billywhiz

I see the Daylight....Its back. EL v1 196

billywhiz

Well here she is sweeping smooth again.

Known as the 'EL' (eddie lee)  version 1 pam 196.  44mm Luminor.

Purchased in 05' from Jos Nana, this was a modified 7750.  The case & dial have been known as one of the top 196 reps to ever have been made, there are a few tell tales but otherwise the height,weight, etc are pretty spot on. Lume is not great and can be addressed, the latter DSN dial was meant to be the best mod to get these looking near perfect.  There are a lot of archive threads on these across the diff rep forums. The casebacks are 'G' series datestamped.

The version 1's at the time came in modded 7750 & the TD's who got these could offer a true eta7753, whilst costly, there are a handfull out there. If I remember the 7753 offerings were around $700 back in 05'.

The v1 cases were also sought after as they can be 7753 modded too.

After a few years of constant wear, the original 7750 gave up. I sourced another, had it fitted by a B&M watchsmith but sadly this died around mid 2009...

Where it remained in a drawer, forgotten about until Jan this year when I found it in a box again.  I sourced a 7753 mvt and with much apprehension it was passed to @ROLIE to work his magic.

Magic indeed was done and with a couple of hiccups ( I had supplied a high beat mvt, old was low beat ) and old mvt was in bad shape.  The hands on the subdials will need replacing at some point as I'd like to get them done.  Despite all this, Rolie has got this all functioning and operating perfect.

Also thanks to @Simonix for sending me (f.o.c may I add) over pam bracelets parts so I could swap out a few links to the existing braclet. Top man.

A few pics. Its my 'bagpuss' watch.  Bit battered, bit scratched, bit beaten up but I love it. Oh and its a heavy bugger, you know when this is on your wrist..

Thx for looking.

fa2qW.jpg

faATS.jpg

faLbQ.jpg

fa5UL.jpg

faUBR.jpg

faWR8.jpg

faihK.jpg

• Like 4

jhdscript

PAM356 is one of my favorite chronograph. Daylight are awesome !

• Like 1

whitegold79

Lovely classic

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Simonix

It's a beauty mate!

Congrats on getting back up and running.

Sounds like you have a history together, so I will guess that it won't be arriving through my letterbox anytime soon! haha!

Health to enjoy.

• Like 1

kuntrol7

Very nice looks great on bracelet enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice looks great on bracelet enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk