Sign in to follow this  
myaz

Received BK’s smurf sub, a total beauty

myaz

For starters, let's state for the record that I'm not a rollie fan.

Maybe I've seen one person too many wearing a gold presidential way too conspicuously and that turned me off the brand many years ago.

So when I joined RWG and started perusing the dealers, BK was listed alphabetically at the top and that's where I first looked. BAD MOVE on my part. His picture of the sub-c blue was just sitting there, filling the screen....it had no gold.....and I was suckered in. How did that happen??

Now to make it worse, I had to wait a little over 9 weeks from order date to delivery. Well, good things cannot be rushed, right? I'm definitely not blaming BK: Heck, it was his money tied up while the chinese customs held up his shipment and he doesn't ask for payment until he's ready to ship.

Very well worth the wait: good communication, many payment options, truly phenomenal rep, yada, yada, yada. This represents but feeble additional praise to a well deserving TD.

The pictures on his site are better than these but I hope you enjoy this:

And if this convinces you, go vote for this blue smurfer that has woefully fallen behind in the DSSD vs Submariner poll.

Here're comparison photos of gen and rep. The grainy photo is included to show current price.

You'll notice the listed sales price on the gen is £1,350 less than list price. Don't know about you, but that's a big hit to take just for having the undivided attention of the salesperson for the entire duration of the sale. Listed as "pre owned and unused"€ it sure did not get a lot of wrist time.

MLTIMG007.jpg

Obligatory wristie

GEDC1475.jpg

MLTIMG002.jpg

MLTIMG003.jpg

MLTIMG004b.jpg

For those of you, like me, have had a hard time figuring out what an "incorrect 10" is... here's what that looks like

correctnot10.jpg

YouTube video sweep of the second hand: here

Well, Thank you again BK and I hope the reading was fun.

Note: edited to restablish links lost reorganizing photobucket

Edited by myaz

ThinkBachs

MLTIMG007.jpg

GEDC1475.jpg

MLTIMG002.jpg

MLTIMG003.jpg

MLTIMG004b.jpg

GEDC1472.jpg

correctnot10.jpg

SevenSevenFifty

Sexy

Distinct

Congratulations and I should have the same watch from BK being shipped out in a couple days. Seeing your pictures make me anxious, excited and confident on my purchase, the price and the wait. It looks amazing. You mentioned that the cyclops is slightly off. Is it visibly off enough to bother you or are you just a real stickler and able to see like hundredths of a degree variance?

Thanks. Looks amazing.

MikeMcNair

This thread is hysterical!!

myaz
You mentioned that the cyclops is slightly off. Is it visibly off enough to bother you or are you just a real stickler and able to see like hundredths of a degree variance?

Thanks. Looks amazing.

@THINKBACHS: Many thanks for fixing this. Do you know where I screwed up and how you fixed it?

@ DISTINCT: Congrats on getting yours from BK soon, you won't regret it. Actually, I mentioned that the cyclops "might" be off a smidge. Probably shouldn't have even brought it up because it's immaterial and I'd have to be totally anal to be bothered by it. I suppose that I just had to find some inconsequential flaw because reps cannot be perfect but this one is about as close at it gets.

Takken
;) Nice Submariner right there.

solkryssare

Great post this!

mspangl

Nice watch mate! Wear it well

I ;) 'd at the wristie