Sign in to follow this  
sconehead

WM9 LV first pics...

sconehead

I've got a Z serial on BK's first run, the wait is nearly over...more pics here... http://www.watchmaker9.tv/products/ROLEX-S...09-M-SERIAL.htm

genuinerolexsubmariner1.jpg

What do you think? Looks promising to me... :lol:

iabounty

Looks like a keeper to me sconey..... :lol:

greg_r

Lookin' good, Scone :lol:

oscarmadfish

i like the green bezel

trailboss99

Very nice, far too good for a monkey. Send it to me imediatly!

Col.

sconehead

It's not for a monkey, it's for a naked ape...

edit: shit, I'm spamming my own threads now, note to self, must concentrate... :lol:

JohnG

Looks beautiful mate!

Ahhhh, the search for the perfect Sub - brings back memories doesn't it?

sconehead

I currently own an ETA 'LV' noobmariner, a modded TWB 'LV' fitted with gen black insert and a gen 168000 transitional sub. Depending how good the WM9 is when it arrives, the noobmariner and modded TWB will be going...

@P Diddy, from the pics the WM9 looks real close to gen, just needs a gen crown fitted and maybe a gen pearl if I'm really fussy.

The biggest drawback in using ETA movements to mimic the cal.3135 is that both the date and time setting functions are opposite to each other, ie. to advance the hands on an ETA you turn the crown counter-clockwise whereas it's clockwise on the gen.

On my gen 168000 this isn't the case as the cal.3035 movement time setting functions in the same direction as the ETA but not the date.

Also, I was lucky enough to get the WM9 on BK's first run when it was considerably cheaper than todays prices which I feel are overpriced, I wouldn't spend that much on a rep.

The best sub is a gen, simple as that, if you can stretch to one there are bargains to be had at the moment...why get reps of a gen model I own? Simple, the part of this hobby I enjoy most is modding.

The Submariner was always my 'grail' watch and now I'm lucky enough to own one that has a bit of character, I only wear it on special occasions, I'd hate to beat it up during everyday wear, I have my reps for that... :rofl:

RolexAddict
I currently own an ETA 'LV' noobmariner, a modded TWB 'LV' fitted with gen black insert and a gen 168000 transitional sub. Depending how good the WM9 is when it arrives, the noobmariner and modded TWB will be going...

@P Diddy, from the pics the WM9 looks real close to gen, just needs a gen crown fitted and maybe a gen pearl if I'm really fussy.

The biggest drawback in using ETA movements to mimic the cal.3135 is that both the date and time setting functions are opposite to each other, ie. to advance the hands on an ETA you turn the crown counter-clockwise whereas it's clockwise on the gen.

On my gen 168000 this isn't the case as the cal.3035 movement time setting functions in the same direction as the ETA but not the date.

Also, I was lucky enough to get the WM9 on BK's first run when it was considerably cheaper than todays prices which I feel are overpriced, I wouldn't spend that much on a rep.

The best sub is a gen, simple as that, if you can stretch to one there are bargains to be had at the moment...why get reps of a gen model I own? Simple, the part of this hobby I enjoy most is modding.

The Submariner was always my 'grail' watch and now I'm lucky enough to own one that has a bit of character, I only wear it on special occasions, I'd hate to beat it up during everyday wear, I have my reps for that... :)

good philosophy,

I was always a critic and uttered reserves about buying gens but now I thing the best way to appreciate the difference is to own both reps and at least a gen

very nice LV

Member X

It appears that he's also doing the full pre-payment for $395 option for this that he's doing on the Sub.

I think that's pretty reasonable for a watch of this quality! Hence I coughed up for the sub... There are niggling doubts due to complete lack of updates lol, but BKs reputation and the board's general support and confidence have helped.

Fingers crossed anyway - I don't want to be just one victim in a $m stolen deposits scandal lol

KBH

It sure looks like they finally got the crown guards right. And the pearl doesn't look too bad either.

I think I'd pay $395 but he's not getting any more of my money until he starts shipping.

sconehead

I pm'd him the other day, asking him if I'd be on the first run (just a roundabout way of saying when's it likely to be ready.)

Never got a date but he did say this, ''Those prepaying now in full have to wait 3 months more than you.''

sconehead

That's George though, most people ordered then through BK because he QC's his watches...

Member X

Ah, good point!

I can't wait for my sub but I daren't get excited because generally in life, if I look forward to something it ends up not happening or going wrong...

AustinTech

Man, I love that green color. Looks like an awesome rep.

I wish they made Rolex in man size. :P

greg_r
I wish they made Rolex in man size. :P

They do. It's called a Deep Sea... :D

Member X

New DayDate is 41mm isn't it?

Or there's the oversize 41mm DateJust that Luthier got the other day :P

I'm not sure they should get that much bigger though - the point of Rolex has always seemed to me to be understated quality, even if the idiots who buy them to flash around don't understand this point lol

AllergyDoc
I wish they made Rolex in man size. :)

You've been reading too many dave123 posts. :thumbsup:

P_Diddy

Are those WM9 SELs? They look very tight?

what's the difference btwn this and the black sub already out, just the green bezel?

Edited by P_Diddy

sconehead

It has the maxi-dial and hands.The hands and markers are wider...

P_Diddy

Why is it taking WM9 that long, if the only diference is the bezel and hands?

The WM9 sub is already out there........

do you think WM9 sorted out the tight SELs with tis LV version? Having seen the other photos on WM9 website not so sure........

It has the maxi-dial and hands.The hands and markers are wider...

sconehead

BK's finally assembled a few, hasn't contacted me yet but I was on the first run, fingers crossed for Crimbo...:notworthy:

LV.jpg

That's the actual rep...it looks really close to gen to me...0.98:1 perhaps?

Silverspeed

That looks very good...especially with the maxi hands/dial

has to be the best sub