thepinkninja

UK Natwest Fraud warning buying from puretimewatch.io

thepinkninja

Hello folks,

I'm totally new here and to the world of watches in general. Sorry to start it all off with a question but....

I tried to order an Omega Seamaster replica from puretimewatch.io yesterday using my mums card on my account as she wanted to get it for me as a birthday/xmas pressie. We confirmed the text code in the order process online and it said your purchase has been authorised (on the natwest payment confirmation screen that is). But 20 minutes later she received another text from Natwest saying the order had been declined.

This morning she woke up to automated calls on her mobile and landline from Natwest saying that the Fraud team are trying to contact her and to call them back.

Has anyone else had this issue? if so, what did you do to get sorted?

We're both with Natwest so imagine will have this issue no matter which of us puts the order in.

Thank you for any advice.

BadApple

The UK (and other countries banks)  work to protect you in respect of transactions related to China. 

It's not because the dealer is a scam it's a security checking issue to protect the account holder - simply say it's OK and they will let it go through.

• Like 1

Botsywatch

This is normal. I’m a NatWest customer too and had this with Puretime. Confirm the transaction is intended and genuine and it will be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

thepinkninja

Thank you both very much. We shall do that!

I figured it was exactly the case but since it's dear old mum just wanted to check rather than be so blaise about it as I would have been if it was mine.

deju

RBS UK shits a brick if you try to use western union online. 

Adit
32 minutes ago, thepinkninja said:

Thank you both very much. We shall do that!

I figured it was exactly the case but since it's dear old mum just wanted to check rather than be so blaise about it as I would have been if it was mine.

Glad to hear that your Mum's mind can be put at rest. So can we assume that you'll now become a fully paid-up VIP member (optional) on this wonderful, friendly and extremely helpful forum? ;)

• Like 1

Intresting
57 minutes ago, thepinkninja said:

Hello folks,

I'm totally new here and to the world of watches in general. Sorry to start it all off with a question but....

I tried to order an Omega Seamaster replica from puretimewatch.io yesterday using my mums card on my account as she wanted to get it for me as a birthday/xmas pressie. We confirmed the text code in the order process online and it said your purchase has been authorised (on the natwest payment confirmation screen that is). But 20 minutes later she received another text from Natwest saying the order had been declined.

This morning she woke up to automated calls on her mobile and landline from Natwest saying that the Fraud team are trying to contact her and to call them back.

Has anyone else had this issue? if so, what did you do to get sorted?

We're both with Natwest so imagine will have this issue no matter which of us puts the order in.

Thank you for any advice.

You been given valuable and friendly advice.  VIP subscription should be in order mate :beer3:

• Like 1

GingerApple
58 minutes ago, Adit said:

So can we assume that you'll now become a fully paid-up VIP member?

45 minutes ago, Intresting said:

VIP subscription should be in order mate :beer3:

It's probably best to send these messages to his mum.....

• Like 2

Adit
5 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

It's probably best to send these messages to his mum.....

Got any photos first, Ginge?

GingerApple
On 26/07/2020 at 11:59, Adit said:

Got any photos first, Ginge?

Sure. This is after we'd just finished making Glazed Donuts. You can see she's just finished gobbling one.

• Like 1