FunnyStarSystem

What gen would you get for $2k US?

Redfire1066

I recommend a look at a used or discounted Tudor Heritage Pelagos 25610TNL, . . .   for my money it is a Submariner beater  . ...  . . or a Tudor Ranger  .. .  both of these are more than fantastic watches for the money.

• Like 2

GenTLe

For 2k probably a Sinn, an Oris or a Longines. Or, saving quite good money, a special Squale

Examples (below 2k actually):

U1_S.jpg 25266_0174377344185-Set_horizontale.png 01733770743550752045_5ddeab795acbd.jpg

Longines_Legend_Diver_angle_FI.jpg14527278-lp9il35nbhm4ltll2qe24az0-ExtraL

• Like 1

GingerApple

If minimalism is your thing, these are quite cool.

dVbIk.png

• Like 1

EBB

as the guy mentioned above 79220r or b. I have 79220b, and I love it, especially on the tudor fabric which I believe is by far the best in the game. The classic tudor rose and smile design is stunning, also the fact that it will go up in value over time is just another bonus.

• Like 1

FREEWIFI

79220 goes for around 2500€ a used one which exceeds the 2000USD. The cheaper one I saw listed was a blue for 2200€ as far as i remember

But for that price you can get a BB36 new with the fabric guarantee or a BB41 almost new.

In that range I will go for a speedy reduced or the day-dates variations when you can choose a wider range of models/variations and save some for the next piece. On omega maybe a SM quartz which is a lovely watch but it’s quartz.

Maybe oris, but I will go for saving a bit more and buy a good condition BB ETA

My 2c

• Like 1

Spoons

Love the Hamilton intra-matic chronos, which are available for right around $2k (example 1; example 2)

15245191-ti5w227vizou6uu6j7yn24xr-Zoom.j

• Like 1

Spoons
20 hours ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

Another I'd go for is a Fortis B 42 Official Cosmonaut:

6E2378ED0963223F79DF66B112532224.jpg

Always loved the Fortis chronos, but unfortunately they are just too big for my small wrist. :(

Realism

79220 goes for around 2500€ a used one which exceeds the 2000USD. The cheaper one I saw listed was a blue for 2200€ as far as i remember

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f30/fsot-tudor-heritage-black-bay-79220r-eta-watch-great-shape-2-straps-tag-book-etc-%241-975-a-5174709.html#/topics/5174709

Under $2k, no bracelet. There are deals to be had, but you would need to put in the work in "stalking" for these
  • Like 1

Psssniper

Picked up a Tudor Heritage Chrono for $2425 off the bay, box papers etc.  Beautiful condition with the exception of two buggered link screws. I found a guy selling links which I need anyway because of wrist size. I wear this one more than all the others I have.

O9VBn.md.jpg
O90Tt.md.jpg
O9SoF.md.jpg

• Like 3

FREEWIFI

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f30/fsot-tudor-heritage-black-bay-79220r-eta-watch-great-shape-2-straps-tag-book-etc-%241-975-a-5174709.html#/topics/5174709

Under $2k, no bracelet. There are deals to be had, but you would need to put in the work in "stalking" for these

No papers (card) no box, no bracelet.

According to the tag that watch was served with bracelet 95740 code- so they parted out box& papers and bracelet and then throw a 20$ NATO.

I will put some extra for going for the whole thing, if you want to add a bracelet lately is going to be 800-900$ so it will be next to the 3000 without box&papers.

Realism

No papers (card) no box, no bracelet.

According to the tag that watch was served with bracelet 95740 code- so they parted out box& papers and bracelet and then throw a 20$ NATO.

I will put some extra for going for the whole thing, if you want to add a bracelet lately is going to be 800-900$ so it will be next to the 3000 without box&papers.
You did not state that it was a req, but i did show you that under $2k is possible isnt it?

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-tudor-black-bay-79220r-original-eta-model-5175865.html#/topics/5175865

No bracelet, complete set, under $2.2k.

I am not here to be a personal shopper, but i think my statement provided enough details on how or where to look for deals
  • Like 2

FREEWIFI
You did not state that it was a req, but i did show you that under $2k is possible isnt it?

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-tudor-black-bay-79220r-original-eta-model-5175865.html#/topics/5175865

No bracelet, complete set, under $2.2k.

I am not here to be a personal shopper, but i think my statement provided enough details on how or where to look for deals

https://www.ebay.es/itm/264668788933

Sell box papers + 300$
Sell bracelet + 900$
Sell fabric + 250$

Total 1550$

You can go cheaper if you go the opposite way.

Or 2100 keeping gen fabric box& papers- better deal IMO.

Rx4Time
11 hours ago, Kyz said:

Speedy Date, easier to service than a Reduced?b9f3f37f8170e3215ccf0c40ba82012e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have one.  It's a nice automatic alternative to the reduced and as said it's a standard 7750 so it is a solid workhorse movement.  

ZMgmY.jpg

Otherwise I think the new Ball day date GMT is very attractive and close to the price point you mentioned. 

kZu33.jpg
kZvYs.jpg

• Like 1

FunnyStarSystem

Wow, you guys really dug deep and there are some interesting watches posited here, a couple brands I really haven't ever considered gave me pause. This would be a great starting point for anyone looking around the $2K USD price point, even though a lot of it will cost considerably more once tax and shipping are factored in. I gotta say I'm getting really tired of these sales sites where you have to enter all your info before it will even think of tallying up the final price, adding tax and shipping or deducting VAT - Feh! get it together merchants!

For my own choice however, it's like @Khronos was reading my mind because I have narrowed it down to two choices, a Sinn 103 plexi (there's a limited edition bead blasted on steel bracelet) here, or a Sinn 358 Sa here- unfortunately they don't sell this with acrylic anymore, and the sapphire without bracelet and before taxes is $2700 - but I figure I might exceed the mark for something really special, and the 358 is a 42mm 356, which is quite special for the large of wrist. The runner up which I finally eliminated was a Breitling B1 found here , cousin of the Aerospace with a bezel much more to my liking. As nice as the Aerospace Evo is, the prices have gone sky high and they are older now and I'm sure difficult and expensive to repair. Someday perhaps. Most other Breitlings are a tad too flashy for me, and I haven't yet forgiven them for John Travolta - but that's a different rant. So regardless of which I choose, this will be my fourth vj 7750 - and I don't think you can ever have enough sweet, pulpy vj.

The difficulty in my decision really is due to my ridiculously thick wrists, anything under 40mm looks silly and even 41mm (the Sinn 103) is a gamble. This eliminates most of those lovely old Speedy day/dates measuring in at 38, 39 and 40 - plus the fact that most of them are coming from Japan for some odd reason, and with hazy photos, dubious service records and difficulty asking questions it makes me wonder if they might just show up in a container as a pile of gears soaking in tonkotsu. I'm willing to buy used but I'd really like to physically see it first, and when the Diamond District opens back up here I can go haggle with my fellow Heebs over all that.

Tudor was an interesting thought, I did not realize any could be had near that price point so it was a bit of a pleasant surprise. I'd really like a blue Pelagos but those are $3 to $4k used and well repped, so I'll try that out first. Otherwise at that price point it seemed most on offer were Tudors just for the sake of getting a Tudor, and frankly the name makes me think a bit too much of Henry VIII drooling on himself whilst nodding off eating a turkey leg and getting a reacharound from his 16 year old fifth wife. I do absolutely love @Psssniper's gem though, what a find! Seiko, I've never owned one but I will someday, at a starter price.

Ball is a super cool brand with an endless assortment of choices, too many perhaps. But I have been disappointed before with tritium tubes and I'm looking for a long term watch, not something I'll stick in the back of the box 10 years from now when the glow fades. Ball will always be considered when I get purchase fever, but I'm not sure I'll ever pull the trigger on one. That Hamilton Intra-matic chrono is a watch I was obsessed with for a long time, I even tried it on at an AD - almost exactly like a Speedy though it just seemed too small and precious on my wrist - of course while writing this I just found a 42mm example here. Then there's a whole cool world of Oris and Mido and Longines and Doxa, etc but I have to make a choice, and since my recent Sinn 900 buy I'm a bit obsessed with them. I really enjoyed reading and seeing everyone's thoughts and choices, I own several well priced micro-brands so this was really about finding a single piece around $2k. 

TLDR; I'm likely getting one of these:

blogger-image--47349354.jpg

tizfaov3l5n21.jpg

• Like 2