Sign in to follow this  
sonicd0012

Your opinion on this Rolex Sub watch?

sonicd0012

Just wanted to know anyones opinion on this watch as an everyday beater and how well would it last being it 18K gold plated. Also, is it really "Noobfactory" and do you think its worth the price?

http://www.timeshops.net/product.php?id_product=8159

Edited by sonicd0012

Balad1

TS is one of our trusted dealers and if you confirm it has the Swiss movement I would say it is worth the money, $338 (confirm the movement and rep availability before pay for it).

8159-57448-thickbox.jpg

------------------------------

Here is another trusted dealer's offering that is probably the best sub available in blue (Swiss movement). It doesn't have the gold on it but it's sweet, $370 (Check with BK but it is normally a 30 day lead time).

IMG_5372.jpg

BK Link: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6181

Both of these reps are higher end, you sure you don't want something cheaper for a beater?

PWC offering: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...19&hl=rolex

Luthier

Noobfactory my ass...

It's a good Sub, but other dealers sell it for $300.

sonicd0012
TS is one of our trusted dealers and if you confirm it has the swiss movement I would say it is worth the money, $338 (confirm the movement and rep availability before pay for it).

8159-57448-thickbox.jpg

Here is another trusted dealer's offering that is probably the best sub available in blue. It doesn't have the gold on it but it's sweet, $370 (Check with BK but it is normally a 30 day lead time).

IMG_5372.jpg

BK Link: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6181

Both of these reps are higher end, you sure you don't want something cheaper for a beater?

PWC offering: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...19&hl=rolex

My biggest thing is that the gold does not scratch off etc. If i will notice the gold rubbing off after 3/4 months of use, then please by all means , put me in my place and tell me to go Stainless Steel. Thats all i need lol

sonicd0012
Noobfactory my ass...

Yes, but is it super gold plated etc 18k type ?

Do they make it waterproof for shower use etc?

PS. If the gold will wear off in 3/4 months then please put me in my place and tell me so, i hate to see wear etc on a watch.

myaz

I recently got a that sub from BK and am totally pleased. As luthier points out it's available elsewhere for less but BK adds a couple of mods (see the link provided by Balad). Are the mods totally necessary? not really, because the watch is so darn close without them. However, I gotta hand it to BK to get 1 step closer to the ever elusive perfect rep.

sonicd0012
Noobfactory my ass...

They say its like ultra plated etc for the gold to stay on 5 times longer than standard.

ThinkBachs

-As far as gold plating goes, I always think it looks cheap.

-How long it'll wear? All depends on how you take care of it.

-Waterproof? No such thing. Water resistant can be done by making sure the crystal is seated properly, rings are all sealed. You can get it pressure tested to make sure.

-Wearing it in the shower? Why? Soap scum and crap gets gummed up in the nooks and crannies, plus the change in temperature weakens the seals over time. People will tell you they never have a problem treating their watch like this, but it's not recommended for any watch.

8159-57448-thickbox.jpg

Yikes! Dial looks like crap, bezel looks like crap took a crap. When spending this kind of money, always ask for QC shots to ensure you're happy with the product.

Doing a search on this an the other forums for the watch you're interested in will give you some added and valuable insight. Don't get one just to get it then do your search- those are the watches you'll find the most of in the sales sections.

Luthier
They say its like ultra plated etc for the gold to stay on 5 times longer than standard.

They could say whatever they want, to sell the watch. Super-duper-extra-fooker. Yeah, right.

Usual plating is about 5-7 microns, and it stay well for a year-three years, depend, how often you'll wear the watch.

Gold wrapped - it's another thing, it's 5 times thicker, my Two Tone Sub, that I bought 3 years ago, and wear it quite ofen, didn't show any signs of wearing. But I've heard - factories have just a few gold wrapped models only, so, check with dealers.