Toug

2836 stem trouble

Toug

Hi Guys,

First time posting in here, go easy on me if I haven’t posted to the right section etc.

I’m working on a little mod, the watch movement is a 2836, removal went smoothly with nothing to report, hand removal plus a new dial fitted all fine, until I got onto reinstalling the stem into the movement, for some reason it doesn’t seem to want to accept it.

Am I missing something or are there any suggestions in how to get around this?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GenTLe

You probably messed up the keyless by dislocating one of the 2 gears that normally sits on the stem... Never work on a movement without the stem, something can move and bang!, you can't insert the stem anymore.

Also extreme gentleness should be practiced while reinserting the stem: apart the A2892A2 (which is a true bitch when it comes to stem reinsertion), the best way is:

1) to remove the stem while in winding position

2) reinsert the stem slowly rotating it until the movement starts to handwind and the stem doesn't move forward, then you can push it fully-in.

To fix it you can access it either removing the mainspring plate (more difficult anyway) or removing hands/dial, then the shiny plate covering the keyless and fixing them from the upper side of the movement.

Ciao, GenTLe

• Like 1

Dr Fun Socks

To reset the keyless, follow this from about 12 mins. Obviously disassemble it first. 

• Like 1

Nikosaldente

Nice video:D

Toug

Thank you guys! All sorted, the issue was the keyless which needed to be reset. All in an hours work

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2