Or4n6e

Movement I.D.

Or4n6e

Hi guys i am looking for a bit of info on this movement. Any help would be great.

20200524-141850.jpg

Edited by Or4n6e

GenTLe

It seems some kind of A2824 or A2836 (from behind they look the same) but I've never seen one with that final airspring stud or that strange ball bearing in the rotor... Also I notice that the click isn't engaged so probably it's impossible to charge.

• Like 1

HorFan

It’s a Shanghai 2824, not a real eta clone. They usually have a bogus fine regulator corrector, but yours does not...hmmm.

• Like 1

Or4n6e
1 hour ago, Or4n6e said:

Hi guys i am looking for a bit of info on this movement. Any help would be great.

20200524-141850.jpg

Yes the engagement is a bit hit and miss so i am looking for a movement to replace it.

HorFan

You should be able to replace it with an A2824 or seagull st2130, the Shanghai isn’t a particularly good movement.

• Like 1

Or4n6e

Would the hands fit on these 2 movements?

HorFan

I’m not 100% on that, but I believe they are the same size as are the dimensions and stem height - just the internal works are not the same as an Eta 2824

• Like 1

GenTLe
6 hours ago, HorFan said:

You should be able to replace it with an A2824 or seagull st2130, the Shanghai isn’t a particularly good movement.

You're right, it's this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000215033281.html actually the ST2130 would be a good improvement! This is even a low beat one.

• Like 2