Thommo82

New gen: Victorinox INOX automatic

k3rm87

Looks awesome @Thommo82!

I'm sure it can take a beating too! 

Thommo82
57 minutes ago, deju said:

Absence makes the heart grow fonder?! Is that your excuse for being MIA?! :lol:

I have to say I’m a fan of the textured dial with the blue, the way it hits the light is superb. 

whats the current rep to gen collection percentage? I really fear you have gone full gen wanker :Hug:

FULL GEN WANKER FUCKFACE SNOB ASSHOLE DICKHEAD COOONT!

26 gen, two more arriving this week (hopefully)

5 (box queen) reps. 

Sky factory sub. My first rep, holding onto it for dumb sentimental reasons.

Omega Seamaster 300. Still got it cos I scratched the crystal and it probably wouldn’t sell. 

POS Omega pumpkin. POS Patek calatrava. POS Rolex YM. 

I would never throw a watch out. So they get held on to. 

54 minutes ago, simey83 said:

Always loved the look of these! And they seem really well built. Lovely pick-up mate.

Cheers

Issa fookin’ tank brah

42 minutes ago, RussP said:

And, why not?

I guess I said it so well that others just wanted to compliment me, right?

4 minutes ago, k3rm87 said:

Looks awesome @Thommo82!

I'm sure it can take a beating too! 

I bet it can, but I’ve got other watches to beat up. I’ll be nice to this one 

NFleischer
On 04/08/2020 at 04:56, Del said:

Congrats! It’s a great watch. I’ve had a couple of quartz INOX models and they really have wrist presence.

Love the blue dial!

Enjoy! :woo: 

Yes, me too. Cool watches and good value.

Congrats!

GC

A real good looking watch, wish I didn’t have the same wrist size as my sister... 

Thommo82
2 hours ago, GC said:

A real good looking watch, wish I didn’t have the same wrist size as my sister... 

My wrist is 6.5 inches, I can get away with it.

If it helps, case is 43mm, Lug to lug is 52mm

FunnyStarSystem

This is Victoria btw:

284618?1

You're Welcome.

http://db.pr.keystone-sda.ch/it/object/284618

Nice pick-up. What I recall about Victorinox is they used to sell in the army/navy stores around town, along with the knives. And you could also get them in the gift shop at ski lodges in Colorado and out West. I remember getting one as a teenager in Squaw Valley CA and then promptly losing it to a pine tree on a black diamond run.

These were the Swatch before there was a Swatch.

Good Times.

rickyrick

Nice

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G986B met Tapatalk

bdnica
On 04/08/2020 at 03:41, Thommo82 said:

Yep, zero femininity points gained wearing this beast. 
ETA 2824-2 powered

Personally I would t have bought it if it was solar powered, but each to their own. 
They do a quartz version in many different colours and strap options too 

Ahhhh, but the beast gains points and develops additional cred when rocked by the fairer sex.  The Nica Ninja told me 'yellow is the new blue', and wanted something with yellow.   Have always admired Victorinox and owned many over the years.  Their new FieldForce line of chronos looked pretty cool in print but even nicer in the wild.   I saw this one at a Duty Free on the way home.  The strap it came with failed to impress, so put a Barton silicone with yellow highlights and she was a VERY happy chica... it's the only watch she's worn since acquired.  And they truly are well built, nicely finished and their designs continue to improve.  It's a pretty macho watch, but it looks killer on her.   

So major thumbs up @Thommo82 !  Well played!

EFC96-E02-4-F50-49-DF-B592-8-A1831520-AD  38-B778-C4-A2-BE-40-B2-99-BE-65-B8-BE7-B

Thommo82
2 hours ago, bdnica said:

Ahhhh, but the beast gains points and develops additional cred when rocked by the fairer sex.  The Nica Ninja told me 'yellow is the new blue', and wanted something with yellow.   Have always admired Victorinox and owned many over the years.  Their new FieldForce line of chronos looked pretty cool in print but even nicer in the wild.   I saw this one at a Duty Free on the way home.  The strap it came with failed to impress, so put a Barton silicone with yellow highlights and she was a VERY happy chica... it's the only watch she's worn since acquired.  And they truly are well built, nicely finished and their designs continue to improve.  It's a pretty macho watch, but it looks killer on her.   

EFC96-E02-4-F50-49-DF-B592-8-A1831520-AD  38-B778-C4-A2-BE-40-B2-99-BE-65-B8-BE7-B

That strap combo is spot on mate. 
The INOX comes in a ladies size too actually. 36-37mm something like that. 
Judging by those pics though, the Ninja could pull off the 43mm no worries 

• Like 1

bdnica
On 05/10/2020 at 19:40, bdnica said:

On 05/10/2020 at 22:12, Thommo82 said:

That strap combo is spot on mate. 
The INOX comes in a ladies size too actually. 36-37mm something like that. 
Judging by those pics though, the Ninja could pull off the 43mm no worries 

Thanks @Thommo82, I liked the strap swap out too.  But she overruled and went with a NATO.   Approve or disapprove? 

ECD183-C7-DFFD-4-F34-995-A-E69500-D230-B

0-DC44-C97-2-DB0-45-D7-AAAD-282-F61272-C

Thommo82
2 hours ago, bdnica said:

Thanks @Thommo82, I liked the strap swap out too.  But she overruled and went with a NATO.   Approve or disapprove? 

ECD183-C7-DFFD-4-F34-995-A-E69500-D230-B

0-DC44-C97-2-DB0-45-D7-AAAD-282-F61272-C

Just my personal opinion, but I’m not a NATO fan. I’ve tried, God I’ve tried, but have never found wearing a NATO appealing.

I do like the look of them, just not on my wrist

bdnica
2 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

Just my personal opinion, but I’m not a NATO fan. I’ve tried, God I’ve tried, but have never found wearing a NATO appealing.

I do like the look of them, just not on my wrist

For a long time I felt like you... they just didn't seem right.  Then I put one on a Fortis B-42 GMT and it became like an addiction.  I probably have 30-35 NATOs in the watch section of my office.  I'd swap them out daily sometimes.  But about 6 months ago, I started putting the bracelets back on most of my pieces.  I still like the Barton Silicon offerings for dive watches, but I'm now back in bracelet phase.

But my wife is just recently become a NATO junkie (you know how it is with junkies....  ), and loves this one.  And I think this one looks really good on her.  It would NOT look good on me.  

Thommo82
On 07/12/2020 at 06:33, bdnica said:

For a long time I felt like you... they just didn't seem right.  Then I put one on a Fortis B-42 GMT and it became like an addiction.  I probably have 30-35 NATOs in the watch section of my office.  I'd swap them out daily sometimes.  But about 6 months ago, I started putting the bracelets back on most of my pieces.  I still like the Barton Silicon offerings for dive watches, but I'm now back in bracelet phase.

But my wife is just recently become a NATO junkie (you know how it is with junkies....  ), and loves this one.  And I think this one looks really good on her.  It would NOT look good on me.  

I admit it really suits the watch and does look good on the Ninjas wrist. 
For me, the NATO’s look good from above, but once I turn my wrist it looks so damn flat and unappealing (to me).

I just can’t....