Sign in to follow this  
gottahaverolex

Swap em all!!!

gottahaverolex

I decided that as happy as I am with all my new H factory PAMs visually, these shitty 6497'a they decided to chuck in them are not worth the trouble of fixing constantly. They just feel cheap and sub par quality to even the movements in Roberts $99 113 I have. For what we paid for these ultimate PAMs they should have the movements to match the quality of the over all watch. They do not, so I decided to swap all my new PAMs over to the new Platinum plated highbeat 6497's that are hot off the presses. I found that Mary has them cheaper then anyone at RWI and from what I have read are all from the same maker. I ordered 3 of them at $90 each. This was not easy for me to do because of how much I had just spent on the watches themselves. I figured it's an investment in these PAMs and I hope that with servicing these ultimate versions will last as long as any gen. I'm going to see if I have the patients to take pictures of the movement swaps (doing them myself) as these movements have the new tall cannon pinion and shouldn't need any modding to swap dial and hands right over. I'm not making any promises but I'm due for a tutorial thread after being here for over three years. I'll post pics of the movents when they arrive. That's all for now!

Balad1

Hey Bro, Let me know how you convince your wife that spending more is a good investment. My bride doesn't believe me when I try that line, lol.

houndoggie
I decided that as happy as I am with all my new H factory PAMs visually, these shitty 6497'a they decided to chuck in them are not worth the trouble of fixing constantly. They just feel cheap and sub par quality to even the movements in Roberts $99 113 I have. For what we paid for these ultimate PAMs they should have the movements to match the quality of the over all watch. They do not, so I decided to swap all my new PAMs over to the new Platinum plated highbeat 6497's that are hot off the presses. I found that Mary has them cheaper then anyone at RWI and from what I have read are all from the same maker. I ordered 4 of them at $90 each. This was not easy for me to do because of how much I had just spent on the watches themselves. I figured it's an investment in these PAMs and I hope that with servicing these ultimate versions will last as long as any gen. I'm going to see if I have the patients to take pictures of the movement swaps (doing them myself) as these movements have the new tall cannon pinion and shouldn't need any modding to swap dial and hands right over. I'm not making any promises but I'm due for a tutorial thread after being here for over three years. I'll post pics of the movents when they arrive. That's all for now!

For the closed case back ones, why not get a sterile 18 jewel a6497 with swan neck regulator and h3 pin on eBay for $45?

gottahaverolex
I decided that as happy as I am with all my new H factory PAMs visually, these shitty 6497'a they decided to chuck in them are not worth the trouble of fixing constantly. They just feel cheap and sub par quality to even the movements in Roberts $99 113 I have. For what we paid for these ultimate PAMs they should have the movements to match the quality of the over all watch. They do not, so I decided to swap all my new PAMs over to the new Platinum plated highbeat 6497's that are hot off the presses. I found that Mary has them cheaper then anyone at RWI and from what I have read are all from the same maker. I ordered 4 of them at $90 each. This was not easy for me to do because of how much I had just spent on the watches themselves. I figured it's an investment in these PAMs and I hope that with servicing these ultimate versions will last as long as any gen. I'm going to see if I have the patients to take pictures of the movement swaps (doing them myself) as these movements have the new tall cannon pinion and shouldn't need any modding to swap dial and hands right over. I'm not making any promises but I'm due for a tutorial thread after being here for over three years. I'll post pics of the movents when they arrive. That's all for now!

It was just easier to get them a from Mary in one shot. Stupid reasoning I know...

For the closed case back ones, why not get a sterile 18 jewel a6497 with swan neck regulator and h3 pin on eBay for $45?

houndoggie

It was just easier to get them a from Mary in one shot. Stupid reasoning I know...

The seller is in the USA.

gottahaverolex
Hey Bro, Let me know how you convince your wife that spending more is a good investment. My bride doesn't believe me when I try that line, lol.

Uh...my wife just asked to read the long paragraph she just saw me type. I let her read it and she just walked out of the room. So there's your answer.

Member X

hahahaha :lmao2: