Mankw

My collection.... so far

Mankw

xRg7R.jpg

It’s been a while, so few new additions in the collection... up - down/ left - right 

- gen sub

- GMF date just 41 two tone silver dial

- ARF V2 Daytona panda

- BP YG sub 

- BP YG day date white dial Roman numerals 

- ARF explorer 39 mm

- BP RG gmt root beer 

- gen TAG Carrera calibre heuer 1 ceramic case rubber strap skeleton dial

BM284

Lovely collection you have there! A good solid stable - What are your plans for expansion?

Mankw

I have a noob v10 sub already here at home but waiting for service, and a two tone blue sub ARF v3 On it’s way. Last one need to swap gen date and crystal, already in my hands. Will show pics when it’s done. 

Edited by Mankw

tribefan

Bluesy would have good company here. Nice selection.

Chiquita Fanjita
42 minutes ago, Mankw said:

I have a noob v10 sub already here at home but waiting for service, and a two tone blue sub ARF v3 On it’s way. Last one need to swap gen date and crystal, already in my hands. Will show pics when it’s done. 

Every collection should have a bluesy :D 

xGejb.jpg

Mine says hi :lol: 

Mankw
10 hours ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

Every collection should have a bluesy :D 

xGejb.jpg

Mine says hi :lol: 

Well it’s from this exact picture I decided i need one in my collection! I was thinking buying the yellow gold black combination, but your perfect photo of the blue one convinced me to change it for blue yellow gold combination! 

Mystery Shopper

Very nice :clap:

Chiquita Fanjita
10 hours ago, Mankw said:

Well it’s from this exact picture I decided i need one in my collection! I was thinking buying the yellow gold black combination, but your perfect photo of the blue one convinced me to change it for blue yellow gold combination! 

Thanks :D The 116613LN is lovely too, but something about the blue and gold on the LB that just takes it to another level. 

You realise that this is more gen than rep?

Mankw
14 hours ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

Thanks :D The 116613LN is lovely too, but something about the blue and gold on the LB that just takes it to another level. 

You realise that this is more gen than rep?

Yes I saw it on your previous posts that you highly Franken the watch. I will only change gen datewheel and gen Crystal. All the rest is a bit expensive to swap, like gold bezel and gen dial,... cost a lot. I hope ARF is good enough to keep it original. 

Mankw
On 16/08/2020 at 03:02, Mystery Shopper said:

Very nice :clap:

Thanks! Hard to choose every morning...

Chiquita Fanjita
8 hours ago, Mankw said:

Yes I saw it on your previous posts that you highly Franken the watch. I will only change gen datewheel and gen Crystal. All the rest is a bit expensive to swap, like gold bezel and gen dial,... cost a lot. I hope ARF is good enough to keep it original. 

The standard dial and bezel are very good on the ARF, as I mentioned in my build thread.  I assume you got the ARF with the SH3135 v2 movement?  Unfortunately, a gen datewheel won't fit the 3135 in the ARF properly.  You can force it to fit, but it will mangle the gears and destroy the movement pretty quickly.  I had to swap the movement from my SH3135 Noob Sub to allow the gen DWO to fit properly.

Mankw
3 hours ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

The standard dial and bezel are very good on the ARF, as I mentioned in my build thread.  I assume you got the ARF with the SH3135 v2 movement?  Unfortunately, a gen datewheel won't fit the 3135 in the ARF properly.  You can force it to fit, but it will mangle the gears and destroy the movement pretty quickly.  I had to swap the movement from my SH3135 Noob Sub to allow the gen DWO to fit properly.

Yes it is an ARF SH3135 movement, v3 edition. Don’t know if they still use the V2 movement in the newest ARF sub? I did not expect to bump into this problem! Hope my watch smith can solve this problem. Otherwise I have to find another movement! I thought the ARF movement was good for gen parts. Does the SA3135 accept gen date wheel? VR3135 will from what I read in the posts. Thanks for warning me about the damage it could cause in the movement! 

Chiquita Fanjita
13 minutes ago, Mankw said:

Yes it is an ARF SH3135 movement, v3 edition. Don’t know if they still use the V2 movement in the newest ARF sub? I did not expect to bump into this problem! Hope my watch smith can solve this problem. Otherwise I have to find another movement! I thought the ARF movement was good for gen parts. Does the SA3135 accept gen date wheel? VR3135 will from what I read in the posts. Thanks for warning me about the damage it could cause in the movement! 

I'm not sure if there is any difference in the movement in their latest version.  I assumed the same that the ARF would accept all gen parts, but on building it, found that this wasn't the case.  There wasn't any fix to the datewheel problem, other than swap the movement.  Luckily my watchsmith had my other Noob Submariner with the SH3135 movement which already had a gen DWO fitted to get some work done to it, so I asked him to swap the movements so not to leave the Bluesy with the rep DWO while everything else was changing to gen parts. 

I don't think the SA3135 does, and it is not a very reliable movement.  The VR3135 should accept all gen parts, and I have in fact bought two of the VR3135 movements to replace the ARF movement in my Noob sub and the Noob movement in my Bluesy, as they are the most reliable and gen like 3135 movement.

You may be lucky and they might have changed the movement in the ARF now, but was just to make you aware.

Caspar

Your collection is really great man. How does the gold wear? Does it wear off fast?