Devil

New Tudor 58 Blue on 30th of June Apparently

Howitzer
14 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Yeah, that's pretty awesome (though I would prefer it in grown-up sizes).

I've never actually tried the BB58 as my BB is basically the same only a bit bigger and I've never seen one in the wild either. Is it that much smaller at 39mm?

NCRich
2 minutes ago, Howitzer said:

I've never actually tried the BB58 as my BB is basically the same only a bit bigger and I've never seen one in the wild either. Is it that much smaller at 39mm?

Yes it feels quite a bit smaller (and to me more comfortable).

• Like 1

Howitzer
Just now, NCRich said:

Yes it feels quite a bit smaller (and to me more comfortable).

Thanks Rich. How does it compare to a 4 or 5 digit Sub?

GingerApple
30 minutes ago, Howitzer said:

I think so. To the extent that I had a BB58 (which I love in photos), but got rid of in favour of a Black Bay Black - and I'm not a big seller of watches, I've probably sold 10 since I joined here, so yeah, for me it's too small.

Having said all that, I like big watches, so if you're more open minded than me, it won't seem too small - you only have to look at the BB58s popularity, Gen and Rep, to know that.

26 minutes ago, Howitzer said:

How does it compare to a 4 or 5 digit Sub?

Much smaller than a five digit.

• Like 1

NCRich
59 minutes ago, Howitzer said:

Thanks Rich. How does it compare to a 4 or 5 digit Sub?

Feels like a 6538 big crown, but the bracelet is more substantial that the 6538 of course.

• Like 1

Devil
1 hour ago, Howitzer said:

I don't think its too small, depends on what you prefer though. I had all the BB main colours in the 41mm versions and then got the 58 and fell and love, decided to go gen. 

I really like this blue but glad I got my original 58 and I'll keep it for as long as I live I think.

• Like 1

simey83

Straight to the top of my Gen list! Absolutely gorgeous. Rang around a few places. Currently hens teeth over in NI! Waiting lists etc... :(

Realism
28 minutes ago, simey83 said:

Straight to the top of my Gen list! Absolutely gorgeous. Rang around a few places. Currently hens teeth over in NI! Waiting lists etc... :(

May not be the same everywhere else.

But in Singapore, these are available for collection TODAY.

Also pretty sure they are now sold out (at least for today)

simey83
May not be the same everywhere else.

But in Singapore, these are available for collection TODAY.

Also pretty sure they are now sold out (at least for today)

:( anyone wanna buy one and I’ll buy it off you hah smile.png

Cheers mate.

Realism
15 minutes ago, simey83 said:

:( anyone wanna buy one and I’ll buy it off you hah smile.png

Cheers mate.

I did not get one, but there seems to be a change in Tudor's  strategy where a launch is followed by availability right away vs waiting for months in the past..

Just call around, hopefully you will get one that will bite

Howitzer
1 minute ago, Realism said:

I did not get one, but there seems to be a change in Tudor's  strategy where a launch is followed by availability right away vs waiting for months in the past..

Just call around, hopefully you will get one that will bite

+1. Seen a few posts online today of people buying these straight from ADs

simey83

Yea. Only one AD in northern Ireland and they have none smile.png I’m on a few lists so fingers crossed. Thanks guys.

AwesomeSauce
48 minutes ago, Realism said:

there seems to be a change in Tudor's  strategy where a launch is followed by availability right away vs waiting for months in the past..

I think the change being COVID. They would have announced this at bazelworld and it would have finally made its way into retailers around now. So they were able to delay the press launch to coincide with the availability date. I hope it becomes a standard though.

Nothing worse than seeing a watch announced and having to wait months for it... Looking at you Tag Heuer Carrera 150 yr anniversary edition

51 minutes ago, Realism said:

there seems to be a change in Tudor's  strategy where a launch is followed by availability right away vs waiting for months in the past..

I think the change being COVID. They would have announced this at bazelworld and it would have finally made its way into retailers around now. So they were able to delay the press launch to coincide with the availability date. I hope it becomes a standard though.

Nothing worse than seeing a watch announced and having to wait months for it... Looking at you Tag Heuer Carrera 150 yr anniversary edition

Oris

Dropping the N, and this is a 'WBIG' for me :D

Love the current 58 and was contemplating a gen, but this is so much better.  

Edited by Oris
  • Like 1

MA123

Love it!!  Been hoping for a blue BB58 for a while. 

Albeit side-by-side with the black version on the video its a difficult decision. Black looks more classy, with blue more contemporary 

Gen or rep purchase...?  Guess depends on how well and quickly ZF release the rep!

If only tudor brought out a ceramic bezel version of BB58 it would be the perfect watch imo.  Unfortunately i dont they think they ever will given that would compete too strongly with the rolex line-up

thejudge

Wonder how long ZF will take to do a rep 3 months maybe? Have they rep got a rep of the black 58 yet? 

hasel5
6 minutes ago, thejudge said:

Wonder how long ZF will take to do a rep 3 months maybe? Have they rep got a rep of the black 58 yet? 

Prob have tbh

hasel5

6e983db2075071086c513f87fb243675.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thejudge

OK cool so case, movement, strap and bezel sorted. Just the dial, hands and bezel insert to develop.

hasel5

And getting the blue right that is the tough bit and i mean tough