SCShrek

A "Milky" 1675 PCG

SCShrek

So now that I have your attention.... :lol:

This post is more of a public service announcement with some gotcha's...

This watch was assembled without a base watch. Here's the parts:

1. Case set and bezel assembly: From Milk51506 on RWI. He leaves a hefty amount of metal on the CG so you can shape them any way you want them. I love PCGs!

4WdX1.jpg

2. Insert is also Milk51506 true fat font. He offers two different "colors". I faded the BLRO and it fades perfectly and uniformly using hot bleach for 5 minutes, light sanding with 2000 grit and rinse method. Took about 5 cycles to get this but it can fade farther and the red fads faster than the blue.

4WBRQ.jpg

3. Dial is Ruby, not touched, not relumed but true neg guilt.

4. Went with the Tropic (non cyclops) plexi just to stray from the norm and also, I like it better. I did read that some  gen dealers would sell this plexi on request but who knows, I like it this way ;).  This is the  25-38 from Clarks. A gen T38 is near impossible to find and I wouldn't want to pay that kind of cash for one anyway.

5. The movement is a HZ6460 GMT from Helenarou. Is  basically a GMT version of the 2836-2 so it's 28800 beat rate is incorrect but I already had some 2836 hands and rolled with it.

6. Misc parts like a movement holder from Yuki, DWO and small GMT hand from Raffles, a gen crown from Ebay gave me all the parts. I already had the Nero strap at home waiting for this build.

First things first...case shaping is a bitch....grind, sand, polish....crap, I dont like like it, repeat :rolleyes:.  The insert was aged as mentioned above.  The plexi didnt fit really tight, so I hypo'd it in to stay. Lumed the hands and epoxied the DWO. Clipped the dial feat and added new ones and I was good to go with the assembly.

Normally, this just isnt that hard until the movement holder you were told you needed wasnt right (although I didnt realize it). At this point when the movement holder and the case clamps were not fitting right, you call on the help of @yodog. He is great and local to CONUS so  no shipping worries! He took it, said the movement ring was wrong and was able to mill it to make it work....big green ogres DO NOT MILL anything :shrek:. After that the case clamps fit. He decided the lume could be better so the lume credit goes to Yodog. I also found out quickly that even though 2836 hands SHOULD fit the 6460, that's not always true. I had to expand the hole on the minute and seconds hands. 

Enough chatter about how this came to be...here's my (Yodog mostly) end result.

4UbHR.jpg

4Ux18.jpg

4UJMK.jpg

4USNL.jpg

• Like 5

RussP

Lovely.

Thanks for sharing.

A lume shot would have been nice too.

• Like 1

rikracy

Very, very nice...great build, Sir!!

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Intresting

Hey big mann!  Looks good and how satisfying this must be!

Very well done

• Like 1

NCRich

Oh that is very pretty.  Love that.

• Like 1

BravoDelta

Nice job! Looks great! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Mystery Shopper

Great build- congratulations. :shrek:

• Like 1