Sign in to follow this  
ThinkBachs

It would be nice to be able to hide Section 8 and Gulag Sections from showing up...

powderfreak

How about this:

If we all strengthen our efforts to post more watch-related, valuable info on the forum, there is noo need to worry about what's going on inside the sec8 or gulag.

I agree to what ska said, but JohnG has also made a point: Some of that "stuff" is really boring, impolite and senseless, but I still don't see a need for more mod intervention or other changes. Let's just all try to focus on watches and the occasional bullshit is not going to worry too much, right?

Brightlight

I tend to agree with what JohnG says, which proves he sometimes does talk sense :D

onzenuub

I posted watch related threads and I posted section 8 threads. The onliest thread that has a lot of views is the Best Rep reviews database, the section 8 threads did get the most response.

Balad1

The Interntional Titties thread has almost 8.5K views so what does that mean?

JohnG

It mean's Onze's winkie is sore.

onzenuub

Nope wasn't me with that little problem. :)

dingle

:);):rofl:

powderfreak

Success?

onzenuub

What the point is:

IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO SEE WHAT IS IN SECTION 8, DO NOT, YES: DO NO OPEN THREADS THAT ARE POSTED IN SECTION 8

Balad1

Success?

According to the Legion it means a lot of us are going to hell in a hand basket.

What the point is:

IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO SEE WHAT IS IN SECTION 8, DO NOT, YES: DO NO OPEN THREADS THAT ARE POSTED IN SECTION 8

But what would they whine and PM about otherwise?

onzenuub
What the point is:

powderfreak

Success?

According to the Legion it means a lot of us are going to hell in a hand basket.

Cool, can I go there by car? I hate going somewhere without my car, you know...

onzenuub
What the point is:

sconehead

You do all realise that the whole contentious thread/keep it in the Gulag/Section 8 thing has been done in an attempt to thwart the general bad atmosphere that's been floating around certain areas of the board lately? Just by saying 'don't look at the threads there' doesn't make this go away now...does it?

Also, while we all have differing thoughts of what is and isn't acceptable, there's always been a balanced mix to suit all tastes in the past...lately that balance seems to me at least, to have tipped to one side. Simply moving it to Sec 8 doesn't cure the problem, we have to use some common sense, in effect 'self-moderate' so to speak...

This place is about watches and fun...some of the stuff lately, allowed because we are an open forum with little moderation, are, if we're all honest boys, really no fun at all...sometimes it's better to bite your tongue for the good of this place instead of going off at the slightest provocation...I know that's what I do from time to time...it's not that hard...:lol:

onzenuub

The thread about Jimmy getting his watch is what's it really about in here. That shows most of us are good guys, except of course one monkey. :lol:

kan3

Next time when posting pics in section 8, make sure the girls are wearing watches.

onzenuub
Next time when posting pics in section 8, make sure the girls are wearing watches.

Why?

sconehead
The thread about Jimmy getting his watch is what's it really about in here. That shows most of us are good guys, except of course one monkey. :daffy:

...bites tongue...

:lol:

Why?

...how many watches?

onzenuub

Why?

...how many watches?

And where?

Aren

I just got home from work a short while ago. I am not really sure what has been happening. I was gone for 10 or 11 days and things seemed to get very strange by the time I returned.

Even ATM I just spent more time on the phone when I could have been reading this thread. I hope I understand the issues correctly.

I have a suggestion. I don't care if it is taken or left. I happen to like the forum the way it is, but it seems like things are not going smoothly. I don't like regulation and the whole "contentious thread" thing I returned to find seems not to be working. Anything can be contentious, especially here. The term "contentious" is misleading. If there is regulation (which I am not advocating in this post) it must be clear, concise and unambiguous. It cannot be misleading or over broad. Regulations need the least restrictive means to accomplish a legitimate objective. The term "contentious" is subject to too much interpretation and has no standards or guidelines. It's all subjective. It is vague, ambiguous and over broad. Adm/mods will go crazy trying to make determinations on an ad hoc basis.

I am not really concerned about Section 8, but sometimes I think I miss things by not visiting there much. There are great jokes and laughs and banter there and I should visit there more often. I don't care about the T&A. I don't like or dislike it, I am just not very interested in it. My figure is what would be considered "stacked" and I have a mirror. T&A holds no appeal for me, but I understand it for you guys. Sorry no pictures Onze :)

I feel bad for adm/mods being made crazy. They provide so much and ask so little. I don't know if anyone has been complaining, but if they don't like it, they can read Onze thread. The problem I see is that often when I sign on the top 3-4 topics in recent topics are Section 8, and not the joke threads, etc, but the nudity threads.

Personally, I am not misled about recent topics. I know I can click "View New Posts" and find something I am interested in reading or seeing. Some members, especially new members won't realize the threads are adult content, because the term "contentious" is too vague. The other thing I notice is that many of the bumps I see in the nudity posts are not from the VIP members. I find the VIP members to be more interested in watches even if they have other interests too. I am not opposed to nudity AT ALL, but there are always those who may be offended.

I know it would be a huge problem to sift through Section 8 for nudity threads/posts and it would be a logistically impossible task to segregate the nudity. It would also be a shame to place Section 8 in the VIP area and deprive the general membership of the joke threads, etc.

My suggestion is: For a short period of time, adm could request that topics involving nudity be posted only in the VIP members area. See if voluntary compliance will work and if it does, then there is no regulating for adm/mods to do. If this works then past posts could be moved in stages. The rest of Section 8...jokes, stories, scantily clad bodies, TFYT, etc can continue on in Section 8. See if voluntary compliance is successful. Just ask members who wish to post actual nudity to post only in the VIP area. If members complied there would be no need for regulation.

In terms of what is contentious, what you have here is essentially the situation with the Washington Memorial dancing/kissing thread. At what point does something go from being ok to not being ok. I was just back from being away from the forum and read that post with interest, but did not join the discussion. Here is how this topic and that subject are the same. The subject matter is different, but the analysis, reasoning, standards and guidelines are instructive...

In the Monument situation, most members were horrified that one person was not allowed to dance at a Washington Memorial. Forget the aspect of "public exhibition" which was not discussed on that thread. Also forget that in that thread that there is a difference between "public property" and "government property which public is permitted by privilege to access."

Is one person dancing ok? - seems ok doesn't it?

Are 10 people dancing ok? - perhaps.

Are a hundred people dancing ok? - no.

Are a thousand people dancing ok - NFW.

If you follow a regulation from the minimum to the maximum and find that the maximum is unacceptable than the minimum is called for in regulation. If not, you establish a precedent for what will later become unacceptable. In general - What applies to one needs to be applied to all. The same thing applies to the kissing. Is kissing ok? ... ... ... Is an orgy ok?

Now, with the Washington example in mind, ask yourself what is "contentious" and in regulating that you will have TCLKC none of us want.

Why not try the voluntary compliance by asking that nudity be confined to the VIP area. You will have done as much as possible to eliminate children and easily offended others from viewing and you won't be offending sensitive people or ladies and kids looking for presents for Dad, husband or boyfriend. If requested voluntary compliance is workable, no regulation is needed.

In the alternative, please have a plan for the potential day in the future when RWG's hosting privileges may be revoked or suspended because some complete jackass creates a problem.

Just my thoughts...please excuse me if I am not up to speed on the discussion.

All the Best to everyone

JohnG

I don't view the nudity threads, but if they end up in some special sequestered VIP-only net-nanny subforum, you all will have seen the last of me.

The problem isn't the contentious thread label, so far the mods haven't even had to use it once.

The problem NOW is people who don't like seeing the recent topics box populated by Sec8 threads.

I should rephrase that. The PROBLEM is people who are offended by the idea that there are offensive threads, even if they don't view them.

This is getting so incredibly old. If Onze and I want to be silly and post dozens of nested quotes or Balad wants to post a boobies thread... GET OVER IT. Go to General Discussion and let us have fun without all the fucking whining, for the fucking LOVE OF GOD.

nunu78

+1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

111 to Ska

Fiddo
What I'm having a problem with is the unpleasantness that is creeping into altogether too many threads lately. We all love a good argument and traditionally they've been a lot of fun here, but they've been getting downright nasty recently - and that is what kills online communities (I speak from bitter and extensive personal experience).

This is creating a whole different "feel" to this board. It's not a good "feel" either.

Aren

I misunderstood the intention of this thread and was looking for a middle ground.

I thought the intent was to place Section 8 and Gulag in the VIP area.

I think just keeping Section 8 and even the Gulag out of the Recent Topics is a great idea.

That way, anyone wanting to do so would have to go to those threads to access them.

New people would not be able to just stumble on them and not know what they are in recent topics.

I don't really understand what has been going on here while I was away.

There does seem to be a certain feel of hostility in some of the threads I looked at.

I hope this will just blow over and things will resume as normal.

I don't have much forum experience, but I hope that any nastiness or unpleasantness ceases.

It harms everyone and serves no one.

All the best to everyone

wat44

Im taking Aren off ignore now