Simonix

Pam - Spot the difference.

Simonix

All for a bit of fun.

I have these two Pams. 

They are nearly identical, but there are some differences. Can you tell me what they are?

dP8hY.jpg dPnRs.jpg dPrnD.jpg dP9Q3.jpg dPtsk.jpg dPQZo.jpg dPlqJ.jpg

simey83

Dial colour? Hands? Crown guard?

• Like 1

the_frenchman

The difference is the 2 

one looks a 111 an the thicker 2 a 510

• Like 1

Mike R

The numbers on the dial for sure. 

31 minutes ago, Simonix said:

are nearly identical

• Like 1

Mike R

The numbers on the dial for sure. 

31 minutes ago, Simonix said:

are nearly identical

• Like 1

Dylan88888

I thought the 1st picture one in the right was a gen 

• Like 1

Simonix

The left one is a Noob V4 111.

The right one is a H Factory 247 (Feretti special edition 111 basically).

Some differences I have found so far:

1. The 247 dial is black (The same black as my Noob 005 funnily enough), the 111 is meant to be black, but is ever so slightly grey in appearance, when compared side by side.

2. The 247 has a "taller" 12 numeral.

3. The 247 lume is greener, whereas the 111 is more "cream" colour.

4. The 247 writing on the dial is in white, which matches the white second hand. The 111 writing is cream. (This is the most noticeable differences "in the flesh" IMO)

5. The casebacks of course are completely different. 111 being display, the 247 having a closed "ferretti" engraved back. ( I didn't show photo of this, as thought it would be too obvious).

6. The 247 is fitted with a gen rubber strap, the 11 fitted with a rep rubber strap. ( The thickness of the strap at the lugs is the main giveaway. rep is "skinnier").

44 minutes ago, Dylan88888 said:

I think the Noob 111 (the one on the right), looks more gen in real life. I might put the gen rubber on that one, because apart from a few tells on the movement, these are basically Super Reps!

• Like 2

Simonix
45 minutes ago, Dylan88888 said:

I think the Noob 111 (the one on the left), looks more gen in real life. I might put the gen rubber on that one, because apart from a few tells on the movement, these are basically Super Reps!

Dylan88888
3 minutes ago, Simonix said:

I think the Noob 111 (the one on the right), looks more gen in real life. I might put the gen rubber on that one, because apart from a few tells on the movement, these are basically Super Reps!

Both look good though. Nice watches

• Like 1

deju
21 minutes ago, Simonix said:

The left one is a H Factory 247 (Feretti special edition 111 basically).

The right one is a Noob V4 111.

Some differences I have found so far:

1. The 247 dial is black (The same black as my Noob 005 funnily enough), the 111 is meant to be black, but is ever so slightly grey in appearance, when compared side by side.

2. The 247 has a "taller" 12 numeral.

3. The 247 lume is greener, whereas the 111 is more "cream" colour.

4. The 247 writing on the dial is in white, which matches the white second hand. The 111 writing is cream. (This is the most noticeable differences "in the flesh" IMO)

5. The casebacks of course are completely different. 111 being display, the 247 having a closed "ferretti" engraved back. ( I didn't show photo of this, as thought it would be too obvious).

6. The 247 is fitted with a gen rubber strap, the 11 fitted with a rep rubber strap. ( The thickness of the strap at the lugs is the main giveaway. rep is "skinnier").

Case Shape 
CG arm shape 
Crystal bevel 
CG PIN shape / finish
Crown finish / shape
Font colour is different to lume, but that is a year / model difference not a factory difference.

• Like 1

Simonix

Woops, I got it wrong!

Correction, the one on the left is the Noob V4 111, the one on the right is the Hfac 247!

mysterio
20 hours ago, Simonix said:

I think the Noob 111 (the one on the left), looks more gen in real life. I might put the gen rubber on that one, because apart from a few tells on the movement, these are basically Super Reps!

Only the PAM111 is considered a super rep. The PAM247 is just a tad lower at first class because of the rather shallow engraving on the caseback. But on the front they are more or less the same (barring the differences due to the series).

• Like 1

Member X

I loved my 247 Feretti but it stopped working!

I need to get it serviced...

re: the dials, am I correct in saying the 247 has very 'flat' text (for the LMP printing), whereas the 111 has somewhat raised text?  I always wondered if the 'flat' text was a 'tell' or not.

• Like 1

Simonix
9 minutes ago, Member X said:

I loved my 247 Feretti but it stopped working!

I need to get it serviced...

re: the dials, am I correct in saying the 247 has very 'flat' text (for the LMP printing), whereas the 111 has somewhat raised text?  I always wondered if the 'flat' text was a 'tell' or not.

My 247 has white text, and it appears to be flat. This is very very similar to my 005.

My 111 has cream text, and looks every so slightly raised, but hardly any difference from what i can see with the naked eye. It might be because the white hides any “raised” look?

Like other people have said, I think a lot depends on the “series” and”year/model differences”.

• Like 1

deju

Yeah I wouldn’t worry about colour of text being a tell, my 177K has white text, other series have cream. 

Possible that manufacture/application Techniques change over years too. 

• Like 2

GingerApple

I've got to wonder about the point of having both of these models in your collection....

• Like 1

Member X

Thanks, chaps - I've been around long enough to know I shouldn't sweat the minor details ;) but I always wonder! lol

• Like 1

GC

One is 44mm, the other is 40mm. 

deju
12 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I've got to wonder about the point of having both of these models in your collection....

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29c9ee62edabc2f844bd

:lmao:

• Like 2

Simonix
36 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Haha. I know!

i bought the 111. I love it. 

then a friend offered me the 247 VERY cheap (not on the forums). So  I had that off him. 

I could never decide which strap to put on the 111, Now I can have two straps on two watches!

Plus, as you know, I’m a “Pam mop”’!

and a fool!

finally, because the 247 was cheap, it’ll probably become my daily beater. Keep the 111 in mint condition that way. 

24 minutes ago, GC said:

One is 44mm, the other is 40mm. 

No. Both 44mm

my photos aren’t taken perfectly straight on, so one appears larger than the other. 

Member X
13 hours ago, Simonix said:

finally, because the 247 was cheap, it’ll probably become my daily beater. Keep the 111 in mint condition that way. 

I could adopt it and give it a good home ;)

• Like 1

Simonix
13 minutes ago, Member X said:

I could adopt it and give it a good home ;)

I could trade it for the BR02 you have...? ;)

Member X
2 hours ago, Simonix said:

I could trade it for the BR02 you have...? ;)

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

:mousepanic:

:D

I like that watch too much - when I stop faffing about and get my subscription sorted, I can hopefully sort the spare keeper for it! :D  lol

I don't understand why B&R discontinued the steel Pro Dial model of the 02 - it was by far the best looking version!

• Like 1

mysterio
On 01/06/2020 at 05:01, TheGingerFerret said:

I had that mindset when I sold my 005 when I got the PAM318 (same situation, virtually the same watch except for the caseback with the Brooklyn Bridge engraving on the PAM318). Regretted that decision.

BadApple
On 30/05/2020 at 16:11, Simonix said:

All for a bit of fun.

I have these two Pams. 

They are nearly identical, but there are some differences. Can you tell me what they are?

The one on the left you gave other members 2.6 minutes time to buy on M2M and the one on the right 3.4 minutes

koxwK.jpg

• Like 3