Sign in to follow this  
Goon

Future of the Monaco?

Goon

Hey guys,

It is well known that the Tag Heuer Monaco can't be faithfully reproduced due to the complication of the movement (ie. no readily available stock movement will bolt in and give the same functions as the real thing). I know this has been discussed at length and the general consensus is to settle for what's currently available.

However, I am still rather keen on the Tag Monaco - along with many of you I'm sure! and was just wondering if any of you guys were clued in on whether something might be produced in the near future that will have the Monaco fans doing a little jig?

Cheers fellas

Goon

Balad1

If you have a photo why not post it for those that aren't familiar?

Luthier

Yeah, right... Like it depend on our wishes.

Silverspeed

Modern Tag Monaco's use a 2894 with sec@3 which is sadly not replicated. Monaco reps use quartz or cheap 21j movements, none of wich are very good....I doubt we'll ever see a decent rep of the Monaco and that sucks.....the Monaco was the watch that lead me to the rep foras, I really wanted to buy the gen Monaco and whilst looking on the net for a good price I found the rep foras.........never bought the gen Monaco, sofar

tag-heuer-monaco-watch.jpg

RacingSnake
Modern Tag Monaco's use a 2894 with sec@3 which is sadly not replicated. Monaco reps use quartz or cheap 21j movements, none of wich are very good....I doubt we'll ever see a decent rep of the Monaco and that sucks.....the Monaco was the watch that lead me to the rep foras, I really wanted to buy the gen Monaco and whilst looking on the net for a good price I found the rep foras.........never bought the gen Monaco, sofar

tag-heuer-monaco-watch.jpg

I have the gen of this exact watch in the photo.

The leather strap needs replacing though, as I wore it daily and to do everything... £340 for the pleasure of a new strap, without clasp... I need it to keep the value of it, but hard to justify spending it when it gets no wrist time now. I have several gens, but ironically it's my reps that get the wrist time!

wat44
MR-CS-Tag-Heuer-Monaco-Mikrograph.jpg

wat44