hydraxiler32

Building a Tudor Black Bay 36 Super Clone

hydraxiler32

I'm interested in trying to build a black bay 36 super clone. First off, the KRF Black Bay 36 on the exterior is AFAIK essentially identical to the real thing, the only differences I noticed being slightly flatter printing and a more open pinion cap on the rep. Apparently the bracelet is noticeably smoother on the gen but that's to be expected, and it's nothing a bit of lube can't fix.

here's a link to a thread: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/tudor/7485255-black-bay-36-krf-vs-gen-comparison

So essentially what I want to do is upgrade and mod the movement. The gen black bay 36 uses a Tudor modified ETA 2824-2. Far as I'm aware, it's a top-grade ETA 2824-2 with a Tudor rotor, upgraded with a Triovis regulator vs Etachron, and a KIF shock absorber vs an Incabloc one.

What I'm planning to do is getting a gen ETA 2824-2 in either Elabore or Top, and then modding it. KIF springs are pretty cheap and easy to come by, as are aftermarket rotors with a Tudor marking, but the difficult part has been finding a Triovis regulator; I've searched for a while and have had absolutely no lead on them, so anyone got any idea in sourcing them?

And another question, are shock absorbers cross-compatible with each other? I remember reading something that said they were but I'd like to confirm.

And sorry if this isn't the right place to ask these sorta questions, and if it isn't, what's a good place to ask them?

Cheers!

tribefan

https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/forum/11-watch-repair-upgrade-reference/

This is probably the best forum for your topic, but you should get answers here. Good questions, I have no idea. I'm more of a BB58 guys myself, but good luck with the build.