Thommo82

New gen: Victorinox INOX automatic

Thommo82

New watch day! Don’t you just fucking love new watch day! Especially when you had to wait 3 months for back order.... absence makes the heart grow fonder right?

Anyway, this one has been on my list for ages, and I finally pulled the trigger when jomashop had a good deal in them. 
For a biggish watch it wears very well. The bracelet end links are straight (similar to a Breitling chronomat) and wrap directly around the wrist without pushing out at all. I haven’t weighed it but it is definitely quite hefty, I’m not going to forget that it’s on my wrist any time soon. 
Fantastic brushing on the Stainless steel with just the hexagonal bezel getting the polished treatment. 
Great depth on the dial with applied markers that cut into the steep chapter ring. The dial plays with the light very well, almost looking black in low light, can seem quite matt in some lights and other times the pyramid textured dial just pops right out. 
Date font is super crisp and sharp and the extremely well protected crown operates ultra smoothly. 
All removable links are half links and with three micro adjustments on the extendable clasp it was easy to get the perfect fit. Lume isn’t terrible either. 

Here’s a few pics for you to salivate over. 

06Eps.jpg 067i3.jpg 06NGY.png 06fLD.png 06F8k.png 06G7o.png 060zJ.png 06bYP.png 08DGR.png 06ciQ.jpg

She’s finally here @brang1

Took long enough, but was worth the wait

• Like 4

RussP

Congrats Reuben!

And thanks for sharing your acquisition with the forum.

Thommo82
2 minutes ago, RussP said:

Congrats Reuben!

And thanks for sharing your acquisition with the forum.

Thanks mate, I have an even better watch arriving later this week....

Stay tuned 

brang1
On 04/08/2020 at 16:56, Thommo82 said:

what a ripper watch, congrats mate

Thommo82
3 minutes ago, brang1 said:

what a ripper watch, congrats mate

Thanks mate 

She really is a beaut

brang1

new watch day for me too can't decide which one to wear 

31a970cd9543ea0c332c7b96cd153cac.png

• Like 3

Thommo82
13 minutes ago, brang1 said:

Both fair chooses, but I’d go for the hand drawn on tape for a Tuesday. It’s hipster cool

Intresting
19 minutes ago, brang1 said:

If I can like this twice I would.. cool colours, and its soo THIN.  what.  0.03mm?  how do you slide a movement in a case like that?

1 hour ago, Thommo82 said:

New watch day! Don’t you just fucking love new watch day! Especially when you had to wait 3 months for back order.... absence makes the heart grow fonder right?

Anyway, this one has been on my list for ages, and I finally pulled the trigger when jomashop had a good deal in them. 
For a biggish watch it wears very well. The bracelet end links are straight (similar to a Breitling chronomat) and wrap directly around the wrist without pushing out at all. I haven’t weighed it but it is definitely quite hefty, I’m not going to forget that it’s on my wrist any time soon. 
Fantastic brushing on the Stainless steel with just the hexagonal bezel getting the polished treatment. 
Great depth on the dial with applied markers that cut into the steep chapter ring. The dial plays with the light very well, almost looking black in low light, can seem quite matt in some lights and other times the pyramid textured dial just pops right out. 
Date font is super crisp and sharp and the extremely well protected crown operates ultra smoothly. 
All removable links are half links and with three micro adjustments on the extendable clasp it was easy to get the perfect fit. Lume isn’t terrible either. 

Here’s a few pics for you to salivate over. 

06Eps.jpg 067i3.jpg 06NGY.png 06fLD.png 06F8k.png 06G7o.png 060zJ.png 06bYP.png 08DGR.png 06ciQ.jpg

Dang, now I know where the Nautilus borrowed their design cues from.   Lovely watch.   So, can I have the Oris now?  I can coast down to the GC this weekend and pick it up?   

• Like 2

brang1
10 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

Both fair chooses, but I’d go for the hand drawn on tape for a Tuesday. It’s hipster cool

like your thinking, am drawn to the hand drawn on tape too. Covid Casual Cool "CCC"

Thommo82
6 minutes ago, Intresting said:

Dang, now I know where the Nautilus borrowed their design cues from.   Lovely watch.   So, can I have the Oris now?  I can coast down to the GC this weekend and pick it up?   

Thought the deal was I need to die from Corona virus first?

Love this INOX, it’s not able to be run over by a tank and keep on ticking like the quartz version, but damn, what a well made watch

GulfGT40

Very nice. Victorinox has been on my radar for a while now and with no incoming at the moment I think this is the motorvation  to do something about it. Enjoy yours...

• Like 1

Thommo82
4 minutes ago, brang1 said:

like your thinking, am drawn to the hand drawn on tape too. Covid Casual Cool "CCC"

Magnificent acronym 

Just now, GulfGT40 said:

Very nice. Victorinox has been on my radar for a while now and with no incoming at the moment I think this is the motorvation  to do something about it. Enjoy yours...

If you like this model, check jomashop, they should be in stock now, unless they are already sold out again. Came in at a touch more than $500USD with shipping, haven’t ever seen it cheaper 

• Like 1

Intresting
6 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

Thought the deal was I need to die from Corona virus first?

Mate.  You have more alcohol running through your veins than a hand sanitiser.  What chance does the virus have?     Besides, I can hear the Oris calling out to me "Come,  take me home..." 
Wait, or is that the mermaids that have ditched the coronavirus coasts of Greece for for our better shores?  Hmmmm

jhdscript

A very beautiful toolwatch :-)

NCRich

Nice watch.  Love blue.

Apparently all Aussies have to quote the whole damn post.

Del

Congrats! It’s a great watch. I’ve had a couple of quartz INOX models and they really have wrist presence.

Love the blue dial!

Enjoy! :woo: 

GingerApple

I like that! Very stylish indeed young Thommo, congrats!

Can I also just give a shout out to the people quoting the entire, lengthy, initial post. I'm on a mobile at the minute with a shit signal, so those hundreds of repeated photos were greatly appreciated. Cunts. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Jasonbaylee

Wow that dial is stunning!
Masculine angular bezel n rugged bracelet design

I love the overall design!
Great if it is solar powered Hahahaha

Wear it well

• Like 1

Thommo82
1 hour ago, Intresting said:

Mate.  You have more alcohol running through your veins than a hand sanitiser.  What chance does the virus have?     Besides, I can hear the Oris calling out to me "Come,  take me home..." 
Wait, or is that the mermaids that have ditched the coronavirus coasts of Greece for for our better shores?  Hmmmm

I can’t deny your claims.....

I also can’t give you my Oris.

I guess it’s a win/lose situation mate

1 hour ago, jhdscript said:

A very beautiful toolwatch :-)

Many thanks kind sir

37 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Nice watch.  Love blue.

At first I thought Dave47 was commenting...

35 minutes ago, Del said:

Congrats! It’s a great watch. I’ve had a couple of quartz INOX models and they really have wrist presence.

Love the blue dial!

Enjoy! :woo: 

Thanks mate

I recall an INOX you had with the markers on the bezel. Definitely has wrist presence, I’m guessing it’s my heaviest watch too

17 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I like that! Very stylish indeed young Thommo, congrats!

Can I also just give a shout out to the people quoting the entire, lengthy, initial post. I'm on a mobile at the minute with a shit signal, so those hundreds of repeated photos were greatly appreciated. Cunts. :thumbsup:

Name and shame!

NAME AND SHAME!!!

NAAAMMMEE AND SSHHHAAAAAAMMMEEEE!!!!!

• Like 2

Thommo82
6 minutes ago, Jasonbaylee said:

Wow that dial is stunning!
Masculine angular bezel n rugged bracelet design

I love the overall design!
Great if it is solar powered Hahahaha

Wear it well

Yep, zero femininity points gained wearing this beast. 
ETA 2824-2 powered

Personally I would t have bought it if it was solar powered, but each to their own. 
They do a quartz version in many different colours and strap options too 

• Like 2

Jibuti
47 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Not only them... 

deju

Absence makes the heart grow fonder?! Is that your excuse for being MIA?! :lol:

I have to say I’m a fan of the textured dial with the blue, the way it hits the light is superb. 

whats the current rep to gen collection percentage? I really fear you have gone full gen wanker :Hug:

• Like 1

simey83

Always loved the look of these! And they seem really well built. Lovely pick-up mate.

Cheers

Intresting
54 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Nice watch.  Love blue.

like so?   :D

RussP
8 minutes ago, Intresting said:

like so?   :D

And, why not?