tribefan

Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon - PAM Black Seal Build

tribefan

I had the hands and dial from the black seal that got converted into the blue seal and scrounged enough parts to rebuild it, minus the second hand I'll have to order. I had a couple but they are too shallow for the pinion.

Generic Ali PVD case, A6497 the lume half of the dial that came out of an Ali watch and a few different strap options.

Movement is pretty nice. This is the best I could dial it in:

JKziI.jpg JKZV4.jpg

I had a 24MM brown strap that was already on this case. Also tried out a modern rubber strap from a carbotech (nah) and currently have the black leather on it. The chrono24 samples show these with a black leather that looks like it fades to burgundy in the center, although very subtle. I might mess with this black leather one to see if I can get the effect

Lume sucks, but I can fix that when the second hand comes in, I just wanted to get it together today. Anyways, lots of pics.......

JKA7p.jpg JK28b.jpg JKhLi.jpg JKHGX.jpg JKe35.jpg JK5YF.jpg JKUwt.jpg JKWc2.jpg JKiiE.jpg JKmCn.jpg JKoS3.jpg

• Like 1

Simonix

Nice build mate. 

I like the brown strap combo personally. 

BravoDelta

Thats a good looking watch there...nice job!

(Black strap :thumbsup2:)

tribefan
46 minutes ago, Simonix said:

Nice build mate. 

I like the brown strap combo personally. 

Then you'll probably really like this one.

Jh7xW.jpg JhvXP.jpg JhuqJ.jpg

• Like 1

FunnyStarSystem

This is the rare watch case that looks good in pvd. Nice Sunday build, I'm voting 2nd brown strap.

Simonix
10 hours ago, tribefan said:

Then you'll probably really like this one.

Jh7xW.jpg JhvXP.jpg JhuqJ.jpg

LUUUUUUUURRVELY! :-)

tribefan

Here's second one I did yesterday. This is originally a build from @JohnG. I swapped the dial and hands and adjusted it. The nero band is on the Radiomir above and I'm tired of swapping bands on it, so this one has another super soft tan leather strap.

Took some adjustment, it was at -324 sec a day with a 7.2 BE, but it dialed in pretty nicely. Killer movement. I call it the crazy blue dial.

Jahej.jpg Ja2r4.jpg JaHS1.jpg Ja3Cv.jpg

• Like 2

BravoDelta

Nice dial on that @tribefan...and its blue! :)

• Like 1

FunnyStarSystem

How unique is that blue dial! It looks like the guy manning the guilloché machine got hold of a few magic mushrooms at his déjuener. 

Speaking of guilloché, I just watched this video by the guys at RGM in Lancaster, rather interesting. 

tribefan
1 hour ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

How unique is that blue dial! It looks like the guy manning the guilloché machine got hold of a few magic mushrooms at his déjuener. 

Speaking of guilloché, I just watched this video by the guys at RGM in Lancaster, rather interesting. 

That was excellent, thanks for posting that. Fascinating.