Jump to content
stamatic

Hello everyone, I'm new here!

Recommended Posts

stamatic
Posted (edited)

Hello guys! My name is Constantin and I only recently joined the forum. Thanks for all the super helpful posts, it definitely helped to figure out how the whole rep thing works. I'm thinking about getting a Rolex DJ with fluted bezel and a black dial. I'm trying to figure out if I wanna get a 36mm or a 41mm one. I have a 7-inch wrist but don't want the watch to take up my entire wrist, so currently tending more towards the 36mm version. I'll keep you updated once I make up my mind :)

Edited by stamatic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GenTLe
On 21/05/2020 at 12:00, stamatic said:

Hello guys! My name is Constantin and I only recently joined the forum. Thanks for all the super helpful posts, it definitely helped to figure out how the whole rep thing works. I'm thinking about getting a Rolex DJ with fluted bezel and a black dial. I'm trying to figure out if I wanna get a 36mm or a 41mm one. I have a 7-inch wrist but don't want the watch to take up my entire wrist, so currently tending more towards the 36mm version. I'll keep you updated once I make up my mind :)

Hi Constantin, I think you'll go well with the 36mm, my wrist is a 7.7in and while normally my watches are all around 41-44mm the Rolexes are quite different. Even the small Airking (114200, 35mm case) doesn't look bad, especially on their metal oyster bracelet.

If it's your first rep, I'd suggest you to go with an A2836 movement, which is reliable and more serviceable than a rolex clone movement. BP factory has good ones and with a valid cost/value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FREEWIFI

Welcome!

My wrist size is the same for reference This is my ex DJ II 41mm- not with me anymore- always felt it too big or as a dressy watch in a steel sports case and moved back to a 36mm -which is on its way.

Problem is not about the 5mm difference in the dial, is the case of the 41mm which makes it so big IMO

fc7226fa51e8aaee19fdb78d1866108d.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stamatic

Thank you both for the suggestions!

On 23/05/2020 at 14:40, GenTLe said:

Hi Constantin, I think you'll go well with the 36mm, my wrist is a 7.7in and while normally my watches are all around 41-44mm the Rolexes are quite different. Even the small Airking (114200, 35mm case) doesn't look bad, especially on their metal oyster bracelet.

If it's your first rep, I'd suggest you to go with an A2836 movement, which is reliable and more serviceable than a rolex clone movement. BP factory has good ones and with a valid cost/value.

That's a very helpful tip, I'm only getting started so I'm currently trying to navigate through the different TDs and factories. So far I was thinking about getting the watch from Trusty Time, in particular the one from ARF factory. But I definitely do not know enough about the topic yet. So I appreciate every tip I can get!

 

On 23/05/2020 at 14:57, FREEWIFI said:

Welcome!

My wrist size is the same for reference This is my ex DJ II 41mm- not with me anymore- always felt it too big or as a dressy watch in a steel sports case and moved back to a 36mm -which is on its way.

Problem is not about the 5mm difference in the dial, is the case of the 41mm which makes it so big IMO

fc7226fa51e8aaee19fdb78d1866108d.jpg

Thanks for sharing and I totally agree, also to me it feels like its too big! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×