GenTLe

Here we are, another Watchfinder rep/gen video

GenTLe

This time they also speak about us (from min. 6) :)

Stufuse

Another one! I said last this is becoming a popular topic with this guy...

For that reason it’s been discussed this guy may or may not use or browsed the forums he never talked that in depth in his videos before. Often not mentioning things found by members on the fora and quoting incorrect prices for the replicas

Now listening to the last couple minutes of this video that’s all different (like you say). He mentions shape of lume plots as a limitation of production or a genuine mistake of the replicas producers. it’s certain he does or has been using the fora, noting ‘communities’ that discuss and catch discrepancies of the factory replicas to the genuine items providing feedback and people into the further modification of these replicas to make them more accurate, sometimes with genuine parts....

He makes a good point with his video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

jhdscript

nice video but we dont learn anything...

• Like 2

Mystery Shopper
1 hour ago, Stufuse said:

For that reason it’s been discussed this guy may or may not use or browsed the forums he never talked that in depth in his videos before.

Well, I can definitely say this guy is NOT @Del or @Chiquita Fanjita because he sounds nothing like them. 

This was our boys on the way to a GTG. :D

• Like 2

Jibuti

Yeah... Can hear Del clearly... 

Flinnt
22 minutes ago, Mystery Shopper said:

Well, I can definitely say this guy is NOT @Del or @Chiquita Fanjita because he sounds nothing like them. 

Haha what a crack up. “This way boys. I’ll show you...what the hell you stopping for? Let’s go.”

White rabbits love watches. 

b2V88.jpg

Artwork copyright matthewdunnart. 

BravoDelta

Great rep marketing video...now I want a gmt on a jubilee :facepalm:

Flinnt

Spot tonight’s theme. 

bAQCS.jpg

Bloody clickpix and iPhones not getting on with exif data. Sorry you’ll just have to turn your head. 

Edited by Flinnt

deju

Content is low... druring Lockdown buying $300 reps was a way to get cheap controversial content 

• Like 1

Chiquita Fanjita
5 hours ago, Mystery Shopper said:

You are right, that is definitely not @Del or myself.  The guy in the video sounds like a ponce! 

That rep Pepsi is on my list and looks so damn good when you see it side by side with the gen.  It's now climbed a few places higher to the top of the wanted list after seeing that.

How did you get the footage of the Glasgow Mafia coming back from the Yorkshire GTG???  That fucking rabbit was a cunt, as you can clearly hear @Del say in the video :rofl: 

Fantastic video @Mystery Shopper, it had me pissing myself laughing, as that I can relate so well with it :lol: 

@deju that is more like a $600 rep ;) 

• Like 1

splke
1 minute ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:
5 hours ago, Mystery Shopper said:

You are right, that is definitely not @Del or myself.  The guy in the video sounds like a ponce

Wasn't that sure mysen like :lol:

Chiquita Fanjita
10 minutes ago, splke said:

Wasn't that sure mysen like :lol:

I'm talking about the Watchfinder video mate not the rabbit chasers :lol: 

• Like 1

RepStripes212

As reps continue to etch closer to 1:1, I'm sure these publications are themselves scratching their heads at how they've been embroiled in a rat race for so long when aesthetics-wise, their grails are a day's pay.

What I mean by this, a lot of these guys start these publications or work for them precisely because they're deeply aspirational about watches and are so enmeshed with that desire that their means of getting to that level (of buying $10k+ gens) is to literally comment on watches for a living. That said, a lot of them seem to be reaching an epiphany of sorts as they not only see how good these reps are, but have to go through the research that entails acquiring them, which exposes them further to the thrill of our hobby. Like it sort of did for all of us, their cogs are turning as they see the (relative) futility in buying gen. I think they're making these videos almost to reassure themselves that they aren't one of us when in fact the rep bug has bitten them hard. 

Am I crazy for thinking this?

• Like 1

GenTLe
1 hour ago, RepStripes212 said:

As reps continue to etch closer to 1:1, I'm sure these publications are themselves scratching their heads at how they've been embroiled in a rat race for so long when aesthetics-wise, their grails are a day's pay.

What I mean by this, a lot of these guys start these publications or work for them precisely because they're deeply aspirational about watches and are so enmeshed with that desire that their means of getting to that level (of buying $10k+ gens) is to literally comment on watches for a living. That said, a lot of them seem to be reaching an epiphany of sorts as they not only see how good these reps are, but have to go through the research that entails acquiring them, which exposes them further to the thrill of our hobby. Like it sort of did for all of us, their cogs are turning as they see the (relative) futility in buying gen. I think they're making these videos almost to reassure themselves that they aren't one of us when in fact the rep bug has bitten them hard. 

In a way yes. But in this case, they (watchfinder, not the TD here but the registered company) are resellers, so they urge to do these videos like to say "see? If you don't buy from a reputable seller like us, you may end up with a fake".

• Like 1

Realism
2 hours ago, RepStripes212 said:

they see the (relative) futility in buying gen

What a load of...

Do you see the sports steel models being available due to these videos? That's your answer to the "futility" of buying in gen

Stufuse

Think that’s the point he was making.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk