RussP

Genuine Watch Wrist Check for July 2020

OLDBLOKE74
17 minutes ago, Intresting said:

What a stunner :)   Thanks for sharing.  Is the new one the same model only newer?   Can't beat the Bentley for crafstmanship.  Do you take it to the track?   Go toe to toe with a 911?  :) .

@InterestingThere are lots of 911 models and some are properly quick , the ones that do track days are normally very light and track prepared. The Bentley Is 2.5 tonnes and much bigger, However the Bentley  is easier to drive quickly for an amateur - in standard form a decent driver in a 911 GT 3 would lap me easily because the power to weight ratio is a massive advantage. An average driver in a  powerful 911 would probably struggle to stay on the track and my mum would be quicker in her  Nissan Micra. Not to mention the noise and the stink in the 911.

Track days are not good for standard cars - 4 tyres, pads and discs etc etc every trip, but we still do Nurburgring  once a year. ....

The Bentley GT goes great against Astons, AMG’s and other equivalents, but on the road on a long trip there is nothing comes close - It’s a Grand Tourer not a sports car, my golf clubs fit easily and with all that leather, wood and double glazing it’s more comfortable than my house. Best every day car in the world.

What is the best every day watch in the world? One that would be suitable for every occasion? One you could wear for a wedding or to work on the tools?

‘Tona ?

Nautilus? 

???

Member X
49 minutes ago, OLDBLOKE74 said:

@InterestingThere are lots of 911 models and some are properly quick , the ones that do track days are normally very light and track prepared. The Bentley Is 2.5 tonnes and much bigger, However the Bentley  is easier to drive quickly for an amateur - in standard form a decent driver in a 911 GT 3 would lap me easily because the power to weight ratio is a massive advantage. An average driver in a  powerful 911 would probably struggle to stay on the track and my mum would be quicker in her  Nissan Micra. Not to mention the noise and the stink in the 911.

Track days are not good for standard cars - 4 tyres, pads and discs etc etc every trip, but we still do Nurburgring  once a year. ....

The Bentley GT goes great against Astons, AMG’s and other equivalents, but on the road on a long trip there is nothing comes close - It’s a Grand Tourer not a sports car, my golf clubs fit easily and with all that leather, wood and double glazing it’s more comfortable than my house. Best every day car in the world.

What is the best every day watch in the world? One that would be suitable for every occasion? One you could wear for a wedding or to work on the tools?

‘Tona ?

Nautilus? 

???

If you need someone to ride shotgun on one of those 'ring trips... ;)

Thommo82

RglGS.png

• Like 5

RussP

It ain't Tuesday, but what the heck:

33241902708_5e04aba403_b.jpg

• Like 5

Thommo82
4 minutes ago, RussP said:

Didn’t know you had a Speedy Russ

Looks waaaay to big for you though. Probably best to swap me for the Alpinist. Much better for your wrist 

RussP
18 hours ago, Thommo82 said:

Didn’t know you had a Speedy Russ

Looks waaaay to big for you though. Probably best to swap me for the Alpinist. Much better for your wrist 

Had this for a while.

Yes too large for my wrist.

No to Alpinist trade........................ :christmas3: as I have a few people interested in it.

Sold it a while ago, when things were tough (divorce, Child Support etc).

Bought it back from the buyer (when things got better).

Have already promised it to the first-time-buyer (we have an agreement of sorts) when I want to divest myself of it again.

• Like 1

Intresting
4 hours ago, OLDBLOKE74 said:

‘Tona ?

Nautilus? 

???

That is very true.   Its more of a tourer than out and out track car.   We know that 911 earned the moniker "widow maker" for a reason.     It is a beauty.

Everyday watch?     Explorer/Air King if a little luxury.   Seamaster/Aqua Terra too.    But if its a tool watch that I am happy to bash around and still look good, I reckon the Seiko Sumo Prospex works.  

NFleischer

49419178808_829c3c4b0d_b_d.jpg

• Like 5

Buddhabar

@Russ...Can you sell it to me?

Buddhabar

.08270b6fc73bad109a79b09eedd93160.jpg

• Like 3

RussP
3 hours ago, Buddhabar said:

@Russ...Can you sell it to me?
emoji120.png

Only if half a dozen people ahead of you decline the offer to purchase.

Navichief

50129813163_162d39d039_h.jpg

• Like 2

OLDBLOKE74

fALbD.jpg

Red gold & white gold Cellini ..... doesn’t get out of the box much these days but still a keeper 

• Like 5

RussP

49678283157_724daaecb9_b.jpg

• Like 6

Del

foCdj.jpg

• Like 4

Whorologist

a6ab5cc4d37ed1f3a135b1087176ed9c.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

simey83