Tagyourit

A7750 then and now?

Tagyourit

Question that I'm nervous to ask..

I have a very old HBB King that's ran like a champ for years. It's a 48mm number no longer made as a rep. The movement is getting a bit dodgy. 

Now the HBB K is a center seconds with datewheel number, but the specs said it ran with an asian 7750..

Is it just possible to do a movement swap with an asian 7750 off of Ali? Or are there demons under the caseback I don't know about?

Cheers 

Rx4Time

It's a modified 7750 so you need one with subdials at 3-6-9 .  They have them on eBay as well as DHgate.   Just be sure you're getting the correct layout. Personally, I'd just have the existing one serviced.  

Tagyourit

I would love to have my existing one serviced, but, after using every search term imaginable on this board, I've read threads concluding that nobody in Canada does service except one place in Vancouver who charges about the same amount as a new rep costs. :(

Bill_C

Do you have any friends in the States? You could maybe jump over the boarder, ship it to one of our rep friendly servicers in the states and then have it shipped backed to your friend... then you can just pick up your serviced watch AND you get to hangout with your friend for an afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GenTLe
4 hours ago, Rx4Time said:

It's a modified 7750 so you need one with subdials at 3-6-9 .  They have them on eBay as well as DHgate.   Just be sure you're getting the correct layout. Personally, I'd just have the existing one serviced.  

No, it's not that one. The HBB King had a very special 7750 running (always) the central hand as running second and doesn't have any chrono function. Basically something like an ETA 2824. There's nothing like that on ALI or anywhere else.

Only way to fix it is to service it. It should be much easier than a standard chrono 7750 being it a date/time only (similar to the 7750 non chrono based Panerai, but while those are normal 7750 with removed chrono parts, this is a bit different since it has no running sec at 9 and the running second is in the center):

731.NX.1190.RX.jpg

• Like 1

Tagyourit

Gentle nailed it. It is centre seconds, no chrono, just date, 48 mm, just like the one he posted, but not as hideous  ;)

Where does one locate US rep services? With the new US Canada trade agreement, non commercial mail and packages are pretty smooth sailing..

Mary Watch

it should be this movement, but i can't assure, this is long time  model.

5fer8Qz.png

m6v3u5P.png

4494bsi.png

Tagyourit
15 minutes ago, Mary Watch said:

it should be this movement, but i can't assure, this is long time  model.

5fer8Qz.png

m6v3u5P.png

4494bsi.png

Mary that's the exact one!!! Do you know where I could get the movement or even get it serviced in China?

Bill_C

There are quite a few stateside repair places. Reach out to@oascom to see if he'll service it.

Genius

Is it the same as the  movement they put in the Chopard Miglia Ultimate reps ?

For some reason got it in my head that was a 7750 based movement but a 3 hander?

If it is then I actually have one I was planning to use in a project for some time but then never used

Genius
4 minutes ago, Genius said:

Is it the same as the  movement they put in the Chopard Miglia Ultimate reps ?

For some reason got it in my head that was a 7750 based movement but a 3 hander?

If it is then I actually have one I was planning to use in a project for some time but then never used

Actually just checked and it is the Valgranges movement so the 3 hander based on ETA / Valjoux 7750 fuck knows if it would fit your watch though

Tagyourit
1 hour ago, Bill_C said:

There are quite a few stateside repair places. Reach out to@oascom to see if he'll service it.

Thanks! I sent him a PM

Mary Watch
16 hours ago, Tagyourit said:

Mary that's the exact one!!! Do you know where I could get the movement or even get it serviced in China?

this watch case is broken , it is no useful for me any more. if u want the movement, price is $65 for u. movement run well.   

• Like 3

Tagyourit

I'll send you an email :)

billywhiz
12 hours ago, Mary Watch said:

this watch case is broken , it is no useful for me any more. if u want the movement, price is $65 for u. movement run well.   

Brilliant from Mary

:)

Tagyourit

Billywhiz,

It sure is. I started ordering my watches from her last year, and she has taken great care of me. She's now the only one I will buy from just because she is the very best of the best