Mystery Shopper

How long do these reps last?

Jibuti

Nice thread, MS. 

My 1st rep is F A Jones from 2003, gotten from Replicahaus.com in 2002. Still working... 

Basically A6497 with decorated bridges. 

Robert was one of a kind... In very good way. Of course, if you were an idiot he never forgot to kick you in the face... 

• Like 1

ReplicaFromDownunder

Half of my collection would be pulling 10 years

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

NFleischer

Thanks, great post. Also been a long time member, going back to older version about 2007. I have a bunch of reps from back then, still running strong. Many at that time did have Gen ETA movements.

I had bought a few from the scam sites, like Best Swiss. Still have some of those.

TWB YM from Ideal

edited-image_zpsxacibu9v.jpg

SOSF from PC

8b905f23-18b4-43c7-97ae-1cfc6962266f_zps

PAM 089 from DSN

DSCN0122.jpg

SOSF from Robert atPWC

DSC00252-1.jpg

IWC from TT

One of first, 1995 bought in South America, still runs!

DSC00327.jpg

• Like 2

Mystery Shopper

Thanks @NFleischer

Noel, my SOSF came from Robert at PWC as well. It was the first one I bought and it would be 10 years old this month. The names of the Breitlings used to fascinate me back then- it was like they were designed by an alpha male marketing team. Meet my Super Ocean Steelfish Demon Slayer & Satisfyer of All Women Dive Watch :D

SAM-2309.jpg

• Like 2

Proctor

I bought this one from Toro back a while ago. It has been on my wrist nearly everyday for 6 years now. I have serviced it once a year, changed and lubed gaskets (I swim with it on) and replaced the stem once.  Couldn’t be happier

kvOsI.jpg

• Like 2

Popperini
5 hours ago, Mystery Shopper said:

The names of the Breitlings used to fascinate me back then- it was like they were designed by an alpha male marketing team.

THIS.

• Like 1

Mystery Shopper

This from @dave47 in the wrist check...

Happy Pamsday, Group!!

Today, in its honor, another gem pulled from the watch boxes: this PAM RADIOMIR BLACK SEAL automatic, the first Panerai I ever purchased more than ten years ago. After wearing it for a while, this gem still works very well, with the date flipping over at midnight as expected. Only problem I ever had: one of the extended strap bars fell off; some 'tough stuff' gop was used to fasten it in place. (please my limited vocab here for the sealer; I sometimes have memory problems and don't remember stuff, bad cases of non compus mentis that makes doing stuff frustrating. The BLACK SEAL was purchased from the now defunct website g-watch. com. dave:

FIRST.PAM.RADIO.MIR._G_WATCH.COM_002.JPG

BadApple

My first Rep dealings....... lasted until the end of the day if you were Looky Looky......

4Scxj.jpg

Adit
29 minutes ago, BadApple said:

My first Rep dealings....... lasted until the end of the day if you were Looky Looky......

4Scxj.jpg

That's looks familiar, Rob. He's still in Benidorm you know :D

• Like 1

thegolfman

Really helpful post...would definitely appreciate more "long term reviews".  Particularly when they exceed (or not) the initial, enthusiastic early days...regrets, expectations exceeded, etc...

Edited by thegolfman
typo fixed
  • Like 1