MrConserve

A newbie saying hello

MrConserve

Hi every one.  I am new to this forum and new to the world of rep watches in general, I havent yet acquired my first rep watch, but am fairly sure which will be my first choise, I just wanted to say hello and that I am looking very much forward to search through a lot of content here on this site, and learning from you guys. Regards from a newbie

GingerApple

Oooooh, the 'which first watch' decision! How exciting. I’m going to guess Rolex Sub! Did I win, did I win?

Adit

Hello and welcome to the forum, Mr. Conserve.

No rep yet? Well you've just taken your first step on the slippery slope...you've been bitten by the bug!

The gospel according to RWG: Read, read and er.... read! You'll be amazed at the wealth of knowledge on here.

Polite questions always welcome (with some allowance given for newbieness) :D

MrConserve
26 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Oooooh, the 'which first watch' decision! How exciting. I’m going to guess Rolex Sub! Did I win, did I win?

Nope, a tag heuer monaco calibre 11

Im in love with that watch

MrConserve
25 minutes ago, Adit said:

Hello and welcome to the forum, Mr. Conserve.

No rep yet? Well you've just taken your first step on the slippery slope...you've been bitten by the bug!

The gospel according to RWG: Read, read and er.... read! You'll be amazed at the wealth of knowledge on here.

Polite questions always welcome (with some allowance given for newbieness) :D

Thanks!  I've already started reading, it's a big help to begin understanding the basics

PostMaster
6 minutes ago, MrConserve said:

Im in love with that watch

Good decision I have one & Welcome. Look forward to the wrist shot. But the Rolex’s always follow they always do lol.

All the best :) 

MrConserve
34 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

But of course in the future I need that aswell. So you wasnt far off, ive been amazed by the rolex sub since i was a child and my grandad owned a gen. 

But first I NEED the Heuer monaco 

MrConserve
4 minutes ago, PostMaster said:

Good decision I have one & Welcome. Look forward to the wrist shot. But the Rolex’s always follow they always do lol.

All the best :) 

Haha yes that was my plan aswell, the rolex will follow shortly after

MrConserve
Just now, MrConserve said:

Can you recommend a seller or do all the td have more or less the same quality of the monaco?

GingerApple

All the TDs have access to the same watches (with a few exceptions). So if the best Monaco is made by (for example) Noob Factory, you could just go to your TD of choice and tell them you want the Noob Monaco.

Choosing the correct/best version is the hard part - that takes a bit of research. I've no idea who even makes the Monaco, let alone the best Monaco as square watches aren't my thing, but the info will be out there.

PostMaster
9 minutes ago, MrConserve said:
11 minutes ago, MrConserve said:

Can you recommend a seller or do all the td have more or less the same quality of the monaco?

All the TDs source the same watch from the factory.. go through the list & pick the one you like.. shoot them a email (Send them photo of your preferred watch - try mention your from RWG with your name I think it helps.. then it’s just the process to follow) do plenty of reading & research of where your hard earned money will be going to.

Find that & read it helped me:

94-EA5-B7-F-D37-B-40-F1-A320-2-E8-DCF68-

All the best. 

Intresting

Welcome MrConserve.   Whatever flavoured jam you are after, the TDs will try their best to get it for you.   Might pay to read the reviews of the TDs so you can choose the most suitable one.  Be warned, it will get expensive.

MrConserve
16 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

All the TDs have access to the same watches (with a few exceptions). So if the best Monaco is made by (for example) Noob Factory, you could just go to your TD of choice and tell them you want the Noob Monaco.

Choosing the correct/best version is the hard part - that takes a bit of research. I've no idea who even makes the Monaco, let alone the best Monaco as square watches aren't my thing, but the info will be out there.

Super, Thanks alot!

I will continue investigating with joy

MrConserve
4 minutes ago, Intresting said:

Welcome MrConserve.   Whatever flavoured jam you are after, the TDs will try their best to get it for you.   Might pay to read the reviews of the TDs so you can choose the most suitable one.  Be warned, it will get expensive.

Thanks, yes I already saw the prices from some of the td, but for the monaco the price seems a bit lower than many other models. 

19 minutes ago, PostMaster said:

All the TDs source the same watch from the factory.. go through the list & pick the one you like.. shoot them a email (Send them photo of your preferred watch - try mention your from RWG with your name I think it helps.. then it’s just the process to follow) do plenty of reading & research of where your hard earned money will be going to.

Find that & read it helped me:

94-EA5-B7-F-D37-B-40-F1-A320-2-E8-DCF68-

All the best. 

Thanks, its a big help. I will dive into it. 

GenTLe
11 hours ago, MrConserve said:

One of the watches that don't have any good reps around. Quartz only for these... Probably the best one around is this: 

Still a good start :)

MrConserve
4 hours ago, GenTLe said:

One of the watches that don't have any good reps around. Quartz only for these... Probably the best one around is this: 

Still a good start :)

Thanks! Yes I have read that its not the best rep, but still I cant get it out of my mind :)

Ibanez
On 26/05/2020 at 14:20, MrConserve said:

Thanks! Yes I have read that its not the best rep, but still I cant get it out of my mind :)

I recently picked up the Mcqueen Heuer heritage reissue rep from Mary have a look at my pics. Is what it is TBH. Any questions I let me know. Its quartz, most are I think, I'm yet to find an auto!!! If you do, let me know :D

MrConserve
On 28/05/2020 at 01:02, Ibanez said:

I recently picked up the Mcqueen Heuer heritage reissue rep from Mary have a look at my pics. Is what it is TBH. Any questions I let me know. Its quartz, most are I think, I'm yet to find an auto!!! If you do, let me know :D

I will. Thanks alot

• Like 1