and re-assembling them on ETA 2824/2836 but never on this type of movement. Now here's my dilema, do I take the watch to bits and attempt to fix it or contact Robert who's not back from Europe until the 20th? I've never had to return a watch before, guess I've been lucky so far and to date the only fault I've had was a second hand coming loose on an SMP which was an easy fix...advice please...and as I said 'BUGGER!'... :popcorn:

@Onze, are you from Romany stock, you didn't jinx me did you?

Major bummer. Sorry to hear that...

Very unusual to have a problem with a 6497, they're usually pretty much bomb-proof :lolcina:

Personally, I'd wait for Robert to get back next weekend.

If it's any consolation, I was looking in the window of a fairly major AD yesterday - Rolex, Breit, Maurice Lacroix, Tag, Omega dealership. Had a nice-looking Maurice Lacroix watch in the window, only problem was that the second hand would zoom 4 seconds ahead, then stop, then move 2 seconds, then jump 5... Happens to the best of 'em :thumbsup2:

sconehead

Just a quick update.

Contacted Robert about the fault and asked him if it was alright to have a look at the watch to save on all the hassle of returns etc.

He gave me the go-ahead and I discovered the set-lever screw was sheared. I sent him a pic of the fault and he sent me the bit's to fix it.

Repaired it last week and everythings fine now,I even gave it a quick lube while I was at it for good measure.

Just doing the cg pin mod, putting one of Francisco's 'Panerai' decals on the movement and everything will be peachy now that it's sporting a new Toscana strap.

Can't praise Robert enough the way he handled this, but we all knew this anyway... pics and a mini tuto to follow... :P

Luthier
Just a quick update.

Contacted Robert about the fault and asked him if it was alright to have a look at the watch to save on all the hassle of returns etc.

He gave me the go-ahead and I discovered the set-lever screw was sheared. I sent him a pic of the fault and he sent me the bit's to fix it.

Repaired it last week and everythings fine now,I even gave it a quick lube while I was at it for good measure.

Just doing the cg pin mod, putting one of Francisco's 'Panerai' decals on the movement and everything will be peachy now that it's sporting a new Toscana strap.

Can't praise Robert enough the way he handled this, but we all knew this anyway... pics and a mini tuto to follow... :P

See? Panerai is so primitive watch, even chimp can fix it...

:):):)

P_Diddy

Which PAM model is that?

"I paid a bit extra for a swan neck and flush cannon pin" - does that mean the PAM came with those mods already installed

OR you just paid extra for those parts and you plan to mod it yourself? :)

Arrived today off Robert. I paid a bit extra for a swan neck and flush cannon pin but what the heck. Can't fault the dealer, good comms, fast delivery and a quality watch at a cheap price. I'll certainly be contacting him when I purchase my next rep. More pics to follow when I get the time.

11062009027.jpg

and before anyone say's it, yes, the pic is very grainy and 80's, I meant to shoot it like that... :P

alphakazi

nice buy Scone - looks great on rubber - wear it well (sorry to hear about the troubles) - my desire for a PAM has been inching towards "I must buy one today or die!" for some time now - I'm close to the breaking point - really close

nooblets say PAMS all look the same but let me invite you to gander at the watch that'll pop my cherry

4.jpg

there is most definitely variety

I'll be hitting up Rob soon enough :P

Luthier

Reagatta is definitely a "must to have" PAM.

Go for it!!!

sconehead

@P Diddy, it's the same 111h that Doc bought, good lume and AR, for $99, but with the $70 upgraded movement added onto it's price. Worthwhile spending a few bucks extra for it imo...