RussP

Genuine Watch Wrist Check for June 2020

brang1

u0Ut2.jpg

• Like 7

paccbet
3 hours ago, Piccolo said:

:D Thanks..! Took a long time and a large amount of customs pain...  bought it from the US over 2 months ago, and only just delivered today. Worth the wait though, best one of theirs that I’ve had. 

Someone in my local group managed to get the Copper one, can't wait to see it in the metal once lockdown gets fully lifted here. How does it feel on the wrist? 

FunnyStarSystem
12 hours ago, Intresting said:

Arrival today

uEDj5.jpg

uEjdt.jpg

Almost pulled the trigger on one of these recently, ended up buying a Squale instead - hasn't arrived yet.  I want a full report on the bezel! That's the only thing that kept me from buying. I have several Steinys but none with a ceramic bezel, and the engravings on this, I just don't know. :Confused:

Otherwise I imagine it's just fabulous in every way, love the color, love the hands and the central blackout, love the 6 o'clock date :D

RussP
1 hour ago, brang1 said:

u0Ut2.jpg

Very lovely, Brent.

A Covid-19 acquisition?

RussP
1 hour ago, brang1 said:

We live on the edge man, not like you northern pussies

Oooh.............dem fighting words from a Mexican :blink:

If the borders weren't shut.................you'd be up here enjoying our sunshine too .

@Intresting

@Thommo82

brang1
15 minutes ago, RussP said:

Very lovely, Brent.

A Covid-19 acquisition?

No, had this one for a while old mate

14 minutes ago, RussP said:

If the borders weren't shut.................you'd be up here enjoying our sunshine too .

@Intresting

@Thommo82

Don’t mess with us Mexicans mate, unless you want to end up headless hanging from a bridge 

Intresting
1 hour ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

Almost pulled the trigger on one of these recently, ended up buying a Squale instead - hasn't arrived yet.  I want a full report on the bezel! That's the only thing that kept me from buying. I have several Steinys but none with a ceramic bezel, and the engravings on this, I just don't know. :Confused:

Otherwise I imagine it's just fabulous in every way, love the color, love the hands and the central blackout, love the 6 o'clock date :D

Love the Squale!  esp the Pepsi! thats my next target acquisition, if possible the vintage one.   The difference is the Squale bezel is not lumed.  The Steiny is.   The bezel feels great.  Tight, lovely 120 clicks and glows like a torch.  Titanium case caresses the wrist without any weight.   Got to love this version of the Batman.   I will get closer shots for you this weekend when I have the time of the bezel.

47 minutes ago, brang1 said:

No, had this one for a while old mate

Don’t mess with us Mexicans mate, unless you want to end up headless hanging from a bridge 

You just take care of the virus mate, and keep safe.   You can come hang with us in the lovely winter sunshine when the borders are open.   Meanwhile, the sea surf is surprisingly warm this time of the year!

• Like 2

Thommo82
3 hours ago, brang1 said:

We live on the edge man, not like you northern pussies

Ha! Moo

2 hours ago, RussP said:

@Intresting

@Thommo82

Brent it’s all good mate, I’ll get you a border pass 

• Like 1

FunnyStarSystem
1 hour ago, Intresting said:

Love the Squale!  esp the Pepsi! thats my next target acquisition, if possible the vintage one.   The difference is the Squale bezel is not lumed.  The Steiny is.   The bezel feels great.  Tight, lovely 120 clicks and glows like a torch.  Titanium case caresses the wrist without any weight.   Got to love this version of the Batman.   I will get closer shots for you this weekend when I have the time of the bezel.

Look forward to hearing/seeing more, I'm just not sure about those bezel numbers. Of course the Squale I ordered you either love or hate, something about it drew me. Something tells me I'll end up with the Steiny Titanium Batman too, eventually!

b9c5954c2aab7618e65f30639cd43dea.jpg

• Like 6

Jik

232477068d35a085f71d8b085bbc08bf.plist
161fd885f065f0658806a480ba5e8dd4.jpg
dd7001200ae322a6b412c11f52d33fb5.plist

New Sumo SBP103J on a lovely Strapcode Miltat bracelet.
Amazing how the dial almost looks black in some light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Intresting
3 hours ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

Look forward to hearing/seeing more, I'm just not sure about those bezel numbers. Of course the Squale I ordered you either love or hate, something about it drew me. Something tells me I'll end up with the Steiny Titanium Batman too, eventually!

Thats  lovely.   The Squales are so well put together too.  Real tool watches.  But they are different from the Stieny.   So no issue in getting different.  :)

• Like 1

Intresting
36 minutes ago, Jik said:

232477068d35a085f71d8b085bbc08bf.plist
161fd885f065f0658806a480ba5e8dd4.jpg
dd7001200ae322a6b412c11f52d33fb5.plist

New Sumo SBP103J on a lovely Strapcode Miltat bracelet.
Amazing how the dial almost looks black in some light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mmmmmmm.   I have a Crafter Blue green rubber on order, they are out of stock.  But it looks great on this strapcode....  sigh...  more money pain....

Piccolo
9 hours ago, paccbet said:

Someone in my local group managed to get the Copper one, can't wait to see it in the metal once lockdown gets fully lifted here. How does it feel on the wrist? 

I had the Copper, it underwhelmed me in real life.  Looked amazing on pictures but felt a little brown coloured in real life.  Finish and design are awesome though.

uJZEP.jpg

The Titanium of the GMT is brilliant and it just disappears on the wrist.  Swapped the black strap from the slate 17.06 onto it and I love it.

uJzHW.jpg

uJ3yS.jpg

• Like 5

Piccolo
5 hours ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

These are brilliant - you'll love it.  Tropic bezel works so well.

• Like 1

Intresting

This arrived today :).  Orient M-Force with 3 ISO ratings.   ISO 6435 Diving.  ISO 764 Anti Magnetic.  ISO 1413 Anti Magnetic.   Power reserve too. 

uJ5ev.jpg

• Like 7

WatchDog21

uJUt1.jpg

• Like 5

RussP

@Intresting

Quite an acquisition spree you've been on, I see.

Congratulations on the latest watches.

Intresting
21 minutes ago, RussP said:

@Intresting

Quite an acquisition spree you've been on, I see.

Congratulations on the latest watches.

thanks.  Blame the postman.  They were over a period of time.   The deliveries all got bunched up... :)

• Like 1

Del

vjFQi.jpg

• Like 5

RussP

Another seldom-worn queen:

50045250076_22cfcf9a3b_b.jpg

• Like 5

Intresting

vzpv5.jpg

• Like 5

SliceMaster

1939-1.jpg

• Like 4

GulfGT40

Picked this one up for 'gate money from a secondhand dealer in a regional area a couple of hours from home.

We'd been going too and frow on it for a few weeks and today she finally conceded none of the local dairy farmers were likely to buy it:mine:

It ticks a few boxes for me, first watch with roman numerals, working moonphase and day/ date/ month complications. Very pleased with it.

50049405892_3274036eaa_c.jpg

50049153221_775054cc38_c.jpg

• Like 5

Intresting
14 minutes ago, GulfGT40 said:

Picked this one up for 'gate money from a secondhand dealer in a regional area a couple of hours from home.

We'd been going too and frow on it for a few weeks and today she finally conceded none of the local dairy farmers were likely to buy it:mine:

It ticks a few boxes for me, first watch with roman numerals, working moonphase and day/ date/ month complications. Very pleased with it.

50049405892_3274036eaa_c.jpg

50049153221_775054cc38_c.jpg

Choice bro.  Good pick up!

• Like 1

RussP

50049712012_730b07bdbb_b.jpg

• Like 3