FunnyStarSystem

The Most Soothing Watchsmith on YouTube Disassembles a Rep Hulk

FunnyStarSystem

I thought you guys might enjoy, this watchsmith has endless amazing videos breaking down and servicing every kind of movement you can imagine. Here he disassembles a low quality hulk and gives his opinion on one of the main reasons they don't often last terribly long (spoiler alert!) it has to do with the way the factories wash and lube by dunking the movements in often contaminated vats of cleaner/oil.  Watching him is like meditation and hypnosis, you'll see what I mean once he settles in to his workbench.

Enjoy, and then do watch him service something gorgeous like a caliber 4130    :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Adit

Fascinating stuff. Thanks for sharing, FSS

jcagara08

sure I do enjoy his videos but what I am against is about the destruction of this watch, this could have been given to a random person just to serve its purpose as a time telling device a watch granting its a replica

but yes as a YouTuber you need to be generating more shock value content as well

BadApple

He could have put it on M2M 

brang1

he should make Audio Relaxation tapes, SOOTHING... 

GingerApple

This guy taught me everything I know about watchmaking!

Okay, so that's not the greatest endorsement ever, but the failings are mine, not his.

Did he fuck the keyless though when removing the stem??!?

GingerApple

That's a really good video actually. I wish he did one like that for all the different movements. All of his other movement breakdowns seem less complete - perhaps they start with the movement already decased or they finish after the stripdown and your have to watch a different video for the rebuild or whatever - but this straight, start-to-finish-including-oiling etc is how they all should be imo.

I really wish he'd learn to pronounce 'th' though. It's a 'thing', not a 'fing'!!!!!!

simey83

Amazing! Thanks mate :)

maplebank

Wow! :bugeyes:

Can honestly say, I've never seen a watch dissected like that before.

I have nothing but admiration for anyone who can take something as delicate as a watch movement apart and then reconstruct it with such precison :Applause:

Superb :thumbsup2:

FunnyStarSystem

This VJ 7750 service (Breitling) is all business, no muzak - trigger alert: lotsa pubes :giggle:

FunnyStarSystem

spammer at 12 o'clock @NCRich :salute:

What area do you suppose his accent originates @TheGingerFerret?  That must be one chill shire, perhaps it's Chillshire :D

• Like 1

GingerApple
35 minutes ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

What area do you suppose his accent originates @TheGingerFerret?  That must be one chill shire, perhaps it's Chillshire :D

All watchmakers are northerners and all northerners are watchmakers (or plumbers or rugby league players). He's from Lincolnshire I believe.

• Like 1

FunnyStarSystem

My Cumbrian gf's father was a stonemason, so I take your point.

• Like 1

Rokerite
1 hour ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I really wish he'd learn to pronounce 'th' though. It's a 'thing', not a 'fing'!!!!!!

"Fings ain't wot they used to be" Gaw blimey strike a light gavna you is being picky there and no mistake. Jellied eels. Pie and mash etc.etc.

• Like 1

FunnyStarSystem

Different watchsmith, same idea. This one is particularly fascinating as he does a case restoration (brushed and polished) - silence and then music triumphantly begins as he puts it back together :D

This one also has the odd "bendy" crown stem you know about from owning a Vostok Amf.