Sign in to follow this  
Baldrick

Getting fed up with the same ole same ole.....

Baldrick

I don't know about other members, but I'm fed up with the current menu that most of the cafeteria suppliers keep serving up, I realise that a lot of the 'just received this wonderful DSSD from LayMaryRobLawrence, you guys won't believe the quality' posts are from noobs who have just begun to enjoy this hobby, so their enthusiasm is understandable, however, even among hard-core long term enthusiasts on the forum there seems to be some sort of complacency, a grudging acceptance of 'well, that's all that's available on the menu', so let's just roll with it, I'd love to see some NEW stuff come along, especialy stuff that doesn't necessarily involve A7750 movements, there's a world of other watches other than chronos, thin dress watches, different dive watches other than Subs and DSSD / UPOs and SFSOs and frackin' Hublots :huh:

How about Jandrew and some of the other dealers getting on the factories cases and telling them to produce some NOUVEAU HORLOGERIE items, such as some of the following, I mean some of these can't be that hard to rep, non-complicated movements and cases etc etc, some others are a bit more difficult, so, HOW ABOUT IT GUYS ?

003519-002772.jpg

1966_calendrier_annuel.jpg

28880.jpg

28881.jpg

30142.jpg

30143.jpg

30144-1.jpg

30226.jpg

30227.jpg

30524.jpg

30525.jpg

30665.jpg

30673.jpg

30675.jpg

baume-mercier-Classima-exec.jpg

bmw.jpg

DB25.jpg

De-Bethune-DB25-Moon-Phase.jpg

DR_GRANDE-LUNE.jpg

Duometre-Quantieme-Lunaire.jpg

favre-leuba-Bathy_sideview.jpg

FG_One_or_rose.jpg

Fly_back_Chronograph_MonteC.jpg

FL_Angelus.jpg

FL_BathyChrono.jpg

FL_Mvt401.jpg

GP1966Chronograph.jpg

GP1966FullCalendarPalladium.jpg

GP1966QP.jpg

GP1966SmallSecondPalladium.jpg

HeritageSuperKonTiki.jpg

LUC_chrono_1280x1024.jpg

madison-8jours.jpg

Master-Memovox-OrRose.jpg

patek-philippe-ref-5565-watch.jpg

sauterelle-gdesec.jpg

sauterelle.jpg

seahawkII.jpg

seahawkIIjohn.jpg

SeaHawkIIPro-tourbillon.jpg

uno_grande_seconde.jpg

Vintage_1945.jpg

WilliamBaume-tourbillon.jpg

WWTCSmallSecond.jpg

SeanusMaximus
I don't know about other members, but I'm fed up with the current menu that most of the cafeteria suppliers keep serving up, I realise that a lot of the 'just received this wonderful DSSD from LayMaryRobLawrence, you guys won't believe the quality' posts are from noobs who have just begun to enjoy this hobby, so their enthusiasm is understandable, however, even among hard-core long term enthusiasts on the forum there seems to be some sort of complacency, a grudging acceptance of 'well, that's all that's available on the menu', so let's just roll with it, I'd love to see some NEW stuff come along, especialy stuff that doesn't necessarily involve A7750 movements, there's a world of other watches other than chronos, thin dress watches, different dive watches other than Subs and DSSD / UPOs and SFSOs and frackin' Hublots :huh:

How about Jandrew and some of the other dealers getting on the factories cases and telling them to produce some NOUVEAU HORLOGERIE items, such as some of the following, I mean some of these can't be that hard to rep, non-complicated movements and cases etc etc, some others are a bit more difficult, so, HOW ABOUT IT GUYS ?

Although I myself have not been here very long - I do agree. Especially with the daniel Jean richard, nearly bought a genuine one a few months back as it went for a smidgen over £500 haha! So nice lookers in that list man!

Edited by seanusmaximus

Baldrick

FOR FUCK'S SAKE....WAS IT ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY FOR YOU TO COPY MY WHOLE POST WITH ALL THE PHOTOS INCLUDED, COULD YOU NOT JUST HAVE POSTED YOUR COMMENT ONLY....WHAT WAS THE POINT ? USE YOUR HEAD MAN :huh:

JohnG

There are some watches I would like to see, and yeah, they can do a lot of non-complicated stuff, but I guess they figure how much they think they can sell and then they make decisions about what to rep.

That new Porsche TB was talking about is a nice looking watch. Not for me, but cool. And the first one here, the Jean Richard, I like that one. Hell I even like the monochrome Corum, normally don't like those.

KBH

I agree 100% Seanusmaximus but please, please, please don't make us all have to look the the same 75 watches twice just to see you you are saying.

JohnG

I KNEW this was going to be a good thread.

:huh:

PatronSaintofChainsaws

I'm getting fed up with people who quote all the damn pics when they reply :lol:

Demsey
I KNEW this was going to be a good thread.

:lol:

Might as well tag it 'Contensious Thread' now and get it over with...........in 'General Discussion', love it.

OT;

Eterna-Matic KonTiki Super! Hell yes! Brilliant!

Vintage 1970's. Replete with ETA 2824 per gen.

Kontiki.jpg

Good post! The general malaise of 'replica' has kept me out of GD for years..................

Baldrick

Come on guys, don't let this deteriorate to a CT, try to keep it on track, the guys a noob, been here less than a week, all he has to do is edit his post and it's a dead cert if he reads it, he won't make the same mistake again and neither will any other noob :lol:

graman

Love the Jean Richard

and Yes.....I'd like to see some edgy stuff done, and FFS...a decent ingy!

3xrock

That black Corum is sweet.

JohnG
Love the Jean Richard

What's wrong with the Ingies?

NFleischer
Love the Jean Richard

Me too! I have a gen Chronoscope Diver, they're pretty cheap and use gen Valjoux 7750

PS- A guy @ RG is selling a nice Eterna Kon Tiki for $2500 on the VIP section. Very cool watch.

wat44

I have a corum in-bound as we speak

also wearing this right now:

ae4710c6.jpg

P.S. how over technology am I? time on watch 11.43 - posted 11.44 - snapped, uploaded, copied, pasted posted 1 minute (contentious: how about that - mutha's!)

Luthier

I think Baldy just found another way to show off his pics collection.

:lol:

Well... Factories will never listen not Jandrew, not any other dealers, so, it's just releasing the steam post.

All useless.

Oh, I'd love to see this watch repped...

Dream on.

SeanusMaximus
FOR FUCK'S SAKE....WAS IT ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY FOR YOU TO COPY MY WHOLE POST WITH ALL THE PHOTOS INCLUDED, COULD YOU NOT JUST HAVE POSTED YOUR COMMENT ONLY....WHAT WAS THE POINT ? USE YOUR HEAD MAN :lol:

Sorry.....I did not even notice, calm down man it was an accident, I do apologize!

kolchak

I'd be on that Jean Richard (first pic) & a couple of those Corums like a bum on a bologna sandwich!

JohnG
FOR FUCK'S SAKE....WAS IT ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY FOR YOU TO COPY MY WHOLE POST WITH ALL THE PHOTOS INCLUDED, COULD YOU NOT JUST HAVE POSTED YOUR COMMENT ONLY....WHAT WAS THE POINT ? USE YOUR HEAD MAN :lol:

Sorry.....I did not even notice, calm down man it was an accident, I do apologize!

Don't sweat it man, he gets a bit hysterical when he hasn't had his medication.

PatronSaintofChainsaws
FOR FUCK'S SAKE....WAS IT ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY FOR YOU TO COPY MY WHOLE POST WITH ALL THE PHOTOS INCLUDED, COULD YOU NOT JUST HAVE POSTED YOUR COMMENT ONLY....WHAT WAS THE POINT ? USE YOUR HEAD MAN :angry:

What medication would that be?

SubFrog

Got to agree...

Pre-2005 or so, there was a lot of interest and sales of more dressy watches:

Glasshutte

Vacheron

Patek

AL&S

Jager

Audemars

Breguet

etc.

Don't see as much anymore.

One of my favorites is Chronoswiss (a generous gift from a board member). It's being repaired now, but I look forward to wearing it again.

JohnG
FOR FUCK'S SAKE....WAS IT ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY FOR YOU TO COPY MY WHOLE POST WITH ALL THE PHOTOS INCLUDED, COULD YOU NOT JUST HAVE POSTED YOUR COMMENT ONLY....WHAT WAS THE POINT ? USE YOUR HEAD MAN :angry:

I'm not supposed to tell.

Akira

Spot on selection of watches which should be repped.

Especially like the Chorums, JC and some of the Perregaux.....don't see it happen though.

There are some simple Pateks and VC with closed or seethrough caseback, but the factories

don't bother getting the dial any accurate, despite from using a good movement, sapphire crystal or anything.

On the other hand I'd really like to see a 1675, a 14060 and some more good PAMs as well :angry:

Del

Nope, I'm not getting fed up!

But then, I'm still a noob! :angry:

I do like those Corums though...... :)

sconehead
FOR FUCK'S SAKE....WAS IT ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY FOR YOU TO COPY MY WHOLE POST WITH ALL THE PHOTOS INCLUDED, COULD YOU NOT JUST HAVE POSTED YOUR COMMENT ONLY....WHAT WAS THE POINT ? USE YOUR HEAD MAN :D

I'm not supposed to tell.

Tsssssssk...noobs, it's not his medication at all....he's just finished his breakfast...it'd make any of us a bit cranky if we ate a bowl of live wasps each and every morning...:P

...keeping on topic, is it just me but I don't really like those Corums, they're wierd looking, who knows they may look better on the wrist...just like the plopplop does...

opus9

30142.jpg

:D :P :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

regards

opus9