Shim12

ARF v3 Datjust 41mm

Shim12

Hello guys,

I bought new DJ 41mm from ARF and I would like to change the DW to genuine one.

My Qs is first, how do I pick the right DW for the 2824 Movement?

Also where can I get the genuine DW and can I take it to watchsmith to replace it or I can do it by my own?

Thanks.

GenTLe

You can't. Rolex DW doesn't fit on what basically is an ETA 2824. You should have taken the one with the Rolex clone movement.

Shim12
5 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

You can't. Rolex DW doesn't fit on what basically is an ETA 2824. You should have taken the one with the Rolex clone movement.

I wanted to pick the 3235 modded but the most people recommended 2824 for "reliability".

Sucks, I should have trust myself...

GenTLe
16 minutes ago, Shim12 said:

I wanted to pick the 3235 modded but the most people recommended 2824 for "reliability".

Sucks, I should have trust myself...

That was correct, 2824 is much more reliable. Anyway, what's wrong with the DWO (it already has a Rolex overlay on top of the date wheel) it has now? If the numbers aren't centered that's not a big deal to detach the DWO and reglue it in the centered position (if the dial is perfectly centered, otherwise you need to center the dial first).

Shim12
6 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

That was correct, 2824 is much more reliable. Anyway, what's wrong with the DWO (it already has a Rolex overlay on top of the date wheel) it has now? If the numbers aren't centered that's not a big deal to detach the DWO and reglue it in the centered position (if the dial is perfectly centered, otherwise you need to center the dial first).

To be honest the watch has not arrived yet (paid yesterday by BTC), just already made the purchase so hopefully the QC will please me.

Ziggymarly

I think you can do a datewheel overlay.

Otherwise you could look for a noob datewheel that might be better than the ARF and would fit same movement

Shim12
4 minutes ago, Ziggymarly said:

I think you can do a datewheel overlay.

Otherwise you could look for a noob datewheel that might be better than the ARF and would fit same movement

Btw, Where can I post my QC photos when they arrive so I can let more experienced eyes watch and look for flews and recommend at all?

GenTLe
9 minutes ago, Shim12 said:

Btw, Where can I post my QC photos when they arrive so I can let more experienced eyes watch and look for flews and recommend at all?

You can't.

Man, go back and read the links here.

• Like 1

gilrob

I suggest that you go to the RWI forum (when its up again) and get information on the gen date wheel that you require. There is a member/modder there that may still have some gen date wheels left. He, his name escapes me at the moment,  has installed gen date wheels, gen dials, gen hands and gen crystals for other members with incredible results. Pictures of his work are can be seen at RWI in the Rolex sub-forum.  Just be prepared to pay a significant amount for the work.

A cost effective alternative is to source the date wheel that the RZF DateJust 41mm uses. It looks  better than the ARF date wheel and its a direct swap with the ARF date wheel, since both the ARF and RZF uses the A2824 movement.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1