RussP

New Week Wrist Check for 08 June 2020

FunnyStarSystem
7 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I like most things about Steinharts, but something about the date window and the ENORMOUS cyclops window makes me want to burn the fucker in the depths of hell.

Pistols at dawn sir!

Firstly let us get straight that Ginault is 40mm and costs approximately two to three times the 42mm Steinhart. Secondly, Steinhart makes a 39mm which may be more to your liking as a man unable to handle a well endowed cyclops (actually, I think it uses the same cyclops, but I like that sentence so it stays). Thirdly the appeal of a Steiny cannot be known until held in the hand, the silky caseback caressed against an inner thigh whilst petting a white cat - only then will you understand the perfection. Fourthly, as @Redfire1066 so helpfully pointed out, Steinhart is willing to forego the offending cyclops altogether should you wish. Ginault, as lovely as it is, is a one trick pony, an homage's homage, likely made in China from rep parts (big controversy), while Steinhart is a well rounded horlogerie with many unique designs. So to the depths of hell go thee! Fifthly, check out Squale, I'm pouncing on this when it's back in stock: https://www.gnomonwatches.com/products/30-atmos-tropic-gmt-ceramica-sel-bracelet?_pos=50&_sid=b2695943f&_ss=r

3 hours ago, Member X said:

Just don't get caught speeding before you get residency - I was chatting to a bloke last year who said he got done and was told they didn't want people 'like him' to be a resident... lol

I have noticed you can drive swiftly in Switzerland, but not aggressively. The Swiss are a very collectively chill people, but they also really like their supercars, the place is littered with them. There is really only one rule in Switzerland, don't be a jerk. Follow it and everything is fine.

Now back to my very serious and crippling addiction...

MHLdS.jpg

MHAOW.jpg

MH2jP.jpg

• Like 13

Intresting
2 hours ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

Pistols at dawn sir!

Firstly let us get straight that Ginault is 40mm and costs approximately two to three times the 42mm Steinhart. Secondly, Steinhart makes a 39mm which may be more to your liking as a man unable to handle a well endowed cyclops (actually, I think it uses the same cyclops, but I like that sentence so it stays). Thirdly the appeal of a Steiny cannot be known until held in the hand, the silky caseback caressed against an inner thigh whilst petting a white cat - only then will you understand the perfection. Fourthly, as @Redfire1066 so helpfully pointed out, Steinhart is willing to forego the offending cyclops altogether should you wish. Ginault, as lovely as it is, is a one trick pony, an homage's homage, likely made in China from rep parts (big controversy), while Steinhart is a well rounded horlogerie with many unique designs. So to the depths of hell go thee! Fifthly, check out Squale, I'm pouncing on this when it's back in stock: https://www.gnomonwatches.com/products/30-atmos-tropic-gmt-ceramica-sel-bracelet?_pos=50&_sid=b2695943f&_ss=r

I have noticed you can drive swiftly in Switzerland, but not aggressively. The Swiss are a very collectively chill people, but they also really like their supercars, the place is littered with them. There is really only one rule in Switzerland, don't be a jerk. Follow it and everything is fine.

MHLdS.jpg

MHAOW.jpg

MH2jP.jpg

love the syringe hands.   Very clinical.  Like the Swiss.   You have extra points for residency already. :)

• Like 4

Mystery Shopper

Cold & wet winter's day here.

SAM-2328.jpg

• Like 12

Pesman

Sunny morning walk..with the best value 7753 chrono out there...49c8749aa0c4db322153c42de7d3ba2d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Like 13

GulfGT40

50000210828_661f4b44d1_c.jpg

• Like 10

Pesman
50000210828_661f4b44d1_c.jpg
Just wish they did that as an auto...

• Like 2

GulfGT40
2 minutes ago, Pesman said:

I concur, but as an entry level gen I couldn't complain for around $1000aud

Popperini
17 minutes ago, Pesman said:

It's a quartz? Even better... WANT! :D 

14 minutes ago, GulfGT40 said:

I concur, but as an entry level gen I couldn't complain for around $1000aud

Wait what? Jeebus... Okay, where do I get the $100 version?

• Like 1

BravoDelta
5 hours ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

MH2jP.jpg

That's a real beauty! The picture in the sales listing did not do it justice. Excellent choice :thumbsup:

Oh, and thank you for defending the honor of the Steiney :happy:

• Like 4

Popperini
5 hours ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

(actually, I think it uses the same cyclops, but I like that sentence so it stays).

I really like your style, FSS. And the fact that FSS is nearly FFS (I should have mentioned that in the post about the Mondaine).

• Like 1

BravoDelta

MKxb3.jpg

• Like 10

Popperini

07790cc449c2c974038fb8af79d094aa.plist

dd8289fbf83b66f80b9ff354b5d63be6.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 14

Redfire1066
6 hours ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

Pistols at dawn sir!

I can only conclude that I need  to buy more Ginaults for my collection . .   .     . . .. . .   . .   :thumbsup:

MhhTS.jpg

• Like 5

GulfGT40
32 minutes ago, Popperini said:

It's a quartz? Even better... WANT! :D 

Wait what? Jeebus... Okay, where do I get the $100 version?

Lol Three zero's not two, the aussie dollars not that bad:D I found it at a Black Friday sale. Not sure about this one but most of the Tag F1 reps are pretty spot on, I'd get it from the gate if I had the time again. Although I saw one on m2m a while back that sold at near on the price of gen, wtf

Edited by GulfGT40

Popperini
2 minutes ago, GulfGT40 said:

Lol Three zero's not two, the aussie dollars not that bad:D I found it at a Black Friday sale. Not sure about this one but most of the Tag F1 reps are pretty spot on, I'd get it in the rep if I had the time again.

No no, you misunderstood me. What I meant was, "$1000?! Bollocks to that (even if they're Aussie ones) - where do I get the $100 version?" 

Intresting

MhIXI.jpg

• Like 10

FudgyDocker

MhObc.jpg

• Like 8

rikracy

IMG-20200613-100614.jpg

• Like 11

BadApple

MhNWQ.jpg

• Like 11

hasel5

831c02f446193e93bc3ea1752025a11f.jpg
@gingerferret for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Leet1983

M22jF.jpg

• Like 8

simey83

7c57826cfdb5e5b34725fc1da54bbb9e.plist

• Like 8

FelixS

M2Q7K.jpg

• Like 8

Intresting

Dessert....

M2pzv.jpg

• Like 7

Pesman

Just arrived...the reason for my current selling threads...will still need to flog a few more but this is so good that I see little point in owning most of the others....simply stunning to wear...

45b34e75750cabafa4f0424c45b969b1.jpg

• Like 7