Simonix

Pam Hoover's Bag...Collection updated with pics!

Phoenixboy

No Bronzos Simon
187?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

GenTLe

Wow, what a collection. And  yet, the one that I prefer more is the black dialed radiomir chrono in the middle :)

• Like 1

Simonix

A bit of a change around. Sold a couple, bought some more!

Had to get a second box too. One with extra wide cushions for the 47mm pams. 

Anyway, here is the collection, updated as from today....

NxNyJ.jpg
NxEHo.jpg

• Like 1

Simonix
1 hour ago, Phoenixboy said:

No Bronzos Simon emoji15.png
187?

Yes! Collection photos updated. Bronzo now included!

Phoenixboy

Nice one, everyone should have a Bronzo

If you enjoy the 382, look out for the 671.
That blue

deju

Now with added bronzo :D 

• Like 1

Phoenixboy

You need a 671 Simonfe17ad1cc96a441c40fa55f8167d7ae5.jpg

• Like 2

Chefbaily

Wow what a collection. 

I have a slytech pam 202 rep I've had it 20 years but lost the bezel. Its a 47mm case and I think a 44mm bezel. Any ideas where I can buy a bezel or something that would look suited on the 202 

ZZH89L.jpg

FunnyStarSystem

Well, since this has been semi necrolocated and the question has been occurring more and more to me, @Simonix - if you were only able to have a single Pam, the One Pam, the Pam to rule them all, which would it be? Because I need to get a power Pam and I am utterly lost thanks to you and your extravagantly indulgent collection!

A l'il help por favor Mr. Hoover.

Simonix
9 hours ago, Chefbaily said:

Wow what a collection. 

I have a slytech pam 202 rep I've had it 20 years but lost the bezel. Its a 47mm case and I think a 44mm bezel. Any ideas where I can buy a bezel or something that would look suited on the 202 

ZZH89L.jpg

Lovely watch!

That is rare as hen's teeth, so getting a bezel that will fit, will be damn near impossible I imagine?! I'm afraid I wouldn't know where to look?! Maybe try and find 47mm sterile Pam rep from DHgate or ALiexpress, and see if you can swap a bezel over? Making it fit would be a nightmare though.

It looks quite cool without the bezel though.

Simonix
9 hours ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

Well, since this has been semi necrolocated and the question has been occurring more and more to me, @Simonix - if you were only able to have a single Pam, the One Pam, the Pam to rule them all, which would it be? Because I need to get a power Pam and I am utterly lost thanks to you and your extravagantly indulgent collection!

A l'il help por favor Mr. Hoover.

Thanks. I am fairly sure there are many other Rep collectors on this forum that have more Pams than I do?! haha

One single Pam?! Surely there is no such thing?! That's why I NEED so many?! haha!

If 47mm, then I just love the simplicity and overall "pam" style, then a 372 ticks all my boxes. I have a Noob version with the decorated 6497. I would love the higher spec rep that came with the 8 day clone movement, but alas, the 372 are long since discontinued! Natas had one for sale on here recently (with clone movement), but it was waaay over my budget sadly! You do get the Noob ones pop up on M2M from time to time though.

If 44mm, then again, similar to the above, simplicity is key I think. If you want the "iconic" pam, I would choose the 111. There is a Noob V10 I think now?! A few "experts" could find some faults with it, but they are basically NWBIG in my opinion.

Despite both of my comments above, I love all my Pams, and the one I wear the most is actually my 212 chrono! Incorrect movement (7750), with no working Flyback feature, so definitely not a "super rep", but it finds it's way onto my wrist most days. Also discontinued of course...

Here are 3 wristies of the 3 I have mentioned above....

9-C3126-B9-8-DB6-430-B-81-AA-582-AF9-BE5
96850-A95-68-A8-4674-BC0-F-A1-E332-E0219
13-CEDE4-E-2-A73-4-ED0-9469-A50-FE2-C099

• Like 2

FunnyStarSystem

Thank you @Simonix for your thoughtful reply. I like all three choices and appreciate that in your eyes simplicity is the way to go if you're going to have just one. Like having a Lamborghini Countach, if you can only have one, get it in its purest form without all the ridiculous wings and spoilers and added grills. Your second Countach can have all that. Your third means a long prison term is nigh, but I digress....

I have a lovely Marina Militare GMT, with the hour bezel in steel, which I love - but I think for an actual Pam the 111 is the way to go. I believe I owned one years ago which met its fate on M2M, but what has stirred me looking again are all the beautiful blue dials I've seen lately. Do they make a 111 or similarly austere 44mm with a mesmerizing blue dial? Or is this custom work I'm seeing?

Simonix
17 minutes ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

Thank you @Simonix for your thoughtful reply. I like all three choices and appreciate that in your eyes simplicity is the way to go if you're going to have just one. Like having a Lamborghini Countach, if you can only have one, get it in its purest form without all the ridiculous wings and spoilers and added grills. Your second Countach can have all that. Your third means a long prison term is nigh, but I digress....

I have a lovely Marina Militare GMT, with the hour bezel in steel, which I love - but I think for an actual Pam the 111 is the way to go. I believe I owned one years ago which met its fate on M2M, but what has stirred me looking again are all the beautiful blue dials I've seen lately. Do they make a 111 or similarly austere 44mm with a mesmerizing blue dial? Or is this custom work I'm seeing?

The TDs currently do a blue dial in 42mm. in fact I sold mine (688 GMT) quite recently to Popperini. 

look for the 927 or 688. 

I also hear that Mary is still able to get the 690 (47mm Radiomir) blue dial still as well. My 690 below....

ZZaxrK.jpg

• Like 1

FunnyStarSystem

Wow, that 690 is a big slice of cake isn't it? I don't know why I'm so wary of a 47mm, with 22cm (8.5") wrists I'm the type of golem those are made for! Plus I love that vintage style case. Tra-la-la off to Mary's to see what she can get :)

Thanks again @Simonix

• Like 1

Simonix
6 minutes ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

Wow, that 690 is a big slice of cake isn't it? I don't know why I'm so wary of a 47mm, with 8.5" wrists I'm the type of golem those are made for! Plus I love that vintage style case. Tra-la-la off to Mary's to see what she can get :)

Thanks again @Simonix

Without a crown guard, they’re quite “small” for a 47...

• Like 1