Mr Ed

Rolex Submariner Second Hand Sticking.

Mr Ed

Hi All, I bought a Rolex Submariner (copy) from eBay several years ago. This must have been when buying copies wasn't frowned upon or even just ignored by the eBay fuzz.

After a few months the second hand kept stopping at the same two different positions  on the dial.  Shaking of wrist forces movement of the second hand again but still gets stuck next time the second hand reaches the same two positions.

The watch looks nice, it cam with a couple of nice boxes too, but due to the issue haven't worn it for 10 years or so.

Is it worth taking the watch to be repaired or is it best to buy another copy from a TD on here now I've found this great forum.

Unsure if anyone else bought one of these from eBay 10 years ago or so and if they had any experience of successfully sorting this issue.

Please advise if I've posted this in the correct area too. Still looking forward to receiving my new Panerai submersible .too. Will send pics once recieved.

NCRich

More than likely the sec hand is hitting the crystal.  If that is true it is an incredibly easy fix.  Or it could be the movement.  Do you have a pic of the watch?

Mr Ed

I can take a picture. I'll look at doing this and finding out how to attach it now.

Mr Ed

Xooj5.jpg

GenTLe
32 minutes ago, Mr Ed said:

Xooj5.jpg

Urgh. Sorry mate, that's a TERRIBLE fake... I mean REALLY a bad one :(

I don't see any possible value in fixing such a bad one. Get a new one. These are great value for money and tens of times better than that thing:

Mr Ed

LOL, Thanks Gentle and NCRich...

• Like 1

BackInHisBox

Yeah I would invest in a new rep instead, the quality of them these days really is something to behold.

GingerApple

Holy Christ, BURN IT WITH FIRE!!!!!

• Like 2