Lutaito

Pam carbotech date alignment issue

Simonix

Go on. Glue it. 

then, when it’s really broken, I can buy it off you for a fiver... haha. 

all jokes aside. Either send it to one of the respected watch repairers on here, or strip down the movement and have a go yourself. 

Lutaito

[mention]GenTLe [/mention] thanks for the guide mate! Ill have two problems, one sourcing a replacement wheel. Specially the asian movement one. And second i haven’t stripped 7750s yet. I have just done 6497 and 2824,2836,2813.

Any recommendations where i can source movement parts?

[mention]Popperini [/mention] funny that 2813 i did, dint break any thing but lost one spring on the date side haha. And this one broke i guess cz the retainer ring is loose and while taking out the movement it hit the retainer ring and just fell off. I found out after i took the movement out it was already floating.

Now i might give it a try but ill have to the seconds wheel first

GenTLe
8 hours ago, Lutaito said:

Ill have two problems, one sourcing a replacement wheel. Specially the asian movement one. And second i haven’t stripped 7750s yet. I have just done 6497 and 2824,2836,2813.

Any recommendations where i can source movement parts?

Well, I think someone may have around some broken 7750 to give you. I have for sure that part, but I'm in Italy, not sure if it make sense to ship it up to USA: try to make a thread on here (in the WTB clearly indicating what you're searching from the title). And in any case you first need to remove the pinion from the hand (and it's waaaaaay easy to fuck it up...).

If you did the 2813 (and have been able to put it back together) this shouldn't scare you. 7750 without chrono are not worse than a 2836, there are ETA documents around to show how and where to put lubricants (check the "Technical communication" here: https://shopb2b.eta.ch/7750.html?___store=en#technical-documents) and you'll need to do some pictures during the teardown because there are parts that are missing or different (i.e. there is no tilting pinion, no central chrono gears, no action levers, no cams, no central friction etc etc...).

Lutaito

If you did the 2813 (and have been able to put it back together) this shouldn't scare you. 7750 without chrono are not worse than a 2836, and you'll need to do some pictures during the teardown because there are parts that are missing or different (i.e. there is no tilting pinion, no central chrono gears, no action levers, no cams, no central friction etc etc...).

I was looking at vids on YT for 7750 disassembly and assembly, the amount of gears and wheels and springs scared me haha.

The 2813 also i put my 90%of it but one spring on date side and balance hair spring i messed up. That was my first movement i tried and people suggested go not touch that and just to replace it its very cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lutaito

So for now i just took off the second hand and just closed it u til i find the part im looming for and also the guts to open that apart. Then ill continue ahead. For now back to seiko and 28xx

Thank you for helping me :)