RussP

New Week Wrist Check for 24 August 2020

Jibuti

20200819-084532.jpg

• Like 14

Popperini

This just in from Josh RC - lovely classic Speedy. Overseeing the wreckage of the pool following a visit from the grandkids...

c16956d985a261a1927e762b5f9e4e65.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 16

J!m
11 hours ago, mclarendude said:

First VR swap.

Damn stem on the VR came snapped.

Any stem recommendations?

5e5067810e15746b206c5d07f044fc62.jpg
f557b76a5f28bb948070b4e37c387e21.jpg

Need to know what movement to suggest a stem... If it's a 3135 "clone" the gen stems I have tried do not work properly...

• Like 2

mclarendude
Need to know what movement to suggest a stem... If it's a 3135 "clone" the gen stems I have tried do not work properly...

It’s a VR3135.

J!m
3 minutes ago, mclarendude said:

It’s a VR3135.

Ewww… Maybe they have changed sine the last time I had to deal with a clone stem. Have you tried the 3135 stem? Alternatively, try a 2824 stem, since it IS a rep. Otherwise, I got nothing. $200 for another movement to get a stem... MAYBE the trusted sellers can help? Any you do a lot of volume with?

GingerApple
1 hour ago, Popperini said:

This just in from Josh RC - lovely classic Speedy. Overseeing the wreckage of the pool following a visit from the grandkids...

c16956d985a261a1927e762b5f9e4e65.plist

You love the little monkeys!!!

Is that one of those jet pool swim-on-the-spot things or a massive hot tub or what? And don't you have a storm down there today!!?!

• Like 1

Nikosaldente

New love!

20200825-164044.jpg

20200825-164352.jpg

20200825-170142.jpg

• Like 14

paccbet

37847DA2-1733-4E9A-8DDB-2651B8C5A29Da161

• Like 14

mclarendude
Ewww… Maybe they have changed sine the last time I had to deal with a clone stem. Have you tried the 3135 stem? Alternatively, try a 2824 stem, since it IS a rep. Otherwise, I got nothing. $200 for another movement to get a stem... MAYBE the trusted sellers can help? Any you do a lot of volume with?

Ended up ordering a 3135 stem and some assorted ETA’s for future cases as I start to learn more and more about overhauling etc. thanks!!

• Like 1

mclarendude

Another day, another penny.

81ad6e1648f77e86e9fa2ed48d565b2f.jpg

• Like 13

Popperini
You love the little monkeys!!!
Is that one of those jet pool swim-on-the-spot things or a massive hot tub or what? And don't you have a storm down there today!!?!

It’s both! A “swim spa” is what they call it - it’s got the swim-on-the-spot jets, and the hot tub massage seats malarkey for up to 8 people. Mrs. Pops is a great one for swimming, and the grandkids love it.

I can’t stand the water so I just clear up the mess afterwards...

And yes - we’ve had a very turbulent day down here, both in and out of the pool!

Nexus9

...and now, for something a little different....

A Slava Specnaz Russian Attack Guard watch.  Cheap, light, thin - Miyota 2115 quartz movement that keeps surprisingly good time.  And I don't have to put my glasses on to tell the time! 

Wup!  Edited the picture out because it was too big, and the Click Pix icon disappeared.  Next one...

Nexus9

Here we go...

VPfHW.jpg

• Like 14

GC

LEGO time with my boy...

VPG4Q.jpg

• Like 12

BadPickle

634-FAF13-90-A5-4169-A8-C4-8759-E5-C6-FC

• Like 9

Popperini
29 minutes ago, Nexus9 said:

...and now, for something a little different....

A Slava Specnaz Russian Guard watch.  Cheap, light, thin - Miyota 2115 quartz movement that keeps surprisingly good time.  And I don't have to put my glasses on to tell the time! 

Wup!  Edited the picture out because it was too big, and the Click Pix icon disappeared.  Next one...

That is AMAZING. Are these available still?

GingerApple
1 hour ago, Popperini said:

A “swim spa” is what they call it - it’s got the swim-on-the-spot jets, and the hot tub massage seats malarkey for up to 8 people.

Would you recommend yours? Or recommend any in particular? Wifey wants a hot tub, but I'm thinking about other options.

Edeeot
16 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Would you recommend yours? Or recommend any in particular? Wifey wants a hot tub, but I'm thinking about other options.

We just got rid of our hot tub "swim spa", PITA, I must of replaced the heater like 4 times ($200 ea), and the control board like 4 times. ($400 ea) in three years. Biggest waste of money, it's like buying a boat, just buckets of money thrown away.  I think of all the nice watches I could've bought as I cry myself to sleep each night... Buy a watch it will last longer...

• Like 1

Navichief

green-00938.jpg

• Like 13

Popperini
29 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I did a good bit of research before we went for this one - the “Party Pool” by Elite Spas. It’s worked great and is a pretty good bit of kit, so it gets a :thumbsup: from me.

With something this size, finding a local supplier was preferable, so that factored into our choice - there’s an Elite Spas franchise here on the Island. However, prices were pretty consistent for other pools with a similar spec and I think it’s one of those products that the manufacturers (mainly in the US) have got pretty well sorted, so they’re probably all much of a muchness.

But you could almost certainly get one just as good from the Gate or Aliexpress for under a grand with free shipping via Chinapost.

P.S. Just seen Edeeot’s response, and... LOL. 

• Like 1

Nexus9
24 minutes ago, Popperini said:

That is AMAZING. Are these available still?

Heck, no.  I got the only one in the country, and that's just the way I want it!  :batontwirl:

Haha... only foolin'.  I bought this on eBay from "Moscow Time Seller" for less than $100.  I've bought other watches from him, and I recommend him.  Original free shipping time was stated as "up to two months", but I took the free shipping anyway, and the watch arrived in about a week.  It came with a stainless bracelet, but I installed the $6.95 nylon strap as soon as I took the watch out of the box. 

Russian watches are fun.  They have a different kind of personality, and they're inexpensive, for the most part.  Moscow Time has a bunch of different models to choose from, take a look and see what you like!  :morebeer:

Popperini
9 minutes ago, Nexus9 said:

Russian watches are fun.  They have a different kind of personality, and they're inexpensive, for the most part.  Moscow Time has a bunch of different models to choose from, take a look and see what you like!  :morebeer:

Cheers for the info buddy. They are fun, I’ve got a few already. But with more than a billion different models to choose from, there’s always a new one to take you by surprise! 

I’d already jumped on eBay to check for it - but currently it’s listed as “out of stock” from moscowtime. But I’m watching it now... 

fatarms

5513 today

VTOTY.jpg

• Like 12

ShylockEins
IMG-8119.jpg

Really stunning, mate.

15672a0ac34c569c179b0771ca835636.plist

• Like 11

Intresting

Good morning

VT494.jpg