Sign in to follow this  
vawatchguy

HERC?

vawatchguy

Has anyone here ever heard of or had a HERC brand watch? They seem to make Homage watches in a variety of styles. I am looking at their Navitimer the 225BUS as seen here http://www.hercwatch.com/en-us/products/he...WATCH%20225BUS/

They have another version of the same watch in Quarts under the "Glitterati" name. For some reason in is MORE money? Any idea why that might be? See it here...

http://www.hercwatch.com/en-us/products/gl...ATCH%202135BUS/

They are not chronographs the sub dials are day, month, and 24 hour. What do you guys think?

houndoggie
Has anyone here ever heard of or had a HERC brand watch? They seem to make Homage watches in a variety of styles. I am looking at their Navitimer the 225BUS as seen here http://www.hercwatch.com/en-us/products/he...WATCH%20225BUS/

They have another version of the same watch in Quarts under the "Glitterati" name. For some reason in is MORE money? Any idea why that might be? See it here...

http://www.hercwatch.com/en-us/products/gl...ATCH%202135BUS/

They are not chronographs the sub dials are day, month, and 24 hour. What do you guys think?

the quartz is a japanese movement with full chrono function, and probably is a more expensive movement. With a name like Glitterati, you can't lose!

gB.

First one has mineral crystal, second one has upgraded sapphire. First one is probably a 21j non-functional chrono movement, second one is a functional quartz chrono movement.

Read the descriptions FFS... :popcorn:

With a name like Glitterati, you can't lose!

Yes, it's a close cousin of the Blingeretti... :)

vawatchguy
First one has mineral crystal, second one has upgraded sapphire. First one is probabl a 21j non-functional chrono movement, second one is a functional quartz chrono movement.

Read the descriptions FFS... :)

I missed the mention of the crystal. As for the movement being name brand likely had something to do with it. I did not know that a functional quartz chrono would be more then a auto for any reason other then the brand name. Thanks for pointing the crystal out (Why did we need to start throwing the face palm around?) Anyway. Of these two if I was going to try one out which would you guys try? I know the name glitterati is absurd...I got a good laugh there as well.

greg_r
Of these two if I was going to try one out which would you guys try?

Neither one. Low end chinese junk with a re-labled dial. Waste of money.

gB.
Why did we need to start throwing the face palm around?

Because you were asking questions without fully reading the description, that's all. Just having a little fun with the new guy, no biggie. Too many noobs jump on here asking questions without doing a little reading. Not meaning to be "contentious" at all. :)

+1 to what Greg stated as well.

vawatchguy

Because you were asking questions without fully reading the description, that's all. Just having a little fun with the new guy, no biggie. Too many noobs jump on here asking questions without doing a little reading. Not meaning to be "contentious" at all. :)

I get it. I have been an old timer on a forum before! You are right, I should have read closer. So if I order a rep Navitimer I should expect honestly higher quality then just grabbing one of these?

greg_r

I get it. I have been an old timer on a forum before! You are right, I should have read closer. So if I order a rep Navitimer I should expect honestly higher quality then just grabbing one of these?

provided you don't order one of the cheap and nasty ones (which will be the same watch as these), yes. The upmarket (A7750) Navitimer isn't the perfect rep, but it's very nice indeed. Expect to pay around $300.

If, on the other hand, you want to stick with cheapies for now, there ARE decent reps around at $100 or less, but not really of this particular model. Best to stick to something without chronos at this level - even the quartz versions tend to be around the $130-$140 region for the good stuff.

vawatchguy

Because you were asking questions without fully reading the description, that's all. Just having a little fun with the new guy, no biggie. Too many noobs jump on here asking questions without doing a little reading. Not meaning to be "contentious" at all. :D

provided you don't order one of the cheap and nasty ones (which will be the same watch as these), yes. The upmarket (A7750) Navitimer isn't the perfect rep, but it's very nice indeed. Expect to pay around $300.

If, on the other hand, you want to stick with cheapies for now, there ARE decent reps around at $100 or less, but not really of this particular model. Best to stick to something without chronos at this level - even the quartz versions tend to be around the $130-$140 region for the good stuff.

Something more simple and mainstream like a Submariner would look better at a lower price point then?

greg_r

Because you were asking questions without fully reading the description, that's all. Just having a little fun with the new guy, no biggie. Too many noobs jump on here asking questions without doing a little reading. Not meaning to be "contentious" at all. :D

Something more simple and mainstream like a Submariner would look better at a lower price point then?

Oh yeah - plenty of good subs around at under $100. Same for other Rolex models and stuff like Panerai etc.