Thommo82

Formex Essence Automatic Chronometer

Thommo82

So I’d had my eye on this watch for a little while now, watched many a YouTube video and did my research like a man (slightly) possessed. 

IMHO it seemed to be literally the best value for money watch on the market today, and when it arrived it did not disappoint even one iota.

Everything about this watch is on point, everything. 
43mm case, 22mm lugs that taper instantly to 20mm, 49mm lug to lug and only 10.5mm thick. 
The dial on this Chronometer version is not decorated with horizontal grooved lines, but when you catch the light on it just right, you spot the vertical brushing on the dial as well. 
Formex uses a patented case suspension system. The inside part of the case, bezel and movement can flex upwards a few mm’s and on a hot day, with a swollen wrist, if you bend your hand backwards it gives you that little bit of extra comfort. Very cool. 
Finishing on this Essence is beautiful, it’s easy to see the care taken when this watch was designed and put together. 
Bracelet, and all the strap options for that matter, are on a quick release system that’s easy to use and can be done without tools or hassle. 
The bracelet is the best I’ve ever handled, bar none. Every surface feels silky smooth, integrates perfectly and it ultra comfortable. Double push button clasp with a hidden little adjustment to give you a extra 4-5mm or so on a hot day. 
Movement is a Chronometer grade Sellita and comes with a COSC certificate to boot. 
Geez, I even love the box! Nice leather job, reminds me a little of Breitlings. 
I could yak on about this watch for fucking ever, I’m just so impressed with it, I’ll add a link to a review for you guys to check out too. 
If you have been looking at this Formex and are on the fence about buying one, just do it. Trust me.

Oh yeah, and the lume lasted all night too....

b2TOt.jpg b2Xk2.jpg b24p3.jpg b2dJE.jpg b2wan.jpg b2uAY.jpg b2MFs.jpg b27vk.jpg b2ROJ.jpg b2Nzo.jpg b2fkP.png b2FVW.png

• Like 2

brang1

very jealous mate, that's a gorgeous watch. Are the Alan key like bolts real or just show?

Flinnt

Damn that’s a nice watch. 

What are you doing dropping more gens on my list in times like these?

Intresting

The Oris is surely superfluous by now......     Nice pick up mate.

Thommo82
13 minutes ago, brang1 said:

very jealous mate, that's a gorgeous watch. Are the Alan key like bolts real or just show?

From what I gather, they are part of the suspension system. I read that in some of there other watches there is a clear part so you can actually see the suspension springs and what not. 
Check the pics of it when I press on the back, moves up a few mm’s. Takes a bit of pressure to move, doesn’t feel loose ever. 

bAic2.jpg bAawt.jpg

6 minutes ago, Flinnt said:

Damn that’s a nice watch. 

What are you doing dropping more gens on my list in times like these?

I’m just an asshole 

1 minute ago, Intresting said:

The Oris is surely superfluous by now......     Nice pick up mate.

It’s yours mate, I’ll even pay shipping 

• Like 2