Dumbbell

Hello, new here and eager to learn.

Dumbbell

Hello, my name is Ben.

Years ago I was a member of RWG.  I was hoping I could find my old account information (username and password)  but was unsuccessful.  I finally gave up and decided to just created a new account.  

Back when I was an active member on RGW, my initial interest was in the vintage Rolex sports watches.  Near the end of my time on RWG I had started to get interested in the Base model Panerai (the ones without the second hand).  At the very end I decided to build a Frankenstein (unbranded Panerai style) watch and had started accumlating parts when I lost my job during the financial crises in 2008 and never really got started.

I am back now and want to get familiar with the current Clones.  I am most interested in the Panerai 372.  I intend to try and purchase the best Clone of this watch that I can find and play around with it while learning the differences between it and the Genuine PAM372.  My ultimate goal (within a year or so) is to purchase the genuine watch.  Since I will likely be purchasing a second hand genuine I want to learn as much as I can about the differences.

GenTLe

Not great times for Panerai these ones. Especially for those old models. They are down on trend in the real word and here a bit too.

Anyway, check out the new ones for VSF, the same factory that does great Omega.

These: https://trustytime.shop/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=PAM+VSF&x=0&y=0

Unfortunately also prices has drastically changed since 2008 too... But the quality is very high now.

Dumbbell

Thanks for the input.  I will take a look at them.

Thinwrist

I bought a used clone panari off a member here. I really like it more than I thought I would. I really like the simple lines. 

Dumbbell

Yeah, I really like the simple lines.  But being accustomed to wearing a Rolex submariner I was a little afraid the 44mm size was going to be too big for my 7 inch wrist.  I finally got comfortable with the 44mm size but now am afraid the PAM372 at 47mm is going to be too big.  That is part of the reason I want to purchase a rep before sinking the money into a genuine.

GenTLe
8 hours ago, Dumbbell said:

Yeah, I really like the simple lines.  But being accustomed to wearing a Rolex submariner I was a little afraid the 44mm size was going to be too big for my 7 inch wrist.  I finally got comfortable with the 44mm size but now am afraid the PAM372 at 47mm is going to be too big.  That is part of the reason I want to purchase a rep before sinking the money into a genuine.

It will be big on you. Damn they are big on me, and I have a 7.7in wrist :)

Dumbbell
7 hours ago, GenTLe said:

It will be big on you. Damn they are big on me, and I have a 7.7in wrist :)

LOL, I guess I just have to decide if I can live with it!