Dr_Mananga

OMF Planet Ocean Chonograph - Orange

Dr_Mananga

So, after too many years of cheapos I finally decided to man up and get myself a decent rep.   I've previously had two shitty versions of this model, one of them (a Turkish holiday special) is surprisingly still going strong after four years as a daily driver.

This one though is a step up alright.  The main difference is the subdials, they all work as per gen! 

The crystal is amazingly clear in comparison to the shitter.  The chrono pushers are slightly chunkier, more like the correct size to gen.  The lume is excellent, nice and bright with the correct blue/green in the correct places.  The transparent case-back makes this watch look like a superb piece of engineering.  The movement runs at 4Hz as complred to the 3Hz of the cheapo.

I know that VSF make the best PO reps right now, but they don't make chronos.  This watch is my real-life grail watch (yeah they're cheap enough, but two young kids are where my money goes), and I had to have the best rep I could get of this before I snagged any others.

The 9 and 3 markers are a little off, and the numerals on 12 are a bit wonky.  Visually though, it looks alright, not perfect, but definitely wearable.  I am a little paranoid about the A7750 movement, but I'm not fannying about with the chronograph, so hopefully I should get a little wear out of it before it craps the bed.

PS:  I'm not the best at taking photos on my phone, and I've not had a chance to get the DSLR out.  This is the best I could do right now.

V4tjse.jpg

• Like 1

nunu78

Nice, enjoy it often

• Like 1