thejudge

Trusty no longer accepting PayPal

thejudge

Just tried to buy a buy a couple of watches from Andrew today and noticed he is no longer accepting PayPal payments.

I normally use PayPal because I find it easier and the fee is normally offset by the discount he give.  I don't really want to use credit cards as I don't want to get spanked by fees.

Can anyone suggest what form of payment is best but I would still like to use PayPal as the source of funds if possible?

BadPickle

Forget pp, dealers are more and more reluctant to use it due to all the knobheads who think they’re shopping at amazon and doing a chargeback.
Try western union, transfer wise, moneygram, best to see what Andrew will accept. 

Glaude
On 04/07/2020 at 14:42, pickledbeetroot said:

Forget pp, dealers are more and more reluctant to use it due to all the knobheads who think they’re shopping at amazon and doing a chargeback.
Try western union, transfer wise, moneygram, best to see what Andrew will accept. 

This 100%, Trusty was one of the last people to accept PayPal from anybody, and I can tell you that this was not hassle free, they lost a lot of money because of idiots

If you are a regular customer, just discuss this with them directly, maybe they'll still accept it for you

CaptainFantastic

I’ve always used PayPal because I’m a fan of the buffer between me and the internet regarding my card number. I have recently discovered SudoPay, an app made by the same company that makes Sudo (basically a disposable email & phone number you can bin when you don’t want the spam coming to your main number). Sudo pay is an app that basically creates a preloaded credit card, you pay, they give you the digital card to use. Another buffer. I have cards that offer no foreign transaction fees but I’d be more at ease giving a preloadable digital card than my own credit cards. After all, who knows who might hack that stuff. 

thejudge
17 hours ago, Glaude said:

This 100%, Trusty was one of the last people to accept PayPal from anybody, and I can tell you that this was not hassle free, they lost a lot of money because of idiots

If you are a regular customer, just discuss this with them directly, maybe they'll still accept it for you

Hi Glaude 

Yes I have discussed it with them on Saturday all sorted :) and he will still do PayPal for Regular/VIP customers.  Just signed off the QC on the latest pair watches so they should be on there way in the next day or so :).

Thumbs up for Andrew   :) 

• Like 1