processengr

Need advice on replacement crystal for JKF Daytona

processengr

Hi all,

Looking for advice on replacing the crystal on my JKF Vintage daytona. Very small crack on edge barely visible, didn't bother me until recently, when sweating outside, it fogged up upon coming inside. Given that my watches are stored with a dessicant, must be that cracked crystal. Searching the interweb, I see references to Clark T21 and Strenkurtz (sic) from Essinger. 

Hoping for input from those who have experience with these (@ncrich maybe?)

50029519011_5931ad2d5e_h.jpg

NCRich

I have Clarks tropic 21 on all mine. 

processengr
26 minutes ago, NCRich said:

I have Clarks tropic 21 on all mine. 

Thanks Rich, 

Does the Clarks look like the one that came with the JKF or is it smooth-dome?

NCRich

It is more of a dome.

processengr

I have ordered the T21 Clark crystal through Ebay. I searched google for a instruction to install the crystal on JKF Daytona, no luck. I am assuming it is not the same as a genuine Rolex.

Any links or advice? I have a press and some basic tools...

NCRich

Take a single edge razor blade and slide it under the bezel.  Lift it off with case knife.  Remove old plexi, put new one on, press on the bezel to secure.

processengr

Thanks!!! No glue needed?

NCRich

Should not need glue but you could use some on the plexi if you don't think it's water tight. 

processengr

Well, that was easy! Bezel came right off, new plexi (Clark 25-21) fit perfectly and seems a little clearer than old one...the fact that it came off so easy makes me suspect this is the reason it fogged up...what kind of glue do you recommend? Just on the bottom of the plexi?

Thanks in advance!!!

FunnyStarSystem

Can you share the eBay store you used @processengr please - very quick shipping it seems!

Glad it fit perfectly :thumbsup2:

tribefan
10 hours ago, processengr said:

Well, that was easy! Bezel came right off, new plexi (Clark 25-21) fit perfectly and seems a little clearer than old one...the fact that it came off so easy makes me suspect this is the reason it fogged up...what kind of glue do you recommend? Just on the bottom of the plexi?

Thanks in advance!!!

You can find it cheaper then here, but this is the stuff:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/G-S-Hypo-Tube-Cement-Jewelry-Making-Bead-Stringing-Watch-Repair-Adhesive-Craft-Glue-49-1227/274134662?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=128134&&adid=22222222227265929379&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=315945036439&wl4=pla-580699105323&wl5=9015392&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=127958854&wl11=online&wl12=274134662&veh=sem&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIw7Tn3aak6gIVQb7ACh3tkA7NEAQYASABEgJkE_D_BwE

processengr