thegolfman

Quick Review - Aqua Terra Ryder Cup

thegolfman

Just wanted to share a few thoughts on my first purchase from Andrew at TrustyTime.  Super easy to work with, and surprisingly smooth Western Union sign up and transfer...not nearly as intimidating as it seems for those new to the game.

Andrew made this easy, even rejecting the first watch prior to getting me QC pics.  Overall, this watch is just really, really a nice piece.  Solid, substantial and well finished.  The blue dial markers actually sparkle in the sunlight...rubber strap is comfortable and quite high quality and there isn't a single thing I could point to that holds this watch back.  

As a golfer, this is a perfect foray into the Rep world and a very satisfying first transaction....I came into this thinking I wanted an AP, but soon realized that even the small collection of watches needs a theme around the what and the why...so, I went with one that aligns with my other interests...doubt that I'll wear this golfing, but will enjoy it everywhere else!

Andrew has already received a follow up purchase!  

FudgyDocker

:ttiwwop:

thegolfman

I’m working on the pics!

BadApple
15 minutes ago, thegolfman said:

I’m working on the pics!

Hurry up !!!!!  :drool:

I do love these hobby theme watches.

I have a Panerai Radiomir PAM69  Dogging Edition

Flinnt
6 hours ago, BadApple said:

I have a Panerai Radiomir PAM69  Dogging Edition

What was the saying about worthless and pictures again? This one’s piqued my interest for visual stimulus. Be careful of the angle. 

thegolfman

Just found the image insert instructions...

Edited by thegolfman
Image error

thegolfman

RC.jpg

Edited by thegolfman
Fixing image
  • Like 2

reqfed

What's Your wrist size? I would love to know whether I can wear this with my smallish wrists.

Luxinterior

I *really* want one of these. Andrew at Trustytime says not available. 

Anyone got any ideas, or have one in a drawer that's not getting wrist time?

tribefan

jQUggS.jpg

• Like 1

Luxinterior

Very nice... but I prefer the 2018 version :D.

thegolfman

Two years in with this watch!  Still is one of my favorites (I may have enhanced the collection by a rep or six…).  This rep has proven to be a sturdy and reliable watch…I actually now golf and practice (range balls, etc.) with it on and it’s absolutely comfortable and bullet proof.  Over the past couple years, I’ve noticed a comment here or there about golfing with a watch and, while I understand some have a preference not to have anything on the wrist, I feel like a watch is unnoticeable while I play…and it keeps my on a four hour round pace!

just an excellent and reliable purchase, can’t recommend this model and version enough!  It looks exactly like the day I received, no signs of wear, but for the band threads are slightly muted from their original bright white.  All good here!

• Like 2

Redfire1066

@thegolfman   ..  ..  but more importantly after 2 years   . .. . . .. . ..  has your handicap improved  :Thinking: ? 

thegolfman

After a lot of effort, I have successfully remained exactly the same. Golf’s a bitch. 

• Like 2

Redfire1066

lol …. It is indeed … …. someday… one day the sun will shine … 

gran
On 22/12/2021 at 16:11, tribefan said:

jQUggS.jpg

Now that is the one :thumbsup: great looking

• Like 1

gran
On 03/07/2020 at 13:06, thegolfman said:

but soon realized that even the small collection of watches needs a theme around the what and the why... 

I have not looked at it like this myself, maybe I have a hidden "theme" without knowing it. I am not quite sure how you computed this. Could you elaborate?

thegolfman

I guess I just mean that a collection should be more than just stuff I obtained and owned. I buy a certain watch for a few reasons: function (golfing or even the right dress watch), design, or uniqueness. I don’t know how to measure any of this but I haven’t sold anything, so I must be meeting my “why” criteria, lol…

• Like 1

B168

First of all, banger of a watch.  Shocked it can handle golf swings.  Second, collecting around a theme is a great idea and something I've never thought of.  Thirdly, may I ask the specs on your watch movement and have you tried comparing it to a gen?

thegolfman

Thanks!  It’s a cool watch and look/feels good on and off the course.  I’m probably into thousands of swings with this watch, given how much I play and how many range sessions I usually squeeze in.

per Trusty’s site@:   Platinum Plated Super Clone Asia A8900 Automatic, Decorated insignia rotor, All markings of Omega Calibre 8900 present

tribefan

https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/omega-vsf-at-150m-ryder-cup-limited-edition.9534304/

Here is a quick review I did next door. Don't know much about the movement other than it's a clone so if it breaks it will be impossible to fix. I don't think it is a true double barrel clone, but could be wrong about that. There is no quick date set, you advance the hours to fill the date, but the gearing is pretty nice and it goes relatively fast. Supposedly like gen, 

There is one major tell on these, the Master Chronograph printing is black, so if someone know what they are looking for you can spot it on the wrist, but other than that it is dead on.  From the back it looks stellar.