Howitzer

Noob Sub on an auction site?

SteveA

Looks like a noob v2 to me but I’m no expert

• Like 1

Rokerite
5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Looks like a noob v2 to me but I’m no expert

Think it is a Noob V7. ST9 clasp code and dark bezel insert markers. 

• Like 1

Oris

Dull bezel indices and a wokky rehaut

• Like 1

Ibanez

Insert markers are a stroke dull? But could be just shabby pics.... the bracelet looks a bit second hand too with the misalignment

Edited by Ibanez
  • Like 1

Howitzer

Thought as much. 6 and 9 indices are too squared off and sharp as well. That's some shitty due diligence by the auction site, although I'm sure they've got a lovely disclaimer to cover themselves.

• Like 1

FudgyDocker

Wow, the scratches on the back of the lugs, where some thug has removed the pin bars!!

• Like 1

BroDrTime

Maybe if you contact 'The SaleRoom' you can get a  reward. For example, I've sold shoes on Mercari, it's like a Poshmark app. But because I have a history with replica sneakers I'm able to catch frauds on the app that try to sell reps as gen, this is a big deal in the sneaker world, and unfortunately, many people get scammed daily. When I am able to get a sale taken down because it's clearly a replica, that if you have an eye for it, you just know, especially when you pretty much memorize each batch flaws from the leading factories. I will get anywhere from 10-20$ reward, not all the time but sometimes is fine by me! You gotta find a way to save that poor guy or gal that's about to spend 3k on what they think is the genuine article. 

On another note: that Lot location Edinburgh though it's in Scotland. I actually received my biology degree from UTRGV in Edinburg, Texas hehe. Not significant at all, but kinda moderately interesting. 

FudgyDocker
3 minutes ago, BroDrTime said:

Maybe if you contact 'The SaleRoom' you can get a  reward.

I already sent them a message suggesting that they may want to get a Rolex AD to check it out, as it doesn't seem quite right.

• Like 1

Howitzer
2 minutes ago, BroDrTime said:

Maybe if you contact 'The SaleRoom' you can get a  reward. For example, I've sold shoes on Mercari, it's like a Poshmark app. But because I have a history with replica sneakers I'm able to catch frauds on the app that try to sell reps as gen, this is a big deal in the sneaker world, and unfortunately, many people get scammed daily. When I am able to get a sale taken down because it's clearly a replica, that if you have an eye for it, you just know, especially when you pretty much memorize each batch flaws from the leading factories. I will get anywhere from 10-20$ reward, not all the time but sometimes is fine by me! You gotta find a way to save that poor guy or gal that's about to spend 3k on what they think is the genuine article. 

Yeah, I already emailed them, more because I think it's really poor form for an auction house (from what I understand The Saleroom just host auctions online from different houses) to allow a patently fake watch to even make it to the auction in the first place rather than as a good deed to prevent a moron from getting fleeced and buying a moody Rolex. Still, if they want to put me on a retainer then please expect many more posts in this section :D 

• Like 1

BroDrTime

Haha, that's the way! It would be nice to earn some extra scratch by catching replicas, they would really appreciate that I think. Good on you guys! 

Adit
2 hours ago, BroDrTime said:

Haha, that's the way! It would be nice to earn some extra scratch by catching replicas, they would really appreciate that I think. Good on you guys! 

Woohoo, I'm going to be in the money here! There's a place I know which is full of them.....:lol:

• Like 1

wobble44

Wow that is very worrying. I have actually bid on watches on that auction site before (luckily I didn’t win any!).

I will be avoiding completely in the future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk