Sign in to follow this  
Baldrick

Getting fed up with the same ole same ole.....

wat44

I will have a corum wristshot this week

narikaa

Problem is

Produce these and the slack jawed lolecks-o-philes wont know what they are

gB.
Problem is

Sure they will, they'll learn. Just like 90% of the members here didn't know what a PAM was until this forum, and Panerai reps are some of the most collected reps out there, and modded to death by some.

If you build it they will come [around].... :D

wat44

Narikaa - in your opinion, which of the pateks (for example) have the best reps? have you got pics if you think some are good?

cheers

David543

Interestingly I was just starting to look for a 'dress watch'. There is a shortage of slimmer interesting watches that aren't 'complicated'. I thought the 'Admirals Cup' Corum was repped?

The problem may be that manynof these need decent gold or rose gold plating?

JohnG
I thought the 'Admirals Cup' Corum was repped?

Yes, but not those monochrome ones. I haven't seen any anyway.

David543
I thought the 'Admirals Cup' Corum was repped?

Yes, but not those monochrome ones. I haven't seen any anyway.

There is a chance then I guess, like the Hublots! The factories seem to like Corum!

greg_r

Balders: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN!

Need to add the BR03 Heritage to the list, though ;)

Brightlight
...keeping on topic, is it just me but I don't really like those Corums, they're wierd looking, who knows they may look better on the wrist...just like the plopplop does...

I agree Sconey, I don't like thrupenny bit watches at all. (That will sort out the Brit oldies from the youngies of every persuasion :rofl: )

greg_r
I think Baldy just found another way to show off his pics collection.

Not my photos Luth, these are all readily available on the Web.

PS...I'd post some photos showing some of the great reps that the factories NEVER listened to dealers pleas to make

FWIW I enjoy your watch posts, B. As you say, the same ole same ole gets a little dull :rofl:

powderfreak

The corum is pure sex, the rest is, well.... okay, some are ugly, some are quite decent.

NFleischer

Please don't stop posting pix Baldrick, I for one enjoy them . I don't care if they're yours, TTK's, web based,

or from Mars. Let's not turn this into a 'C.T.' I like seeing some of the less popular brands, like G-P, Daniel Richard,

etc. Frankly, I was never in love with the plain ole Black/SS Rolex Sub even before I got here.

pollux1

The first Jean Richard is stunning, and also the Corums. I think perhaps the rep factories/dealers do listen if we all make enough noise, after all why wouldn't they if there are numerous potential sales involved.

chum_2000_uk
Problem is

I too was wondering whether there would actually be enough of a market for these to make it worth the factories while to produce reps of them. You only have to look at the rep forums to see that the Rolex, Omega, Tag, Pam, AP and a few other makes are very popular amongst rep collectors, while other makes, such as some of the ones Baldrick has shown here just aren't. As Narikaa says, I guess a lot of people just want to buy the most recognisable brands. Part of this is probably because some people want to be seen to be wearing a recognisably expensive watch. Admittedly this doesn't too often apply to members here, but that's probably because as soon as you start reading threads here, it really starts to shape your knowledge and taste in watches.

Until I joined here, I considered myself somewhat into expensive watches, more so than anyone else I personally know; yet I only really knew Omega, Rolex, Tag and a couple of others. Manufacturers such as Patek Philippe, Breguet, Panerai, Corum, etc. etc. were foreign to me, if I'd seen them on someones wrist I'd not have known they were super expensive (or a rep!). I still occasionally see watch brands mentioned here that I'd either never heard of, or didn't realise were so prestigious. Ok, so not everyone is as ignorant to watch brands as I was, but I would say that there are plenty of people who are, and plenty more who know even less about watches than myself.

Based on these facts, it is difficult to see why rep factories would stray away from watches they know are going to be big sellers, and start producing ones that appeal to less people. Sure, after a time their popularity would grow somewhat, particularly when us guys start showing them off on these forums, but they still probably wouldn't sell in the sheer numbers that your average Joe brands sell in.

It's a real shame though, because almost every time Baldrick shows us pics of watches, I always absolutely love one or two of them; a few watches down the line I would love to own some of them if there were good reps available.

solkryssare

I love when you post a Trillion watch pic's like this! Keep em coming

That GP Monte-Carlo 1973 speaks to me in a big way. So does the Eterna-Matic KonTiki Super........

Drhulee
Some of the watches you posted - just impossible to replicate, because no such a movements exist in China.

To be fair, the factories make a lot of reps of watches with complicated movements that are "impossible to replicate". Obviously, they just don't end up too accurate, that's all.

jameo210369

I agree Baldrick, plenty of beautiful watchers above.

PatronSaintofChainsaws
Got to agree...

Pre-2005 or so, there was a lot of interest and sales of more dressy watches:

Glasshutte

Vacheron

Patek

AL&S

Jager

Audemars

Breguet

etc.

Don't see as much anymore.

Franken projects and close-to 1:1 are all the rage right now...somethign that can't be done with most of the aforementioned brands. I'm a big fan of Vacheron Constantin and Breguet, but most replications are woefully inadequate.

onzenuub
You guys have got to stop reading JohnG's posts, they seem to be turning you all into aggressive argumentative posters.

Its true, my presence makes people edgy, nervous, and then they get testy with each other. The next thing you know, a line is crossed, hysteria sets in, pm's start flying to the mods' inboxes, and suddenly somebody is in the Gulag.

This never happens when I post with my user name "Aren". So it must be the JohnG persona, people just can't handle it.

Same when you post as Balad, everyone is happy as a clam...

Clam pics? :lol:

4098869232_0c42b4574b_o.jpg

Drhulee

That's one sad looking Clam, what about some "Happy Clam" pics :lol:

pollux1

In some parts of the world clams are used as barter, perhaps we should have a "money shot" instead?

jameo210369

wow, that clam / crab looks so freaky.

PatronSaintofChainsaws
That's one sad looking Clam, what about some "Happy Clam" pics :P

Those things are called "crabs" in most English-speaking countries.

Drhulee
That's one sad looking Clam, what about some "Happy Clam" pics :P

Those things are called "crabs" in most English-speaking countries.

Which is why I called it a "sad looking Clam" ;)

chum_2000_uk

Hairy clam?