no_sauce_man

New Rolex releases

no_sauce_man

What do y'all think about the new Sub and OPs? Personally, I think making the move to 41mm  is a poor choice. Subs have always been 40mm, and changing that just feels...wrong. On top of that, I liked the maxi case, even if it was getting a bit long in the tooth. The new lugs appear to be slimmer, and slightly longer, which may hinder its ability to fit on a range of wrist sizes.

L1270242.jpg?ixlib=rails-1.1.0&fm=jpg&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&ch=Width%2CDPR%2CSave-Data&fit=crop&w=820

On the plus side, I am in love with the new turquoise OP36 and the S&G OP41 :D

op41_hero.jpg?ixlib=rails-1.1.0&fm=jpg&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=crop&ch=Width%2CDPR%2CSave-Data&alt=

• Like 1

FoxWilde

I don’t mind too much on the size, it seems like it’ll wear the same. I didn’t expect them to get drastic on any changes, especially with the sub. That being said, I predict rep factories are going to scramble to make a functional clone of the 323X series. Now that modern subs will be carrying those.

paccbet

c0Kci.jpg
c02ib.jpg
c0HwX.jpg
c0ACp.jpg
c0LS5.jpg
c05LF.jpg

Really feeling the OPs especially the green 

• Like 4

no_sauce_man

Agreed, I think the OPs stole the show this year. I'm not sure how to feel about the steel crown and white dial text on the rolesor subs though...

FoxWilde
Agreed, I think the OPs stole the show this year. I'm not sure how to feel about the steel crown and white dial text on the rolesor subs though...

Yeah, it’s gonna take a while for my eyes to get used to that.
Better news for reps though! I suppose Clone ETAs will be very reasonable options since they’re functionally correct to 32XX movements too.
  • Like 1

fatarms

They're finally selling a factory shark?   That's the best looking sub there is. 

no_sauce_man
5 minutes ago, fatarms said:

They're finally selling a factory shark?   That's the best looking sub there is. 

It's definitely near the top of my list. Personally I would've liked to see a blue SS no date, following the success of the BB58 blue. I could've sworn that's what they were hinting at, what all their 'out of the blue' teasers and such

• Like 1

Thommo82

I personally think the new lug shape is better, but I’m not a fan of the change to the crown guards. 

• Like 1

J!m

The real question is: can you get them? The supply restrictions have been stupid the last few years. 

Im going to swing by my AD and see if I can try something on tomorrow. 

Realism
39 minutes ago, J!m said:

The real question is: can you get them? The supply restrictions have been stupid the last few years. 

Im going to swing by my AD and see if I can try something on tomorrow. 

Supply restriction would not work if there isn't an increased demand. It takes two to tango...

As per this morning in Asia, all of these subs are pre sold to VVIP clients... You might get lucky with seeing a couple of the new dial/sized OPs

Mr_B

I like the bigger size, I'm with Thommo, don't like the shaved CGs 

splke

There's a new kermit rumoured too :boobies3:

GenTLe

I think I'm in love with the shark.

Personally I like the new case with thinner lugs. Also I've read they'll be a tad thinner than the older versions, which is good too.

On the plus side: the dials seem (but I may be wrong...) all the same, so eventually you can get a black one and then, when you're tired of it, replace the insert and have a legit and totally new look, which is good. Also for our Factories, this should be an easier production not having to deal with dial colours, apart that they'll have to re-do the case completely and it will be a mess at the beginning (I foresee the first versions being upscaled 40mm with totally wrong lugs and crown guards...).

BadApple
8 minutes ago, splke said:

oh yes now thats nice

Still 2mm too small for me !!

SteveA

Smurf nice,hate sharks and Kermit and those coloured OPs are abortions.

Mr_B
1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Don't hold back :lmao:

GenTLe
8 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Have to agree for the OPs, but only for them, I like the new sub line.

Exception being the pink one in 36mm, I think it will be very nice on girls (and metrosexuals in electric scooters).

Flinnt

I’ll take a Kermit. But agree with GenTLe the rep manufacturers will make a mess of the case (and then do stepwise improvements over 10 years).

Howitzer
5 hours ago, Thommo82 said:

I personally think the new lug shape is better

Agreed, I much prefer the new lugs to the old. I always felt like the bracelet was somehow too narrow for those fat ol' lugs. The slight increase in case size combined with the new lug shape makes for a much better looking watch IMO. 

Aside from that, I am extremely underwhelmed by the whole selection. The new Shark and Kermit models are just lazy, and as for the OPs it looks like someone was working from home on the dial colours and one of their toddlers got at their design software . The double indices at 3, 6 and 9 are also awful, just look cheap to me. 

• Like 1

GenTLe
8 hours ago, no_sauce_man said:

L1270242.jpg?ixlib=rails-1.1.0&fm=jpg&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&ch=Width%2CDPR%2CSave-Data&fit=crop&w=820

Actually are we sure that the change is in the lug shape and not in the bracelet width? I played a bit with Ms Paint and to me it seems that yes, the lugs have been thinned, but also the bracelet seems to have moved to 21mm lug size...

• Like 1

Chiquita Fanjita
45 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Actually are we sure that the change is in the lug shape and not in the bracelet width? I played a bit with Ms Paint and to me it seems that yes, the lugs have been thinned, but also the bracelet seems to have moved to 21mm lug size...

There was a video on YouTube about the new Sub last month with leaked info and tells all about the changes.  the lugs are thinner than previous and Rolex were kind of making a larger version of the 5 digit Sub rather than a new version of the 6 digit maxi.

The ones I'd have are the new Sky-Dwellers.  The Everose gold with chocolate dial on Oysterflex and full Everose gold with rhodium dial are just stunning! :drool:

Skydweller-2020.jpg

Howitzer
52 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Good spot! I do think it's a combo of both but if you look at the lugs compared to the 5 and 7 bezel markers it does look to be wider, just by eye anyway... Looks like more than 1mm though?! Either way that whole area has much better proportions. 

CollieWobbles
52 minutes ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

There was a video on YouTube about the new Sub last month with leaked info and tells all about the changes.  the lugs are thinner than previous and Rolex were kind of making a larger version of the 5 digit Sub rather than a new version of the 6 digit maxi.

The ones I'd have are the new Sky-Dwellers.  The Everose gold with chocolate dial on Oysterflex and full Everose gold with rhodium dial are just stunning! :drool:

Skydweller-2020.jpg

Beautiful, I'm a sucker for rose gold.